Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,130 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Discover The Power Of One-on-one Tutoring - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Discover The Power Of One-on-one Tutoring (233 Views)

IELTS One On One Tutoring In Abuja / You Don't Have The Power To Remove VC - ASUU Tells Governor Fayemi / Online Tutoring What Do You Think? Free Sessions By Kalvie.com For Your Feedback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Discover The Power Of One-on-one Tutoring by ifeanyibenjy1(m): 8:31am On Jun 12, 2022
I studied the English Language as a major course of study at University. I taught English and Literature-in-English at high schools for over 12 years, rising to the position of a principal. During that period, I had the opportunity to prepare students for their internal and external English exams. As principal, I had the rare opportunity to check other teachers' lesson plans and supervise their actual Lesson delivery.

Well, that's not even the focus of the story.

I had a boy in my SS1 English class who seemed to be so dull that one could mistake him for a real dullard. His name is Michael (not his real name). His JSS3 result was so bad that he narrowly escaped repeating the class. The general belief among other teachers and Michael's classmates was that Michael was naturally dull, but they all got it wrong. Absolutely wrong!

Being his English teacher and principal, I called Michael to my office and instructed him to tell one of his parents to come and see me. When his mother walked into my office the next day, I told her about the problem I had observed and insisted that we must find a solution to it so that Michael would be able to pass his senior school certificate exams that he was going to sit for in SS3.

Michael's mother shook her head, and lamented that she didn't know what to do next since she had shouted her brains out but Michael wouldn't change. I told her that she didn't have to shout; all that was needed was to get someone to always explain more clearly to Michael what was discussed in class.

She agreed, and we arranged for a teacher to start giving Michael extra lessons privately.

At the end of that term, Michael moved from the 32nd to the 12th position in a class of 34 students. It became clear to us that those few hours of one-on-one lessons every day were working a great transformation in the boy's academic life. That private-lesson arrangement was, therefore, sustained throughout his remaining period at school.

By the time he got to SS 3 he had moved to the 3rd position, and eventually got 2 A's, 3 B's and 3 C's in the senior school certificate examination. The most interesting aspect of his performance was the A in English, a subject in which he had gotten the worst scores throughout his school life prior to that private-lesson intervention.

The moral of this true-life story is obvious, isn't it? Michael succeeded because, instead of continuing to shout at him, watching him fail again and again, and concluding that he would never change, his parents paid someone who kept teaching him step-by-step until he became a shining star.

That’s the power of one-on-one tutoring! This was Michael's experience, but it could be anyone else's. And with today's digital technology, you don't even need to send your children and wards to a physical tutorial house after school. You can give them the same benefits of 1-on-1 tutoring right in the safety and security of your home.

Like Michael, your kids who seem to be finding their academic work extremely difficult can be given that 1-on-1 tutoring boost even without stress. It's not enough for you to send your children to school and expect them to do well in their studies and become successful in life. You must give them the motivation and the necessary support.

Like Michael's mother, you must stop shouting your brains out, thinking that your child is incurably stubborn, watching him fail again and again, and concluding that he is destined to fail academically.

According to research, the majority of children do better in their academic work with the assistance of 1-on-1 tutoring. They tend to achieve a greater level of understanding and confidence when someone explains to them more clearly the same topics that they couldn't fully understand in class. It’s not just because those topics are hurriedly taught in class (to give way to other subjects on the school time-table); there are a lot of distractions from noisemakers in the class or out there in the school premises.

English Classes Online is here to fill this gap right in the safety and security of your home!

When I quit my offline teaching job, I founded English Classes Online in order to help more caring parents like you fill that gap in the lives of their struggling children who, like Michael, are struggling academically and need a 1-on-1 tutor for their transformation.

English Classes Online can work with your children, as well as adults, to give them the linguistic tools they need at any level of their academic career.

Apart from teaching them more clearly the topics in their regular scheme of work, and assisting with homework, we also prepare them to pass their internal and external English exams, including the JSCE/BECE, WASSCE, NECO/SSCE, NABTEB/SSCE, JAMB/UTME, Post UTME, IELTS, Duolingo English Test, TOEFL, TEFL, and so forth.

Having studied English Language as a major course of study at University…

Having taught English Language and Literature-in-English for over 12 years at both Junior and Senior Schools…

Having written and published English books and workbooks that are being used in various schools…

And having obtained the Teaching English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) Certificate with a distinction...

We know what works for you and your children, and we have the capacity to achieve the desired results!

If your child is performing poorly in English Language, and you're looking for someone to provide that 1-on-1 tutoring boost, simply Call/WhatsApp us at: +2348032456990 or +2347017217779.

If you're planning to study abroad, you can join our IELTS Training Course by clicking on the following::
https://benjamin-abugu.aweb.page/p/a8f90704-001c-4776-89d8-81fc0ed76ba4

Or our Duolingo English Training Course (the best IELTS alternative): https://benjamin-abugu.aweb.page/p/eb271698-9be9-40c5-9d53-35bcb2343117

Benjamin Abugu

(1) (Reply)

Great Physicists In The House, Help / Vacancy For Academic Researcher / Security Courses Melbourne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.