Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,646 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun (2089 Views)

Reverend Father Hyacinth Alia Wins Benue Guber Election / Catholic Priest, Hyacinth, Wins Benue APC Governorship Ticket / Abba Moro Wins Benue South Senate Seat, Replaces David Mark after 20 years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Antoeni(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2022
A Catholic Priest, Rev. Fr Hyacinth Iormem Alia, has won the governorship primary election rerun conducted by the All Progressives Congress, APC, in 12 Local Government Areas and 3 council wards in Buruku Local Government Area of Benue State.
Announcing the results on Thursday, 9th June, 2022 at the APC State secretariat in Makurdi, the Benue State capital, chairman of the rerun committee, Mr Joel Omajali, said a total number of 366,546 voters were registered, 292,930 accredited, a total of 270,353 votes were validly cast while Fr Alia polled 195,314 votes to come out victorious.

According to Omajali, Prof. Terhemba Shija scored 1,859, Terlumun Ikya scored 2,746, Bernard Yisa 338, Mathias Byuan1,4152, Sam Ode 21698, Godwin Ityoachimin 860, Barnabas Gemade 3,831, Michael Kaase Aondoakaa 3,517, Herman Iorwase Hembe 720, Terwase Orbunde 1,393, Steven lawani 23,925 and Ayom Mlanga, 0000.

The rerun was conducted in Ogbadibo, Ushongo, Konshisha, Oju, Apa, Kwande, Agatu, Ohimini, Ado, Obi, Okpokwu and Apa Local Government Areas.

Secretary of the Committee, Emma Maji, described the rerun election as free, fair and credible.

Shortly after the declaration of results, State Deputy Chairman of the party, Hon. Stephen Tsav, on behalf of the State Chairman, Comrade Austin Agada, presided over a congress that affirmed the outcome of the rerun gubernatorial primary election.

The Benue APC had conducted its governorship primary election on the 27th of May, 2022 with Alia as the winner. But some aspirants including Chief Barnabas Gemade, Chief Mike Aõndoakaa, Dr Mathias Byuan, Chief Stephen Lawani and Prof. Terhemba Shija wrote a petition to the National Working Committee of the party, calling for cancellation of the election, pointing out various electoral malpractices. Consequently, the NWC ordered for a rerun in 12 local governments which was accordingly held on the 8th and 9th June, 2022 and Alia maintained his landslide victory.

https://thenationonlineng.net/alia-wins-benue-apc-governorship-primary-rerun/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2FN2_j6vgUNdpBl2PWOS72mtybYc8mgWuqqYEavoK-bl3XfHr-78PkDlE#Echobox=1654940401

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Antoeni(m): 10:53am On Jun 11, 2022
You Can’t Break a Person Who Gets His Strength From God.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by datola: 10:53am On Jun 11, 2022
Reverend Father won it again.

Congratulations sir!

5 Likes

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Antoeni(m): 10:57am On Jun 11, 2022
If they do the election 10 times he will win... Father Alia overpowered those politicians in Benue state...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by triple996(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2022
Benua is under a heavy curse so they need a revrend father to save them grin

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by garfield1: 11:28am On Jun 11, 2022
Kyase,fergie001
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Kyase(m): 11:44am On Jun 11, 2022
garfield1:
Kyase,fergie001

That man can't be beaten grin
Steven lawani got more votes then Gemade and Aondaaka combine x2 grin
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by garfield1: 11:47am On Jun 11, 2022
Kyase:

That man can't be beaten grin
Steven lawani got more votes then Gemade and Aondaaka combine x2 grin

He will garner votes for tinubu.am happy with nwc decision

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 11:52am On Jun 11, 2022
It's done.
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Kenpaly(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2022
But remember that pdp win all the lga pool in benue state.

2 Likes

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2022
triple996:
Benua is under a heavy curse so they need a revrend father to save them grin
What's this one saying?
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Nobody: 11:59am On Jun 11, 2022
Antoeni:
If they do the election 10 times he will win... Father Alia overpowered those politicians in Benue state...
People have woken up ...it's no longer about party now it's about the person

Wish APC wins Benue , PDP wins osun , ekiti I don't know the candidate , wish APGA or labor wins Enugu , APC wins ebonyi , labour or APC wins abia ,
APC rivers , PDP Delta , APC cross rivers , PDP akwa Ibom , APC Lagos

Labour presidency

3 Likes

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by seunmsg(m): 12:02pm On Jun 11, 2022
Benue is a goal for APC already with Rev. Fr Alia on the ballot. With this development APC should clear Kogi, Kwara, Benue, Niger and Nasarawa state in north central. Plateau is the only state in NC that May go to PDP at the presidential election.
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by seunmsg(m): 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2022
Igbochief001:

Wish APC wins Benue , PDP wins osun , ekiti I don't know the candidate , wish APGA or labor wins Enugu , APC wins ebonyi , labour or APC wins abia ,

Labour presidency

APC will win Ekiti and Osun. There is absolutely no way we are losing those two states with Tinubu on the ballot.
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 12:04pm On Jun 11, 2022
seunmsg:
Benue is a goal for APC already with Rev. Fr Alia on the ballot. With this development APC should clear Kogi, Kwara, Benue, Niger and Nasarawa state in north central. Plateau is the only state in NC that May go to PDP at the presidential election.
Both Benue and Bauchi are already in the bag for Apc
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Igbochief001:

Labour presidency
Labour can only come 3rd or 4th. Take it to the bank. Obi is a regular politician. Nothing special about him. He was a Gov of Anambra state, nothing really changed in Anambra as we speak now
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by seunmsg(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

I doubt Bauch. Bala Mohammed will deliver the state to Atiku.

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by ORIENTATION101: 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

plus sokoto, the APC candidate tambuwal defeated with 300 votes has retain the APC gubernatorial ticket.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 12:08pm On Jun 11, 2022
seunmsg:

I doubt Bauch. Bala Mohammed will deliver the state to Atiku.
Take it to the bank. Bauchi is no go area to PDP now. The choice of Abubakar Sadiq has changed the whole scenario. Couple with the non performance of the PDP Gov. Bauchi is purely a civil servants state. And Mohammed as we speak , has not been doing well regards the workers welfare.
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

Labour can only come 3rd or 4th. Take it to the bank. Obi is a regular politician. Nothing special about him. He was a Gov of Anambra state, nothing really changed in Anambra as we speak now
So who should we vote na or who are you voting
Tell us someone better than Peter Obi
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 11, 2022
seunmsg:

APC will win Ekiti and Osun. There is absolutely no way we are losing those two states with Tinubu on the ballot.
I was not talking to party loyalists like you I am talking people who want the best for Nigeria ...run along please

3 Likes

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by seunmsg(m): 12:12pm On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

Take it to the bank. Bauchi is no go area to PDP now. The choice of Abubakar Sadiq has changed the whole scenario. Couple with the non performance of the PDP Gov. Bauchi is purely a civil servants state. And Mohammed as we speak , has not been doing well regards the workers welfare.

Great then. Dogara is also very influential in the state so let’s see how it goes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2022
Igbochief001:

So who should we vote na or who are you voting
Tell us someone better than Peter Obi
Asiwaju is goal. Lagos is the template.
The difference is clear. Both Asiwaju and Obi were Govs. Compare and contrast, Lagos with Anambra as we speak

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by seunmsg(m): 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2022
Igbochief001:

I was not talking to party loyalists like you I am talking people who want the best for Nigeria ...run along please

It doesn’t matter who you’re taking to. What’s important is for me to tell you what’s obtainable and nothing else. If you don’t like it, go choke on your spittle.

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 11, 2022
seunmsg:

It doesn’t matter who you’re taking to. What’s important is for me to tell you what’s obtainable and nothing else. If you don’t like it, go choke on your spittle.
Ominiknowyet we greet you ...I only told you what I wanted it wish can happen ... please move over

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by vicdom(m): 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
garfield1:
Kyase,fergie001
When I told you Alia is going to rule Benue come 2023, you thought I was joking. This time around, PDP will be disgraced out of that office. Catholics constitute majority, and they are determined through Alia to get to the government house coupled with non performance of Samuel Otorm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

Asiwaju is goal. Lagos is the template.
The difference is clear. Both Asiwaju and Obi were Govs. Compare and contrast, Lagos with Anambra as we speak
Lol ...tell me again how did a mere Mobil auditor become as rich as tinubu again ?
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by vicdom(m): 12:23pm On Jun 11, 2022
seunmsg:
You are very funny. So you think APC will win Benue with Muslim Muslim ticket?? You people don't understand the religious sensitiveness of Benue state. I can assure you that if apc tries Muslim Muslim ticket, they will struggle seriously in NC as a whole. Only Niger and Kwara they may win. But you see Governorship 2023, it's for Alia
That guy will floor PDP in that election.

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 12:24pm On Jun 11, 2022
Igbochief001:

Lol ...tell me again how did a mere Mobil auditor become as rich as tinubu again ?
Until you are able to compare Awka with Ikeja, until you are able to compare Onitsha with Lagos Island. Until you are able to compare Ihiala with VGc. Until you are able to compare Nnewi with Lekki. Until you are able to campare Agulu with Maryland. You and Obi remain jokes
Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Afamed: 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Igbochief001:

Until you are able to show me the Anambra Atlantic city, modern Nnewi free trade zone and capital development. Red and Blue line rail track at Ekwulobia.
You and Obi remain local champions

1 Like

Re: Alia Wins Benue APC Governorship Primary Rerun by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 11, 2022
Afamed:

Until you are able to compare Awka with Ikeja, until you are able to compare Onitsha with Lagos Island. Until you are able to compare Ihiala with VGc. Until you are able to compare Nnewi with Lekki. Until you are able to campare Agulu with Maryland. You and Obi remain jokes
All those places have been big long before tinubu became governor

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

2023: Why We Have Chosen To Endorse The Obi/datti Ticket-babachir Reveals / Between Pastor Paul Adefarasin And Pastor Paul Enenche On Nigerian Election / Plane Crashland In Abuja Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport (pic,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.