Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:15 PM

Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu (1094 Views)

Had Jonathan Won Naira Would Be 1000 Naira To A Dollar -- President Buhari / Why Tribunal Nullified More PDP Elections Compared To APC In 2015 April Election / House Of Reps Election - Tinubu May Still Spring A Surprise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by HighChief4(m): 4:03pm On Jul 20, 2011
A former Governor of Lagos State, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, on Monday said President Goodluck Jonathan won the April presidential election.

Tinubu, who is also the National Leader of the Action Congress of Nigeria,however, claimed that some of the results attributed to Jonathan in some parts of the country were exaggerated.

“I believe Jonathan won the election but that the returns attributed to him in some parts of the country obviously appeared exaggerated,” he said in a paper he presented at the Chatham House, London.

In the paper entitled, ‘Democracy and the Rebirth of Opposition in Nigeria,’ the former governor added that “the inflated tally (in favour of the President) detracted from what would have been a well-deserved victory.’’

He noted that due to the unique circumstances of Jonathan’s rise to power, the public saw him as a distinctive figure.

The ACN leader warned that celebrating the election as free and fair might lead to the Independent National Electoral Commission beating its chest, thereby, short-circuiting the process of fundamental electoral reform.

Tinubu, who also took a swipe at the opposition parties, said they did not run coordinated campaigns with a unifying message.

He said the campaigns were not strong enough to effectively match the machinery of the Peoples Democratic Party which emerged victorious at the elections.

The former governor said, “The opposition believed that public disenchantment with the ruling party, the PDP, was enough to get rid of them at the polls.

“In retrospect, we made an important strategic mistake that continued to play out and weaken us throughout the campaigns.’’

Tinubu also admitted that major opposition parties began their serious work too late.

“In the end, the opposition parties danced with each other but did not embrace; our constant dancing however, confused the public and partially doused some of the public’s enthusiasm,’’ he stressed.

He attributed the security challenges in the country, especially the menace of Boko Haram, to high level of poverty, economic and social injustice, and ignorance.

Tinubu noted that the situation was made worse by the political machinations of a group of people dissatisfied with the outcome of the general elections.

He, however, expressed his “full sympathy and support’’for the President in finding solution to the disturbing phenomenon.

Tinubu said Jonathan must succeed in his resolve to tackle the menace, adding that the lingering security challenge could damage the country and the West African region.
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by docokwy(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2012
Does anyone still remember this admission by Tinubu that Jonathan won the election?
But what does Tinubu say today? That Jonathan did not win the election.
Did he collect money then to support Jonathan? And now that the money is not coming, he is singing a different song?
Tinubu is the leader of a certain group of Nigerians
Yet Tinubu is such a flip flopper or a horribly fair-weather politician
What does that tell you about those led by Tinubu?

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by docokwy(m): 4:35pm On May 17, 2012
^^^^^
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 17, 2012
It doesn't surprise me that he speaks with both sides of the mouth cos:

Tinubu is a businessman.
ACN is his business conglomerate
He's the chairman while his party governors are the MDs

A true naija politrickian.
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by 9jaIhail(m): 7:28pm On May 17, 2012
This man below is a thief and deserved to be in jail.His followers are blind

Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Afam4eva(m): 7:40pm On May 17, 2012
What's the difference between Tinubu and other political jobbers out there. He's putting his mouth where his food is.
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Ejine(m): 8:09pm On May 17, 2012
When I keep drumming it in the ears of people like Gbawe that ACN is no different from the rest of the crooked political jobbers we have in the country as far as ethics is concerned, they keep trying to dissociate themselves from reality, believing their 'progressive' saviours have finally come.

In a way, I feel sorry for the disciples this criminal called Tinubu has been able to win over with his Fashola media acrobatics.

But then again, let experience be their teacher.
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Mynd44: 8:59pm On May 17, 2012
I don't like Tinubu that much but how did he go wrong, did he lie about the retardeen winning the election? Please you guys should be objective
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Funkymallam(m): 9:08pm On May 17, 2012
I dey watch o.
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by jmaine: 9:56pm On May 17, 2012
Funkymallam: I dey watch o.

[size=18pt]Like this ========>[/size] [size=18pt] . . .I guess grin[/size]
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Funkymallam(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2012
jmaine:

[size=18pt]Like this ========>[/size] [size=18pt] . . .I guess grin[/size]

U knw every na. grin grin
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Nobody: 6:41am On May 18, 2012
We all know Jona won the election, m from the SW and I know a lot of people voted for him out of compassion.
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Mynd44: 6:44am On May 18, 2012
princey83: We all know Jona won the election, m from the SW and I know a lot of people voted for him out of compassion.
Actually, they voted for him outta stupidity. How can you vote someone who has no track record of doing anything outta compassion?
Re: Jonathan Won April Election – Tinubu by Mcdondayan: 7:38am On May 18, 2012
@mynd44 pls stop crying. Jonathan will rule naija for more than 8yrs so stop crying cos u can do nothing to Gods chosen one. If u are in that position u will not do better. If anyone of u on NL think its easy 2 head a multi ethnic, nd multi lingual country lyk naija that person is not been truthful. All we have to do is PRAY

(1) (Reply)

Don't Blame Gowon. Blame The Ejoors, Ogundipes, Weys & Southern Cowards / Is This The First Nigerian Elected As ICC Judge? / Un Warns Of Crimes Against Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.