Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,138 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Sleep Paralysis,what Do You Think? Spiritual Or Medical? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Sleep Paralysis,what Do You Think? Spiritual Or Medical? (208 Views)

Sleep Paralysis: Is It Natural Or Spiritual? / Share Your Sleep Paralysis Experience Here. / Help!! Is This Spiritual Or Physical Problem? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sleep Paralysis,what Do You Think? Spiritual Or Medical? by mizzhathaway: 10:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
Good evening everyone, please I want your opinions on this topic,it's caused a debate,sort of,lol with some of my friends.
Some say it's spiritual,some believe there's nothing spiritual about it.
Well,personally, I'd say it's not spiritual,well what do I know? I'm just a curious student who loves facts and explanations about everything a lot but that still doesn't rule out the possibility that this sleep paralysis of a thing might be a spiritual phenomenon which science has successfully explained away..
I remember my first experience, it was terrifying and it came with hallucinations. I blamed my over active imagination and the movies and novels I was indulging in then. I thought I was about to die, I prayed and everything,it didn't happen for years, and I left the matter till I stumbled on it again while reading, I was particularly interested, I drank in as much info I could about it,and was secretly relieved it was not an attack I had then..
It didn't happen again till this year,happened like thrice already this ASUU strike. And honestly,the knowledge I had didn't help one bit,each episode was still as scary as....and each time,I prayed internally till it was over,it was impossible for me to just calmly wait it out. I've been turning different possibilities in my head and I noticed i feel maybe it was because I overslept those times..that first time,I was waiting for admission...and the early part of this strike I slept a lot,lol. The third time it happened tho,it was thee opposite I was very fatigued and couldn't sleep.
I have come to accept that it could also be spiritually manipulated, though deep down,I knew mine wasn't,no fallen angel could oppress me.. everyone and what they believe..so what do you all think?
Re: Sleep Paralysis,what Do You Think? Spiritual Or Medical? by Jolene201(f): 11:03pm On Jun 10, 2022
It happens..some think it's an attack tho.

1 Like

Re: Sleep Paralysis,what Do You Think? Spiritual Or Medical? by wallarwallar(m): 1:45am On Jun 11, 2022
Both.. Visit Dr and spiritualist to balance d equation and thank me later
Re: Sleep Paralysis,what Do You Think? Spiritual Or Medical? by mizzhathaway: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2022
wallarwallar:
Both.. Visit Dr and spiritualist to balance d equation and thank me later
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Here Is Why We Lost Almost 50k Mother's Yearly In Nigeria (UNICEF/WHO) / Some Foods That Could Kill You / 48 Health Benefits Of Honey For 48 Health Issues| Talkyourown.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.