Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company (628 Views)

Jumia Nigeria’s Black Friday Sales Continues / Jumia Nigeria Unveils Black Friday Mega Sales / Jumia Nigeria Forcing Its Staff To Carry Out Blood Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Olubunmi002: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2022
I don't know if anyone has had this kind of horrible experience with Jumia Nigeria. I bought a dispenser on June 4, 2022 and they stated that they will deliver on June 7, 2022. Up till now June 12, 2022, they have not delivered. One cannot speak with any customer care as all you get is a useless Bot that runs you round and refers you to their app.

I eventually chatted with them to cancel and they said I will have to wait till the delivery person calls and then initiate the cancellation which will take another 3- 7 days!!!

This is why we are not progressing as a country. How do you collect my almost N90,000 and not deliver on your part and have the gall to tell me that I have to wait till I am contacted by a so-called delivery person when it is your company that knows the delivery person? So If the delivery person does not contact me for a month, I am on my own!!!!

See the extract of the chat with their customer care person below!!!

Chat started at 2:20 PM
• Hello Bunmi I am Jumia ROBOT, your virtual assistant. I'm here to help.
• Please select by clicking:
ROBOT
• I have another issue
• Any other query?
ROBOT
• I want to chat with an agent
• Should I try to connect you with a customer service agent?
ROBOT
• Yes, would love to!
• Chat started with Omobosola F
• O
Hi bunmi, My name is Omobosola. How can I help you today?
Omobosola F
• Please cancel my order and refund my money
• Why is your company holding my money?
• O
Good afternoon Bunmi.
Omobosola F
2:21 PM
• I bought a water dispenser which was to be delivered since tuesday. You have not delivered it.
• i no longer want it. so return my money
• We apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused.
2:22 PM
• O
Kindly provide your order number while I run a check.
Omobosola F
• I really don't care. Just refund my money
2:23 PM
• O
Please hold.
Omobosola F
2:24 PM
• yes
2:26 PM
• We apologize for this.
• Unfortunately, I will be unable to cancel your order as it has been shipped.
2:27 PM
• O
Kindly inform the delivery associate of your wish to cancel when contacted for delivery.
Omobosola F
• I DO NOT WANT
• I BOUGHT FROM THE STORE ALREADY.
• SHIPPED TO WHERE? YOU USE ONE WEEK TO SHIP WITHIN LAGOS?
• Please refund my money before I go all out for your company on every social media platform i can lay my hands on.
2:29 PM
• We apologize for this.
• Cos it looks like you want to trend abi!
• Once the delivery agent gives you a call as regards delivery, you can inform him of your wish to cancel.
• It would be cancelled from our end.
2:30 PM
• A refund would be processed.
• So you want to hold my money at your convenience?
• O
The refund takes 3-7 business days for it to reflect in your bank account.
Omobosola F
• I should wait for a delivery agent that you have his or her number?
• it's like you are looking for court case abi?
• you want to pay damages right?
• 'Your company will get what it wants very soon. Just wait.
• i have you time now.
Choose one of the following options
Enter Message

@moderators please help push to frontpage. We have a very poor customer service orientation in this country.

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by yanabasee(m): 2:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
I experienced something similar.... If you're patient, you will get it. that's jumia for you.
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Mariangeles(f): 2:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
You're just too emotional! Calm down!
Just exercise some patience and they'll deliver.
They might be experiencing some technical hitch, who knows?
Just so you know, you're not supposed to count weekends.
They don't deliver on weekends, so it's just been 3days delay so far.

I bought both my electric and gas oven from there, and they were delivered in perfect condition.
And NO! They're not useless!

1 Like

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by uniqueboi1(m): 2:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
All these useless Nigerian companies.
Please take them to court. Use jumia as a scapegoat for konga and especially that obeezi. They are all the same.
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Olubunmi002: 3:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
Please do not patronize Jumia. They will not deliver your products and they will hold on to your money. Online purchase in Nigeria is a scam!!!
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Olubunmi002: 3:06pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
Just so you know, you're not supposed to count weekends. They don't deliver on weekends, so it's just been 3days delay so far.

I bought both my electric and gas oven from there, and they were delivered in perfect condition.

The information when I bought was they will deliver on Tuesday, June 7. Today is June 12 and it has been a merry go round with trying to contact them. Such cannot happen with companies like Amazon, Ebay and the likes. if they operated that way, they would not be the great companies they are today.

We should not make excuses for incompetence. That's why Nigeria is the way it is now. if they said it would take a week to deliver, then I would have driven to any shopping mall to buy the dispenser.
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
just wait a bit ( i have been using jumia for a while now yet no issue
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Olubunmi002:
Please do not patronize Jumia. They will not deliver your products and they will hold on to your money. Online purchase in Nigeria is a scam!!!
it is to you cus you belive in f2f deal
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Olubunmi002: 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Scamupdates:
it is to you cus you belive in f2f deal

It is not about believing in face to face deal. If I believed in face to face deals, I will never have bought it online in the first place. I would have gone to a mall to buy. We should not make excuses for poor service. That's why people do anyhow in this country because they believe nothing will happen.

Airlines reschedule flights or cancel them outrightly because they believe nothing will happen. Nigeria that should be the hub of air travel in Africa doesn't have any airline or airport that operates to standard!!

Same thing for useless companies like Jumia
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Olubunmi002: 3:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
@moderators help push to frontpage please.
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Munzy14(m): 4:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:
Just so you know, you're not supposed to count weekends.
They don't deliver on weekends, so it's just been 3days delay so far.

Lol...Na where person money dey, he/she dey fight pass.. grin grin

How is that your Oven?

Hope it is bringing returns?
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Mariangeles(f): 4:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
Munzy14:

Lol...Na where person money dey, he/she dey fight pass.. grin grin

How is that your Oven?

Hope it is bringing returns?

It's working perfectly.

As it should. cheesy
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Greatzeus(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2022
I used Jumia a lot. I will say recently my online shopping will be 80% jumia and 20% konga.
I prefer Konga because I have better shopping experience compare to Jumia,but since I moved to my new place,I haven't used Kong's because their nearest pick up location is very far while Jumia is very close.
To be fair to Jumia I have had great shopping experiences except for few occasions.
Like May 18, I ordered a powerbank for someone on the Island, while I stay in mainland. I used express delivery and paid immediately so the person can receive it the next day. I told the person the pick up location I choose close to her where she will collect it. She was very excited.
May 19 came nothing from jumia,then came 20th,21st nothing. Only for Jumia to send me a text and email on Sunday may 22nd that my order has been returned because I refuse to pick it up.
I was like wtf undecided I was angry and disappointed, especially because of the person I had promised to receive it within a day or two.
Anyway I chatted them on Sunday,Robot said no personal on duty since it's weekend,so I chatted them on Monday again. The agent spoke well and promised me my money will be refunded. And it was refunded within 2 days.
Had to order again to my location this time and sent it to the person.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Munzy14(m): 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2022
Mariangeles:

It's working perfectly.

As it should. cheesy
That's very good..
Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Olubunmi002: 8:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
Greatzeus:
I used Jumia a lot. I will say recently my online shopping will be 80% jumia and 20% konga.
I prefer Konga because I have better shopping experience compare to Jumia,but since I moved to my new place,I haven't used Kong's because their nearest pick up location is very far while Jumia is very close.
To be fair to Jumia I have had great shopping experiences except for few occasions.
Like May 18, I ordered a powerbank for someone on the Island, while I stay in mainland. I used express delivery and paid immediately so the person can receive it the next day. I told the person the pick up location I choose close to her where she will collect it. She was very excited.
May 19 came nothing from jumia,then came 20th,21st nothing. Only for Jumia to send me a text and email on Sunday may 22nd that my order has been returned because I refuse to pick it up.
I was like wtf undecided I was angry and disappointed, especially because of the person I had promised to receive it within a day or two.
Anyway I chatted them on Sunday,Robot said no personal on duty since it's weekend,so I chatted them on Monday again. The agent spoke well and promised me my money will be refunded. And it was refunded within 2 days.
Had to order again to my location this time and sent it to the person.

I buy online a lot also. Never had a good experience with this Jumia. This is my second time of buying from them. The first thing I bought, a modem was useless and they refused to change it. I don't know what made me patronize them again.

I should have stayed with Konga or just gone to buy from a mall. I buy from Amazon and they deliver even before indicated dates. Not this type of useless company that arrogantly refuse to deliver my products and say I should wait till whenever the so-called person contacts me while they are sitting on my money.

I even buy from individuals I don't know online and have never had this type of horrible service.

1 Like

Re: Jumia Nigeria Is A Useless Company by Superlady2(f): 12:16pm On Jul 07, 2022
I just had a bad experience with Konga. I ordered an alarm clock online & after much delay, I finally got a call from the rider.

When he got to me, I requested for the item to be opened for me to see before I pay but the rider insisted that I must pay for the item before I’m allowed to see it.

I declined because when I held the product, it was smaller & lighter than what I expected. I also didn’t want to open the product after paying & discover it wasn’t like what I saw on the website.

They need to work on this aspect though.

(1) (Reply)

Katsina Utd Vs Remo Stars: Controversy As 2 Minutes Added Time After Full Time T / How To Create Instagram Account With Out Been Blocked / RT200 Policy Attracts More Exporters Into Formal Sector – CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.