Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,163 members, 7,825,637 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 07:33 PM

How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under (654 Views)

What Genre Is Trending(2022 Edition) / What Genre Of Music Put You In The Right Mood? / How Much Does It Cost To Record A Song In A Studio? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under by wis3(m): 11:21pm On Jun 11, 2022
How can I identify whether a song is POP, R'NB, HIP-HOP and the rest. Vv
Re: How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under by Nostring: 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
wis3:
How can I identify whether a song is POP, R'NB, HIP-HOP and the rest. Vv
alot of things determines genre of a song ,.....e.g arrangements, instruments used,vocal type, the tempo , even the way the song is mixed , overall the vibe...
The easiest way is to download bunch of pop songs listen thoroughly for a week, then following week move to hip-hop, rnb , afro e.t.c , your brain would figure the genres with ease with time... The keypoint is getting familiar with the elements of a particular genre, so evn when 2 or more genres are merged, it will be easy for u to figure it out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under by wis3(m): 8:05pm On Jun 12, 2022
Nostring:
alot of things determines genre of a song ,.....e.g arrangements, instruments used,vocal type, the tempo , even the way the song is mixed , overall the vibe...
The easiest way is to download bunch of pop songs listen thoroughly for a week, then following week move to hip-hop, rnb , afro e.t.c , your brain would figure the genres with ease with time... The keypoint is getting familiar with the elements of a particular genre, so evn when 2 or more genres are merged, it will be easy for u to figure it out.
I have a hard time identify whether a song is RnB, Soul, Blues,,, there's just so many similarities. Some song make it seem like it's a mixture of all genres in one song.
Re: How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under by Nostring: 10:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
wis3:
I have a hard time identify whether a song is RnB, Soul, Blues,,, there's just so many similarities. Some song make it seem like it's a mixture of all genres in one song.
lol yea , but for just Listeners ,all you have to do is check the song info, most times the genre is always included... But if you're into music production then you need to study music theory, things like
1 how drum patterns are programmed for each genres

2 scales, different genres make use of different scales e.g minor, major , chromatic, lydian e.t.c from those, scales like blues scales was birth , pentatonic used mainly in pop, EDM e.t.c

3 instruments selection... e.g Blues makes use of live drums (acoustic) 99% of the time, while electronic drums mostly work for Rnb in most cases, soul makes use of those church choir kind of vocal samples.... R n b and jazz makes use of those sexy sax sounds.. e. T. C

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under by bmdmix10: 7:58am On Jun 13, 2022
Got a track n u need it mixed n mastered?
I got u pm.
BMDMIX

Re: How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under by NzubechiPeru: 2:16pm On Jun 15, 2022
Nostring:
MI have read online that before one can be able to write a sweet song that one needs to learn a musical instruments like the piano or guitar.is this true??
Re: How Can I Identify What Genre A Song Falls Under by Nostring: 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2022
NzubechiPeru:

MI have read online that before one can be able to write a sweet song that one needs to learn a musical instruments like the piano or guitar.is this true??
not true, your voice is also an instrument..but having piano ,guitar or any other melodic instrument to guide u Through song writing process is always a plus one, it makes the process more easier..

(1) (Reply)

Hire Professional Skaters To Share Flyers, Paste Stickers In Lagos, Nigeria / Saxophone Tutor Needed / Briteny's Brouhaha!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.