Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,717 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:31 AM

How To Move From Consumption To Production In Nigeria - By Moses Ihenacho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Move From Consumption To Production In Nigeria - By Moses Ihenacho (212 Views)

Tinubu Shifting Economy From Consumption To Production – Eniola Badmus / Investing In Youths Will Aid Our Journey From Consumption To Production – Obi / Peter Obi Explains “From Consumption To Production” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Move From Consumption To Production In Nigeria - By Moses Ihenacho by ndustan(m): 8:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
HOW TO MOVE FROM CONSUMPTION TO PRODUCTION IN NIGERIA - By Moses Ihenacho

Hello Nigeria!
How do you define yourself as a nation? Do you define yourself by your production, or by your consumption?
People define themselves by their consumption, and not by their production. Most people believe they “belong” to what they consume, the brands they use, their celebrities, the TV shows that they watch and the subcultures they belong to.
But what you need to realize, is that consumption requires zero effort whereas productivity requires the sweat of one’s brow to make it things happen. Productivity is the ultimate engine of growth in the global economy. Raising productivity is therefore a fundamental challenge for countries that desire growth.
An English crime writer and poet, Dorothy L. Sayers once wrote that "a society in which consumption has to be artificially stimulated in order to keep production going is a society founded on trash and waste, for such a society is a house built upon sand. That is the current economic state of our dear country.

As an entrepreneur, I feel pained seeing the level of development of Nigeria’s contemporaries in the 80s, countries like Brazil, India, South Korea and Mexico.
I look at the kind of politics we play today and I feel sorry for Nigeria, and don’t forget that this politics shape the well-being of citizens.
Therefore, I will like to ask this pertinent question at this critical time of our history. What does Nigeria spend most of her time doing—producing or consuming?
I believe we all know the answer. For decades now, we've continually witnessed consumption based economy and we've continually faced the music except for the political class that have driven the economy into a comatose state.

Consumption based economy has ushered us into unemployment rate of 33 percent of our population, out of which we have over 21 million young people who are angry and restless due to joblessness.

Consumption based economy has forced us to depend solely on crude oil which makes our economy vulnerable.

Consumption based economy has caused our external debt to rise steadily in recent years which has also hampered the country's ability to invest in her economic future. Although there's nothing wrong with borrowing but the usage is where the issue lies.

According to United Nation, Nigeria is expected to be the world’s third-most-populous country by 2050, with over 300 million people.
And for real, Nigeria is currently experiencing a booming population which requires more jobs, more opportunities and a stable political environment amongst others.

I believe we can change the narrative. We can change the political trajectory of our dear country and the time is now. We can not continue to do the same old thing and expect a different result, it's high time we took up our fair share of the global productive burden. It's high time we took back our country. I urge you to chose production over consumption.

Productivity is important in any economy because of it's enormous impact on the standard of living. It increases wages. We must temporarily reduce consumption to make investments that will increase productivity and support more consumption in the future.

We need to genuinely increase human capital as poverty is fast taking over all the nooks and crannies of the country. We need a wealth creator and not a spendthrift. We need a leader who will invest in people through health care, quality education, job creation and skills that will help develop human capital. That is the key to eradicating extreme poverty and creating more inclusive societies.

This is the season to make the needed change. As we approach the election period, I want you to take a deep reflection and be true to your conscience, play down the tribal and political sentiments and ask your inner mind that amongst the presidential candidates, who has the capacity, the credibility, the track record and the will power to take us from consumption to production.

You know the candidate, I know the candidate, they know the candidate but trust me power is not given, power is taken, so it is left for us the masses, (the north, south, east and west) to collectively make a loud statement with our voting power to elect the right candidate for the job. And so I'm calling on patriotic Nigerians to support the movement the young people have started, and I can assure you it will yield the desired change we've been yearning for by God's grace, insha Allah! So go get your PVC and take back Naija now!!!

God bless federal republic of Nigeria.

Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lhiuRdc-ew

1 Like

Re: How To Move From Consumption To Production In Nigeria - By Moses Ihenacho by buckeyemedia: 9:16pm On Jun 10, 2022
First provide electricity

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Defeat And Destroy The Nigerian Cabal: Frank Kokori / 2023: Why I Settled For Okowa As Running Mate — Atiku / Judges’ Discretion, Solution To Delayed Judgment – Ex-justice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.