Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening (30836 Views)

Tunji-Ojo Orders Probe Of NIS Officials At Seme Border Over Misconduct / Nigerian Customs To Deploy Drones At Seme Border / Smuggling Booms At Nigeria, Niger Border, Despite Border Closure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 11, 2022
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by shevi4mb(m): 9:37am On Jun 11, 2022
The immigration and custom officers there are the most corrupt. They believe you should turn to a billionaire the moment you're posted to the border... corruption thrives there like a general norm with no shame. You'll only differentiate Immigration officers from the thugs only through the uniforms... same way of extorting money from passengers.

5 Likes

Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Oshodipikin: 9:40am On Jun 11, 2022
Northern borders nko

1 Like

Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by musicwriter(m): 9:41am On Jun 11, 2022
There was no time smugging wasn't booming at Seme border even during the time of the so called border closure. The only difference now is that it's open enough such that the journalist can see it.

2 Likes

Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 11, 2022
Interesting
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Thomthom(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2022
Abeg Mr journalist leave Security Agencies to do their job.. which one is smuggling is booming are you saying they should close the border again..
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Abimbola29(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2022
Most of this story is false,how can you smuggle in something when you have multiple police checkpoint.seeing is believing
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Connected1: 9:50am On Jun 11, 2022
Omoluabi16:
I once lived around that axis. Occasionally you'll be hearing gunshots early 'momo'. That border na smugglers Haven.
Hello can we talk on WhatsApp
I need directions to go to Seme Border/Badagry.

Like where to enter bus and all that.
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by NnamdiN: 9:50am On Jun 11, 2022
So what did buhari acheive with the closure?
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Hussein035: 9:51am On Jun 11, 2022
Islie:

https://punchng.com/smuggling-booms-at-seme-border-18-months-after-reopening/

They close boarders in SS, SE and SW to increase starvation but did not close boarders in north to increase gun importation for terrorist and bandits yet some people still want Atiku.

If anyone is praying for North to win this coming election to continue this rubbish they started you will die before the election

1 Like

Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by fotadmowmend(m): 9:51am On Jun 11, 2022
Islie:

https://punchng.com/smuggling-booms-at-seme-border-18-months-after-reopening/
Dem don start again ...... Media is the problem of the south .... Shey Dem no dey smuggle in d north ni
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Omoluabi16(m): 9:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Connected1:

Hello can we talk on WhatsApp
I need directions to go to Seme Border/Badagry.

Like where to enter bus and all that.
it's a simple straightforward route. Are you Lagos based?
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Connected1: 10:06am On Jun 11, 2022
Omoluabi16:
it's a simple straightforward route. Are you Lagos based?
No Delta State.

I have a someone there in Lagos but she's scared of going there to pick up goods.
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by ojiedave: 10:09am On Jun 11, 2022
Sharp Sharp... nawa o

Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by jojothaiv(m): 10:21am On Jun 11, 2022
AzuNas:
Alright. . . . . . . Aje

Na all d borders,Seme,Illela,Koko all na for smuggling.

Visa on arrival come make am cast.

Abeg
Koko too na border, it's like I'm learning new things about Nigeria everyday
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:41am On Jun 11, 2022
kollinz1234:
What is stopping Nigeria from building a wall to protect it's border??

China is over 50 times the size of Nigeria yet they have the great Wall of China

We are deceiving ourselves in this country
China is not over 50 times the size of Nigeria. No country on earth is over 20 times the size of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by ShenTeh(m): 10:48am On Jun 11, 2022
No, is this up to 18 months yet? I thought it was opened in April this year.

I doubt it.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/fg-re-opens-idiroko-three-other-additional-land-borders/
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by F117nighthawk: 10:58am On Jun 11, 2022
Rogue Country where crime fester both in government institutions, executive offices and amongst citizenry,corruption is should just be made the capital of Nigeria ��, better we legalize it and stop being hypocrites and keep fooling ourselves. We just saw what transpired at the primaries where the most corrupt in the system are voted to power, and one idiot somewhere will say he dey fight corruption, abeg make we hear word
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by ShenTeh(m): 11:06am On Jun 11, 2022
Sapiosexuality:
China is not over 50 times the size of Nigeria. No country on earth is over 20 times the size of Nigeria.

$3t budget and $30b budget na mate?
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by sonature1: 11:15am On Jun 11, 2022
Obi is coming!

A sane technocrat that will end all this madness.
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by treatise: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2022
And to God be the glory, we are achieving success in that regard. You will never see second-hand clothing in our domain because we don’t allow that; we have two approved checkpoints by the government.” is the above referring to supermarkets or open markets?
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by RepoMan007: 11:35am On Jun 11, 2022
If Journalists know of these breaches, then the custom men are guilty of sabotage. Journalist Intel cannot supercede that of trained agents with unmatched privileges.
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by AMI3(m): 11:36am On Jun 11, 2022
If there is anyway things can be cheap in this country it could have been better. The kind hungry way de for land too much
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by article1: 11:56am On Jun 11, 2022
It's obvious this OP doesn't want the repenting of the boarders. He's so sentimental in his narration.
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Epeegee(m): 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2022
dvan:
Good Afternoon Dear Nairalander. Please spare a few seconds to read my post, i beg you in the name of God please. It's (12.pm) now. This is a sincere appeal from the depth of my heart Please do not ignore. Things have not been easy for me and my family since i lost my job, We have been drinking garri for days now. My kids are now looking so skinny and sick and they are crying all the time, i am so frustrated right now. I beg you in the name of God please help us, no matter how little to buy food and drinking water. We have been starving and cannot afford real food for days now. I am kneeling before you pleading to your kind heart , please help us with any amount' please. 08 0734 48 26 access . I pray as you extend a hand to us may you never lack anything in life.

please brothers and sisters I am still on my knees pleading, someone please help me.

Account created today,you dey ment
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by Quality20(m): 12:38pm On Jun 11, 2022
Yet d northern borders are closed and blocked, while the southern ones remain open to all manners of unlawful activities
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by DOM7: 12:46pm On Jun 11, 2022
That's the only thing that boost Nigerian economy, you can see!
Re: Smuggling Booms At Seme Border 18 Months After Reopening by oladunjoye77u: 12:51pm On Jun 11, 2022
Normal thingsNormal things...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Settling Our Differences With Igbos": What Yorubas Think, - A Rejoinder / Obasanjo Thanks Buhari For Awarding 22 Modular Refinery Operational Licences / Tinubu Is Fully-in-charge Of my Presidential Campaign - Buhari (FULL SPEECH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.