Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:45 PM

In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. (311 Views)

2011 Presidential Election Jonathan Lost In NW And NE Still Won(photo) / Joke When People Say Kano votes Is Bigger Than Southeast, See 2011 Presidential / Igbos Should Go To Hell, They Have Lost The War And Defeated-junaid Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by queenjoseph(f): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
I will almost never forget in 2010, after Yaradua died and was succeeded by Jonathan who decided to contest 2011 presidency as the incumbent.

The whole north kicked against it saying it was the north's turn.

The north voted all for Atiku and Buhari while the south west, south east and south south voted for Jonathan.

North insisted that it was it's turn to complete Yaradua's tenure.

So everyone in the south united and they taught the north a lesson that Nigeria does not belong to the north.

When in the north, I learnt that the northerners hated Jonathan since it was because of him that the invincibility of the north was proven false.

It was one of the reasons they started bombing everywhere in the guise of boko haram.

I heard them say that Jonathan must spent years in prison after leaving office because it was because of him the north was put to shame.

Let us do the same this election.

Let the south come together this time and show the north that their statement "Muslim northerners are the majority and must always rule whenever they wish" is false.
Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by queenjoseph(f): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2022
Also the assertion by the northern Muslims that Christians in Nigeria are minority is nothing but far from the truth.

Even in the north there are many indigenous Christians.

Sometimes in places like Sokoto, Katsina, Jigawa, Zamfara, etc you enter into an interior village and find indigenous Christians.

When a Hausa Muslim told me this thing, I didn't believe it until I saw it myself.

In Borno, Yobe, Adamawa, Kaduna, Plateau, Gombe, Taraba which are northern states, Christians are as many as the Muslims.

I have been to Kano several times because I just love the city. I have observed that every 3 or 4 persons I see in the city of Kano, at least one of them is a Christian(mostly Christians from the south). So even in a city like Kano that carries voting power due to it's population, Christians hold at least a quarter of that power. Even in a mega northern Islamic state like Kano, Christians carry some weight.

In Sokoto, Jigawa, Zamfara and Katsina which are believed to be core Islamic states, in every institution, like polytechnic or University, their chapels are filled with many indigenous Christians that you begin to wonder.

I entered one area where students lived in when in Katsina. They were bearing Muslim names. But one man informed me they are all indigenous Christians but bearing Muslim names.

When I spoke with them, i discovered they were Christians. Even one of them said in his village in Katsina, everyone is a Christian.

So Christians are not minorities because we are everywhere.

Therefore let us unite and produce a young Christian who has what it takes to turn around our country for good.

We are tired of old, dying people leading us without any good results.

We are tired of the northern Muslims making presidency an Islamic agenda.

We need results.
Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by KanwuliaExtra: 11:07pm On Jun 10, 2022
Until the SW decided to strike a deal with the North bound by the blood of satan.

1 Like

Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by funshint(m): 11:11pm On Jun 10, 2022
Yorubas are not with you on this....we might play ethnic card sometimes, but you see that religious card, it's not a selection criteria for us.
Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 10, 2022
Story, southerners are a joke
Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by haffaze777(m): 11:14pm On Jun 10, 2022
queenjoseph:
I will almost never forget in 2010, after Yaradua died and was succeeded by Jonathan who decided to contest 2011 presidency as the incumbent.

The north voted all for Atiku and Buhari while the south west, south east and south south voted for Jonathan.

North insisted that it was their turn to complete Yaradua's tenure.

So everyone in the south was united and they taught the north a lesson that Nigeria does not belong to the north.

When in the north, I learnt that the northerners hated Jonathan since it was because of him that the invincibility of the north was proven false.

It was one of the reasons they started bombing everywhere in the guise of boko haram.

I heard them say that Jonathan must spent years in prison after leaving office because it was because of him the north was put to shame.

Let the south come together this time and show the north that their statement "Muslim northerners are the majority and must always rule whenever they wish" is false.

That's why we must all unite and vote for chief Emilokan 1 of Africagrin

1 Like

Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by queenjoseph(f): 11:53pm On Jun 10, 2022
Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by majole: 12:19am On Jun 11, 2022
queenjoseph:

North insisted that it was it's turn to complete Yaradua's tenure.

So everyone in the south united and they taught the north a lesson that Nigeria does not belong to the north.

You write CRAB/RUBBISH. Your insinuations are false. If North had voted north they world have defeated South. It's a game of number. Didn't Jonathan get votes from North & didn't Buhari get votes from South? There are more votes in the north than the south so if every voter should vote based on that factor North would always win.
Maybe you wanted to say the FULANI/KANURI/HAUSA North. But don't generalise the North when you talking of those 3 ethnic groups
Re: In 2011 Presidential Election, The South United Together And Defeated The North. by Realist12: 12:26am On Jun 11, 2022
All this tribal and religious discrimination won't take us anywhere . Let's grow Tinubu, has shown us we can. He's widely accepted by the regions and religions of the country . Let's vote him he represents handwork and visions.

(1) (Reply)

Bashir Ahmed Claims 97% Of APC Supporters Are Offline. / VP Slot: Finally Tinubu Opens Up On Muslim-muslim Ticket Permutation / Nigerian Traders Lament Losses As Bitcoin Drops 52% Of Its Market Value

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.