Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:13 AM

Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware (1333 Views)

Help Pro JS Programmers, I'm Losing My Mind. / How To Upload Files To Firebase Cloud Storage Using Javascript / Am Here To Help You Solve Final Yr Project's On Computer Science Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Kinzeyfranks(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hello guys,

Please I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC.
Been battling with since three-four days ago.

After I visited the linuxcommand.org page I was prompted to install some files which I thought was part of the learning materials. I never knew it was an eegf ransomware. Now, I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC. It has encrypted all my files and has appended .eegf extension to all of them.

It was followed with messages known as _readme.txt.
The .txt file contains two email addresses namely; support@bestyourmail.ch and supportsys@airmail.cc. and threats that I should pay them without further delay to get my files back.

How do I get rid of it and get my files back/de-encrypted?

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by niel63(m): 5:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
Start planning on writing or actually writing a new project. It is called a ransomeware for a reason. Unless you have a backup, you've been hit hard bro!

Sorry about that. Always use Google doc for your documents... e get why!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by donsheddy1(m): 6:09pm On Jun 12, 2022
You’re not at the verge of loosing your final year project. You just lost it all.

I used to use some text editor to fix those years back but today, I no get their power abeg.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by lordm(m): 7:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
Pay the money or it's gone. It's about $980

1 Like

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Nwaotu10(m): 9:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
It's gone, bro. If you've the money, pay them.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by saxwizard(m): 10:45am On Jun 13, 2022
99% of the time, even if you pay, it doesn't guarantee that you will get your files back.

Format your system and start afresh.

don't pay any money

Kinzeyfranks:
Hello guys,

Please I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC.

After I visited the linuxcommand.org page I was prompted to install some files which I thought was part of the learning materials. I never knew it was an eegf ransomware. Now, I have a serious ransomware attack on my PC. It has encrypted all my files and has appended .eegf extension to all of them.

It was followed with messages known as _readme.txt.
The .txt file contains two email addresses namely; support@bestyourmail.ch and supportsys@airmail.cc. and threats that I should pay them without further delay to get my files back.

How do I get rid of it and get my files back/de-encrypted?
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Ahmback(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
baba i can imagine your pains........damn
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Iambro(m): 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
When you're finally free from this
Kindly stat using Linux �
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by airsaylongcome: 4:08pm On Jun 13, 2022
Iambro:

Why? Is Linux safe from virus?
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by mcameo: 5:30am On Jun 14, 2022
Sorry about that, I had the similar ransonware attack a year black, I was able to get 60% of my file back, it attack my 1tb external drive was able to get most of my files back, I had to run two programs, 1. To isolate the attack, 2. To take back my permission of my files. Although it depends on the type of brand of attack, would check and send update. There is is still some hope.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Contekbbc: 6:32am On Jun 14, 2022
He got the said VIRUS from the same LINUX environment.

Iambro:
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Iambro(m): 7:23am On Jun 14, 2022
Contekbbc:
He got the said VIRUS from the same LINUX environment.

That's not Linux bro. As you can see that's windows
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by digitalman: 10:14am On Jun 14, 2022
I will try and help you

Mostly these ransomware are hard to find solutions.

It encrypted your files with a random hash key. They kept the hashkey to themselves and can use it to decrypt the files with the same algorithm used to encrypt them.

So unless the unique hashkey is found it's almost impossible to decrypt your file.

Now. There's some few solutions.

I will need 2 files from you.

If you have any backup of just one file that is encrypted in your system, send me the original backup file plus the encrypted version.

For example, let's say you have a picture in your phone which you saved also in your computer. Surely the computer version has been encrypted but the picture is still intact in your phone.
So you now send me both files. The good picture in your phone and the encrypted one on your PC.

What I will do is two fold.

1: I will find the algorithm used to encrypt your files. Normally the ransomware tries to hide the algorithm by changing the extension of the encrypted file but luckily they're mostly same Ransomware Encryption is used on different extensions.
2: Armed with the knowledge of the algorithm used to encrypt your files, I will run both files you send me through my reverse key generator resources to get the original Encryption key used in encrypting your files.
This may take some time. A day or two.

Once I regenerate the original unique key used to encrypt your files, I will pass the key to the decryption algorithm of the same encryption tool and recover all your subsequent files.

If the 2 fold steps works and I am armed with your encryption key, my payment would be N1,000,000 only to give you the keys and the decryption tools.

If you dont want the decryption tool but want me to decrypt all your files for you, the fees will be N250,000 only.

I hope the process is clear. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer.

Cheers mate.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Contekbbc: 11:23am On Jun 14, 2022
Okay

Iambro:

That's not Linux bro. As you can see that's windows
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Xedmark: 11:46am On Jun 14, 2022
Sincerely, I can't help myself but laugh cos I've seen this post since yesterday. OP Those telling you that there's are way out just want to run themselves on trial and error. I've developed quite a number of virus and and scripts acting as virus. If you don't know This is another form of Yahoo where people lock and attack other people's device or machine in exchange for money. Another way to feed right? Now this is my Judgement on this, I would have offer to help but the distance is not just to your advantage. Therefore forget the files or chat me up I will send some python script to use. You will access this script from windows command prompt as Admin then the actions can be reversed (Decrypted). Don't let anyone tell you He/She can use any method to decrypt what has been hash. There are so many encryption that has one way encryption algorithm They are called Symmetric Algorithm. Take bitcoin as example and don't be scammed. Also, If you have something like "152tyuei3i93994994dhdji"as an encryption in ransomware and the original words are " I am a Big Boy" the Virus Encrytion works like this way "i" is encrypted by MD5hash, "am" crypted by Cryptography "a" is crypted by Tripple DES "Big" is crypted by RSA "Boy is crypted by RC5

You can see it's Dead END.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Arrayman: 1:01pm On Jun 14, 2022
Why didn't u back up your project files?
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Deicide: 2:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Xedmark:
" is encrypted by MD5hash, "am" crypted by Cryptography "a" is crypted by Tripple DES "Big" is crypted by RSA "Boy is crypted by RC5

You can see it's Dead END.
md5hash seriously?
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by airsaylongcome: 2:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
digitalman:
I will try and help you

Mostly these ransomware are hard to find solutions.

It encrypted your files with a random hash key. They kept the hashkey to themselves and can use it to decrypt the files with the same algorithm used to encrypt them.

So unless the unique hashkey is found it's almost impossible to decrypt your file.

Now. There's some few solutions.

I will need 2 files from you.

If you have any backup of just one file that is encrypted in your system, send me the original backup file plus the encrypted version.

For example, let's say you have a picture in your phone which you saved also in your computer. Surely the computer version has been encrypted but the picture is still intact in your phone.
So you now send me both files. The good picture in your phone and the encrypted one on your PC.

What I will do is two fold.

1: I will find the algorithm used to encrypt your files. Normally the ransomware tries to hide the algorithm by changing the extension of the encrypted file but luckily they're mostly same Ransomware Encryption is used on different extensions.
2: Armed with the knowledge of the algorithm used to encrypt your files, I will run both files you send me through my reverse key generator resources to get the original Encryption key used in encrypting your files.
This may take some time. A day or two.

Once I regenerate the original unique key used to encrypt your files, I will pass the key to the decryption algorithm of the same encryption tool and recover all your subsequent files.

If the 2 fold steps works and I am armed with your encryption key, my payment would be N1,000,000 only to give you the keys and the decryption tools.

If you dont want the decryption tool but want me to decrypt all your files for you, the fees will be N250,000 only.

I hope the process is clear. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer.

Cheers mate.

Lol! Just say you want to show off. Person dey write final year project you dey ask for ₦1m. If he had a million he won't have gone to funny places on the net. He would have bought whatever he needed.

Plus with this your modus operandi, you go tey before you go brute force the encryption algorithm. Too damned many unscientific assumptions
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by airsaylongcome: 2:56pm On Jun 14, 2022
God! Too many nonsense written here in attempts to sound like hackers. Good Lord. Someone says Symmetric Encryption aka Private Key encryption is a one way encryption!

1 Like

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by digitalman: 3:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Just say you want to show off. Person dey write final year project you dey ask for ₦1m. If he had a million he won't have gone to funny places on the net. He would have bought whatever he needed.

Plus with this your modus operandi, you go tey before you go brute force the encryption algorithm. Too damned many unscientific assumptions

I have used a lot of "ifs".

So it may not work.

I have not made any assumptions.

Research the method I listed which I would use and find that it's the easiest way to have a chance at decryption of ransomware.

There's a lot of these methods online which you can verify.

At least I have given a hint which a other persons can use and try recover precious files.

As for my cost. It doesn't matter.

What matters is that with the methods of recovery it's possible for any determined person to do the same thing.

Notice that it's not 100% guaranteed.

The success depends on a lot of factors.

I sent this post as an educational post.

Thanks.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by airsaylongcome: 3:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
digitalman:

I have used a lot of "ifs".

So it may not work.

I have not made any assumptions.

Research the method I listed which I would use and find that it's the easiest way to have a chance at decryption of ransomware.

There's a lot of these methods online which you can verify.

At least I have given a hint which a other persons can use and try recover precious files.

As for my cost. It doesn't matter.

What matters is that with the methods of recovery it's possible for any determined person to do the same thing.

Notice that it's not 100% guaranteed.

The success depends on a lot of factors.

I sent this post as an educational post.

Thanks.

Okay so here's the low down on security (and any problem generally); given infinite time and infinite resources ANY problem can be solved. But you never have infinite time or resources. You are planning to brute force an encryption algorithm that you don't know anything about, and you want to do that on consumer grade hardware, starting with a known file that you aren't sure exactly matches the encrypted file. Too many damned variables and unknowns. Yes if you were a Government agency with bleeding edge computing you may stand a chance. Even the Feds in the US with formidable resources still have to go to Apple or WhatsApp when they want to brute force their way. And you want to attempt something similar without knowing the algorithm. I wish you luck.

And I pray the OP is able to start his project afresh and finish it in good time. I'm off to back up my Udemy downloads to Google Drive before I hear say dem shoot bird, bird mama fly

1 Like

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Xedmark: 3:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
This forum is renamed to comedianLand. Symmetric is now A.K. A Private Key ? Which one is known as PRIVATE KEY? Symmetric or Asymmetric? Chai!! Son, I know your types are good customer on google and Youtube go back and check.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Xedmark: 3:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Deicide:
md5hash seriously?
Eyaaah........ U don't know what we call message-digest algorithm?
I'm sure prospectives developers in making can see all these, When U post your desire to learn programming online and you see deformed fetus still in the womb pleading and competing for projects they will never be able to do in the next 15years. ComedianLanders I hail ooo.
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by airsaylongcome: 4:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
Xedmark:
This forum is renamed to comedianLand. Symmetric is now A.K. A Private Key ? Which one is known as PRIVATE KEY? Symmetric or Asymmetric? Chai!! Son, I know your types are good customer on google and Youtube go back and check.

You should shut the f*ck up when you don't know a thing about encryption.

A symmetric encryption is a Private Key encryption. A single private or secret key is used as the key input during encryption and decryption. An Asymmetric Encryption also called a Public Key encryption uses two keys, a private key to encrypt the payload and a public key to decrypt it.

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by digitalman: 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Okay so here's the low down on security (and any problem generally); given infinite time and infinite resources ANY problem can be solved. But you never have infinite time or resources. You are planning to brute force an encryption algorithm that you don't know anything about, and you want to do that on consumer grade hardware, starting with a known file that you aren't sure exactly matches the encrypted file. Too many damned variables and unknowns. Yes if you were a Government agency with bleeding edge computing you may stand a chance. Even the Feds in the US with formidable resources still have to go to Apple or WhatsApp when they want to brute force their way. And you want to attempt something similar without knowing the algorithm. I wish you luck.

And I pray the OP is able to start his project afresh and finish it in good time. I'm off to back up my Udemy downloads to Google Drive before I hear say dem shoot bird, bird mama fly
You said a lot of things but let me put you in order.

Theres a lot of free software that can be used to find the key and they run in any PC.

It doesn't take much time to get the keys as long as you supply the original file and the encrypted file.

Is there anything I wrote that you didn't understand?

Note: I'm happy you admit that it's not an easy job per see hence you can see why my quoted price is high.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by airsaylongcome: 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
digitalman:

You said a lot of things but let me put you in order.

Theres a lot of free software that can be used to find the key and they run in any PC.

It doesn't take much time to get the keys as long as you supply the original file and the encrypted file.

Is there anything I wrote that you didn't understand?

Note: I'm happy you admit that it's not an easy job per see hence you can see why my quoted price is high.

Okay. Let everyone (myself included) remain and excel with their limited knowledge

A brute force attack on a 256-bit key AES algorithm is taking 9.63×10^52 years to brute force. That is billions of years! And this is for a simpler Symmetric Key encryption running on a super computer o. Not consumer grade developer laptop with 8-16gb RAM and heavily limited processor. We haven't thought to discuss brute forcing a Public Key algorithm that is inherently more difficult.

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by Xedmark: 4:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

You should shut the f*ck up when you don't know a thing about encryption.

A symmetric encryption is a Private Key encryption. A single private or secret key is used as the key input during encryption and decryption. An Asymmetric Encryption also called a Public Key encryption uses two keys, a private key to encrypt the payload and a public key to decrypt it.

U went to exactly where I sent u."Google boy" Now search for Asymmetric encryption. You will never be worthy of the time. A Google search u got the from a website of an intern. Show me the logic behind Private key or try to write one let's do some practical here. Waste of time!!
Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by airsaylongcome: 4:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Xedmark:

U went to exactly where I sent u."Google boys" Now search for Asymmetric encryption. This You will never be worthy of the time.

Lol! Was I supposed to pull out proof from my arsw against the nonsense you are saying, that a Symmetric Encryption is a one way encryption? Cryptography was one of my favourite courses when I studied computing in school in the early 2000s. Yes I am a dinosaur. So AES, DES, Blowfish, RC4, 5 and 6 are one way encryption? All of these being Symmetric Encryption algorithms? Step aside man. I'm not about to be schooled about encryption algorithms by you. Naaaah.

Oh and "Google boys"? F*ck that man. I wear it with pride. Every IT/Tech bro (or sis) is a "Google boy". And I am not talking from just googling. My University Final year project was about building and testing a Symbian app that enabled you send secure SMS using a binary payload. SMS are inherently insecure and are stored in plaintext at the SMSC making them susceptible to MITM attacks from a malicious insider.

See pic below for Public Key aka Asymmetric Encryption

Re: Please Help: I'm At The Verge Of Losing My Final Yr Project Files To Ransomware by digitalman: 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Okay. Let everyone (myself included) remain and excel with their limited knowledge

A brute force attack on a 256-bit key AES algorithm is taking 9.63×10^52 years to brute force. That is billions of years! And this is for a simpler Symmetric Key encryption running on a super computer o. Not consumer grade developer laptop with 8-16gb RAM and heavily limited processor. We haven't thought to discuss brute forcing a Public Key algorithm that is inherently more difficult.

O DEAR ME. Why Wikipedia?

This is my area and where I have been working for over 15 years and I have given you a hint that there are some even free software that can do this in short time as long as you supply the original files and the encrypted file.

If you dont supply both files, then you talk about brute-force and taking too much time.

If you read my original post you will see where I said that "SOME" of these Ransomeware are the same but they hide their "type" by changing the file type. So IF by examination, the ransomeware is one of the "types" that has Decryption Solution, then the Decryption Software can do it.

Abeg Whatelse do you want me to say?

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Best Software To Develop Multiple Choice EXAM Question / One Bedroom Flat: An Indian Software Engineer's Life / With Books, Learn C++, C#, CSS, HTML, Java, SQL & XML In 21 Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.