Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,292 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Our University Degree Is A Big Mess, What Your Opinon - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Our University Degree Is A Big Mess, What Your Opinon (787 Views)

I Wish Our University Hostels Are Like Dis / Oxford Dictionaries Adds ‘hot Mess,’ ‘side boob, ‘throw Shade And More To dictio / Secret And Dirty Decay In Our University Admission - Unijos 2012. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Our University Degree Is A Big Mess, What Your Opinon by evergie(m): 6:34pm On Aug 10, 2007
Its very bad the only thing thought in the university is just degree. Non or very few graduates know and understands the act of enterpreneur. I am 25yrs but never being in the four walls of an university class but im more successful than 90% of this university graduates. Not withstanding that i have 4 undergraduates and more than 8 secondary school students under my educational sponsorship. My question now is what is the need of going to this university if not to be successful? I run an IT company that is doing very well for the past 3 year now. So my argument is that this student should be thought how to use their head and not their worthless degree.

Post your comments or challenge. Just be honest to yourself even if is this once.
Re: Our University Degree Is A Big Mess, What Your Opinon by oasis231(m): 9:23am On Aug 11, 2007
I 30% agree with you but,

1. Our University Degrees are not useless

2. Our Graduates need to be taught enterprenureship skills

3. That you have some people under your training in higher institutions as you said, is a previalge, some thing to thank God for and not to be boosted about

4. University training is a means to develop and improve a person potentials and caapacity, what one makes out of it depends on him or her.

5. Our Nigerian economy, if our resources are properly channeled in the right direction, and the right enabling environment given to these "Jobless Graduates" roaming our streets, they would do better and our nation will climb to hieghts.

6. We all can put our heads and hands together and develop/improve our little conners the best way we can, share ideas that can be exploited for the best of it and reduce the mence of "Jobless Graduates" in our dear nation.

Regards.
Re: Our University Degree Is A Big Mess, What Your Opinon by evergie(m): 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2007
Im not in any way trying to boost about how much success i have achieve at 25yrs without an university degree, what im sayingis that its really of no use wasting four to five yrs in school plus the extra one yr in NYSC. See! let me tell you what you fail to understand, that you possess a degree in what so ever course is not written on your forehead niether is it written on your back or chest.
Search records and you will see that the world reknown programmers are not degree or any of this higher institution cert holder but banks spend billions of naira buying their softwares. Check the list of rich men in the world and see how many were rich from what them learnt from school, most were rich due to their enterpreneur instinct which they did not learn from the university.
If one should hope to make it in life with he/she learnt from school you will end being a slave to someone else.

I still think you are standing on the wrong side of the fence.

(1) (Reply)

. / Next Sat. When? / Uniben Post-de Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.