Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,715 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? (458 Views)

Onochie: "Wailing Cannot Stop The President From Seeing His Doctors" / Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage / Reason Why I Cannot Sack Yakubu Mahmood As INEC Chairman - Buhari Reveal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by JOLLOFman(m): 12:15am On Jun 11, 2022
Please help! I'm loosing myself!
An addiction for gambling is one of the most destructive! It's well deviced to reduce one's life to crumbs! I am well aware of this yet I could not discontinue. Why?
I've got a fighting spirit(strong head) coupled with an analytical mind that makes me understand why I lost a ticket! That's why. In addition,the near hits, the losses, and the little winnings( the back and forth) and the ecstasy of it all has kept me hoping for a very heavy rainfall in the Sahara for more than a decade. For 12years, gambling has done the worst it could do to a talented young person like me. This I beleive, is quite revealing considering the reach of this platform. I really want to put out a public statement and declare my resignation from this dragon head burning down every meaningful relationship i had and replacing them with ilks in the"industry"
But I cannot stop betting!
I'm stuck! Trapped in the middle a dragon's canine!
How can I set myself loose? the dragon has in its belly my most valued treasures: my education, my career and my Peace! But who can survive this? Maybe one day, the dragon would choke! And I'll recover my losses!
Have I lost my head?[right][/right][/b][b]
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by bastardmod: 12:37am On Jun 11, 2022
JOLLOFman:
An addiction for gambling is one of the most destructive! It's well deviced to reduce one's life to crumbs! I am well aware of this yet I could not discontinue. Why?
I've got a fighting spirit(strong head) coupled with an analytical mind that makes me understand why I lost a ticket! That's why. In addition,the near hits, the losses, and the little winnings( the back and forth) and the ecstasy of it all has kept me hoping for a very heavy rainfall in the Sahara for more than a decade. For 12years, gambling has done the worst it could do to a talented young person like me. This I beleive, is quite revealing considering the reach of this platform. I really want to put out a public statement and declare my resignation from this dragon head burning down every meaningful relationship i had and replacing them with ilks in the"industry"
How can I set myself loose? the dragon has in its belly my most valued treasures: my education, my career and my Peace! But who can survive this? Maybe one day, the dragon would choke! And I'll recover my losses!

So sorry to read this. Please see someone, a professional

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by PoliteActivist: 12:48am On Jun 11, 2022
This is an AGE-OLD VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM!

Well,you have taken a really big step in realising and stating that you have a betting addiction smiley

Asking the question here is a very important start that proves you are ready to do battle to win your addiction. Congratulations!

Deciding to stop doing something you enjoy can be challenging, there may be times when it feels impossible but remember lots of people have quit betting.

NEVER CHASE LOSSES :- Never ever try to cover up previous loss by betting again and again hoping to recover the previous loss. Betting in this way will make things even worse if you loose consecutively.
You don't need to do that because as long as you keep this mindset of chasing the shadows of your losses through the same scheme that has caused your depression, then there will be no light at the end of the tunnel. It will always be a vicious circle of more losses, regrets and frustration.

FIND OUT : Find out what triggers the habit and get rid of friends that cause you to bet. Only you know what these triggers are.
[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by money121(m): 12:56am On Jun 11, 2022
JOLLOFman:
Olorun Awa pelu E
But God that let me stop betting back then 2007 will surely intervene in your Life
Stop betting it Ruin Life

2 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by JOLLOFman(m): 1:06am On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=bastardmod post=113685767]

So sorry to read this. Please see someone, a professional
Thanks bro, but what kind of professional can I see? My debt profile is humongous and I keep dropping my hard earned money in the hope of offsetting them at once. I have realised the harder one tries, the deeper one's struggles. I am determined to end it.
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by JOLLOFman(m): 1:08am On Jun 11, 2022
Amazing insight, thanks bro. I wish to lead thousands of youths in such cages out but i must be a success story myself
PoliteActivist:
This is an AGE-OLD VERY SERIOUS PROBLEM!

Well,you have taken a really big step in realising and stating that you have a betting addiction smiley

Asking the question here is a very important start that proves you are ready to do battle to win your addiction. Congratulations!

Deciding to stop doing something you enjoy can be challenging, there may be times when it feels impossible but remember lots of people have quit betting.

NEVER CHASE LOSSES :- Never ever try to cover up previous loss by betting again and again hoping to recover the previous loss. Betting in this way will make things even worse if you loose consecutively.
You don't need to do that because as long as you keep this mindset of chasing the shadows of your losses through the same scheme that has caused your depression, then there will be no light at the end of the tunnel. It will always be a vicious circle of more losses, regrets and frustration.

FIND OUT : Find out what triggers the habit and get rid of friends that cause you to bet. Only you know what these triggers are.

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by JOLLOFman(m): 1:16am On Jun 11, 2022
That it's possible is motivating. I keep my heads up. In my case thou, I have creditors on my door step threatening fire and brimstone.
I had always promised and failed for obvious reasons. Now, it's time to painstakingly take back my peace. It's definitely going to cost me a year. Lord help me!
money121:

Olorun Awa pelu E
But God that let me stop betting back then 2007 will surely intervene in your Life
Stop betting it Ruin Life
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by onez: 2:42am On Jun 11, 2022
Please count all your loses as loses. Move on and don't look back. Thank me in 2 years time

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by PoliteActivist: 3:12am On Jun 11, 2022
JOLLOFman:
Amazing insight, thanks bro. I wish to lead thousands of youths in such cages out but i must be a success story myself

Uwc.

Here's what someone wrote;:

Gambling has totally ruined me and by gambling i mean live tennis to be precise. From 2013 when i opened my first account on till date, i have lost about 3 million naira which is the difference between how much i have won in all the years compared to how much i have played with.

At several points in time, i close my accounts with the website but I end up opening another after a few weeks and still continue to lose money despite the emotional and financial burden it costs.

I used to think my excuse was that i didn't have enough and i believed this for quite some time but this year changed all that as despite coming into the new year with over 500,000 in debt, I had just gotten a job that will pay a six figure salary for the duration of my service and this will have helped offset the debt in 7 to 8 months with some prudent spending but right now there's virtually no loan app I don't owe money and continuous gambling has now ensured i owe more than double that amount including debts owed to friends and family with no hope of being able to repay in the near future.

I need people to please help me me with practical ways to stop gambling as I have tried many things but always end up back there and I fear my bankruptcy as it is might not be the worst case for me if things continue. I am mostly rational and aware of the detriment this brings but for some reason I can't explain the urge and the need to continue gambling.

Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

He also wrote this:

I tried the activity option. I bury myself with work and even when I actually have nothing to do, i get work from others and help them do it but it only ever lasts for some days. Other times, i download a lot of TV series do as to stay offline and be busy as much possible but it ends up with the same result.
My worst fear is that maybe some part of me actually enjoys losing the money, I say this because i fund my betting account in tranches of 2000 naira and on occasions where the first bet is lost, I keep on funding to recover the lost bet and can end up losing over 70k in the space of the 3 days.

1 Like

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by PoliteActivist: 3:22am On Jun 11, 2022
Below is something I posted for which the bot banned me:

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by PoliteActivist: 3:24am On Jun 11, 2022
Here's last of it

3 Likes

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by JOLLOFman(m): 6:29am On Jun 11, 2022
Thanks a lot. I basically have my mind made up already. I have been partly off it for 3months now. Crazy but I stake with little amounts like 100naira or max 500naira per ticket in order to somehow win big and offset ALL of my debt cos that's my major desperation right now. I don't dream of recovering my personal wealth anymore. My debt profile is a little above 180thousand naira. These are monies from friends and families, loan apps. I live alone and earn 25thousand naira as a teacher. I seek forgiveness and help but none could I find.
onez:
Please count all your loses as loses. Move on and don't look back. Thank me in 2 years time
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by Oladimeji122(m): 7:06am On Jun 11, 2022
[quote author=JOLLOFman post=113685591]Please help! I'm loosing myself!
I've got a fighting spirit(strong head) coupled with an analytical mind that makes me understand why I lost a ticket! That's why. In addition,the near hits, the losses, and the little winnings( the back and forth) and the ecstasy of it all has kept me hoping for a very heavy rainfall in the Sahara for more than a decade. For 12years, gambling has done the worst it could do to a talented young person like me. This I beleive, is quite revealing considering the reach of this platform. I really want to put out a public statement and declare my resignation from this dragon head burning down every meaningful relationship i had and replacing them
Thats why yoruba call harm tete the thing do nothing less than harm maybe na juju dem use still dont no

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by JOLLOFman(m): 7:15am On Jun 11, 2022
If you are in the practice, it's better to quit before it becomes addictive and seem too late. I must rise bro! I must. I'm physically, emotionally, financially and educationally defeated! No lie. This is the real " One blow, seven die!"[quote author=Oladimeji122 post=113688825][/quote]
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by Oladimeji122(m): 7:23am On Jun 11, 2022
JOLLOFman:
If you are in the practice, it's better to quit before it becomes addictive and seem too late. I must rise bro! I must. I'm physically, emotionally, financially and educationally defeated! No lie. This is the real " One blow, seven die!"
dem don harm you ni bro ?
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by blancsn1: 7:45am On Jun 11, 2022
Bet only with N100 if you can not stop. I don't know if you people no get sense or something else.

JOLLOFman:
Please help! I'm loosing myself!
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by maasoap(m): 8:32am On Jun 11, 2022
JOLLOFman:
Thanks a lot. I basically have my mind made up already. I have been partly off it for 3months now. Crazy but I stake with little amounts like 100naira or max 500naira per ticket in order to somehow win big and offset ALL of my debt cos that's my major desperation right now. I don't dream of recovering my personal wealth anymore. My debt profile is a little above 180thousand naira. These are monies from friends and families, loan apps. I live alone and earn 25thousand naira as a teacher. I seek forgiveness and help but none could I find.

And the moment you win enough to offset your debts, what do you think will come into your brain immediately? That you can recover your loss as well.
Why not try to get around your debts through other means? You can beg the people you owe and see if they have the capacity to write it off by telling them your problem and your resolution.
Some people are owing loan apps too but they are not into gambling, so they won't repay the loans through gambling. Why not think and act like them.
All these staking N100 today, N500 tomorrow shows that you haven't quit.
The day you realise that you can only sink deeper than the level you are right now is day you are going to quit.
Re: Why I Cannot Stop Betting ? by PoliteActivist: 9:12am On Jun 11, 2022
OP pay attention to the screenshot below.
Combine it with this:
when the craving comes, tell yourself you'll start gambling in 5 minutes.
You can fight anything for 5 minutes. You can stop anything for 5 minutes.. And you can do anything for 5 minutes.
That's the secret to life: 5 minutes!

(1) (Reply)

MHR Ilaje Edo 2023: Why Myson Adeyemi Nejo Is The Right Candidate / 5 Unknown Gunmen Killed In Ihiala By Vigilantes. / Tinubu's Hope Of Becoming President Is If The North Overlooks Atiku & Kwankwaso

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.