Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,660 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:34 PM

RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors (29484 Views)

Over 40 Vehicles Recovered From Former Governor, Matawalle – Zamfara Government / Zamfara Government Shuts Down 4 Media Houses For Covering PDP Rally / Zamfara Government Reacts To Turbaning Of Ado Aleru (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by SugarGirl44(f): 11:30am On Jun 12, 2022
temitope27:
who told you that OMAA motors is own by a Yoruba man

I didn't say that.
It is owned by an Igbo man.
Pls read my question well and answer me.

1 Like

Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by Cognitivereason: 11:35am On Jun 12, 2022
Reference:

Is this cheaper than PMS/AGO with all the complaints we hear about the soaring price of gas and its availability.
How many stations across the country dispense into vehicles.... dang, how are the vehicles fueled in the first place.

Few interested.... only rolling in the familiar cesspits of racism.

weather it is cheaper or not isnt the argument here..
what i am saying is the source of power isnt diesel or petrol

plus u really shouldnt conclude on the cost...u dont know the distance a kg of LPG can take u compared to a litre of AGO/PMS
secondly ..the not as if the zamfara government purchased it yesterday..they must have made orders or planned to make orders months or even beyound a year ago where gas prices were still very cheap compared to the story of today
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by Ebubu: 11:37am On Jun 12, 2022
Delly4real:
I think so. Gas is now 900 per kg
from frying pan to fire. from fuel of 160 naira or thereabout to adding gas. isonu. their transport fare will be beyond this world
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by Segxydube: 11:53am On Jun 12, 2022
FunkyAlhaji2015:
This is beautiful. I hope they are more durable than Innoson motors that have a lifespan of 6 months.

If u dnt knw something u ask... Innoson motor dey last wella. I knw of a innoson hilux wey don use 7yrs and still counting

1 Like

Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by Cantonese: 12:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
FunkyAlhaji2015:
This is beautiful. I hope they are more durable than Innoson motors that have a lifespan of 6 months.

You never buy bicycle tire before, not to talk of keke Marwa or Okada. You no fit talk of car
wey you no know when you go ever see money buy. Where you see mouth to talk of Innoson motors when you no even know how to drive car. By the way as you no sabi drive car, how you go fit talk of the durability?

With you eyes like frog eyes there.

1 Like

Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by temitope27(m): 1:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
SugarGirl44:

I didn't say that.
It is owned by an Igbo man.
Pls read my question well and answer me.
so y u come dey vex for me
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by CalmElder(m): 2:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
redcliff:
This is another Igbo owned business. Until Nigeria realizes that with an Igbo man at the helm of affairs, Nigeria may never become a producing economy. Look at what a tribe is able to achieve in the face of marginalization, little support from the government and hate from other tribes.

... and a northern based body, and a government from there displayed enough confidence in them to patronize their product.
I am in support of an Igbo presidency too but una too talk.

Igbos suck at politics.
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by shotuns: 3:52pm On Jun 12, 2022
Well, at least will serve a purpose. Yutong New Energy is a car manufacturer in Zhengzhou. China.
What OMA does is just assembling the parts. Gas powered cars and buses ad very much on the road on daily bases.
Kudos to the management of OMA for bringing in an opportunity.
here for more info about Yutong New Energy
https://en.yutong.com
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by aklion: 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2022
I dunno we have another company that assemble cars aside innoson motors. That's welcoming. Competition go they. Atlease price fit come down. Make average person too follow get motor. Which kind thing sef...
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by Wwwq: 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2022
Ok
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by omoiyamayor(m): 4:28pm On Jun 12, 2022
9jaRealist:

These cars are locally-assembled, hence “made in Nigeria”…
Virtually every car plant assembles some (or all) parts made elsewhere.

>
Yutong is not a product of Nigéria, innoson is.
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by redcliff: 7:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
CalmElder:

... and a northern based body, and a government from there displayed enough confidence in them to patronize their product.
I am in support of an Igbo presidency too but una too talk.

Igbos suck at politics.

If you are in support then no talk is too much until it happens. periodt!
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by Lightorder: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
FunkyAlhaji2015:
when you hear a genetically poverty-stricken gutter rat speak, you will just stare
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by Legendforte: 9:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
pat077:
at least they are cleaning it in-house, better than importing for the same amount. The fact that u have not heard of the coy, doesn't mean it does not exit. No be only innoson dey assemble car for Nigeria.
Innoson does not assemble, though he source 30% of component from japan, china and germany. Do ur research well.
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by tunchi014(m): 9:33pm On Jun 12, 2022
[quote author=omoiyamayor post=113719987]Yutong is not made in Nigeria, maybe the plant where they assemble is own by a Nigerian [/quote..... Yutong has an existing plant in naija.
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by 9jaRealist: 9:43pm On Jun 12, 2022
omoiyamayor:

Yutong is not a product of Nigéria, innoson is.

It’s all the same…
Eg, Innoson’ s IVM G80 is essentially the Chinese BIAC’s BJ80.

The real utility of domestic car assembly, apart from the immediate plant jobs (and savings on imports, if any) is that it acts as a catalyst to spur local ancillary industries. For example, in a previous (probably lower-tech) era, Nigerian car plants reportedly sourced up to 40% of their components locally - tyres, rims, batteries, windshields, bumpers, car seats, dashboards, etc.

The automobile industry is just that - an INDUSTRY! That means a viable local auto industry would necessarily require a host of several different sub-sectors along the entire VALUE CHAIN! Accordingly, what ideally should be happening is that local businesses would position themselves to supply components to these plants.

>

2 Likes

Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by obaaderemi: 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
9jaRealist:

It’s all the same…

The real utility of domestic car assembly, apart from the immediate plant jobs (and savings on imports, if any) is that it acts as a catalyst to spur local ancillary industries. For example, in a previous (probably lower-tech) era, Nigerian car plants reportedly sourced up to 40% of their components locally - tyres, rims, batteries, windshields, bumpers, car seats, dashboards, etc.

The automobile industry is just that - an INDUSTRY! That means a viable local auto industry would necessarily require a host of several different sub-sectors along the entire VALUE CHAIN! Accordingly, what ideally should be happening is that local businesses would position themselves to supply components to these plants.

>
So, in a nutshell what we are celebrating here is just another assembly plant with no inputs from Nigeria as far as manufacturing goes?

1 Like

Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by AlphaTaikun: 1:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by AlphaTaikun: 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2022
9jaRealist:

It’s all the same…

>
True that!

The internationally acclaimed and certified Proforce Defence Industries military-grade MRAP, APC vehicles and armored boats (which are produced by the Iperu-Remo, Ogun State-based company owned by the U.S.-trained Engineer Adetokunbo Ogundeyin), are even more Nigerian than those embarassing China copycat cars being blatantly hyped off as made-in-Nigeria cars by Innoson.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RTEAN, Zamfara Government Buy 2,522 Made-In-Nigeria Buses From OMAA Motors by p4pako: 2:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
This one is meant to use CNG(compressed natural gas) which is way cheaper than your cooking gas.

Delly4real:
I think so. Gas is now 900 per kg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My 7 hours Experience In A Filling Station Today (pics) / Jonathan’s Govt Provoked Soldiers Into Mutiny —buhari / Gunmen Attack Emir Of Kano's Convoy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.