Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,669 members, 7,955,439 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:50 AM

Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS (16482 Views)

Imo Attack: IGP Adamu Arrives Owerri, Security Beefed Up / Security Beefed Up At Enugu Boundaries Over Almajiri Influx / Buhari Vs Atiku: Security Beefed Up At Appeal Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by mariovito(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
First of, other than boko haram, most of those other security challenges he mentioned are not even within the jurisdiction of the army, they're police duties, but then, nigeria is a peculiar country.

Next, except in a full scale war situation, I think it's inappropriate to ship off newly graduated baby soldiers to go face off already experienced bht.

For maximum effectiveness, new recruits should serve in lesser roles for some time to build up experience before shipping them off to the harder nuts. If not, we'll just keep recruiting and sending them off to bht for dinner.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by pacespot(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
How many of the recruits are southerners and northerners?

3 Likes

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by MichaelSokoto(m): 6:12pm On Jun 12, 2022
prince4pro2:
When r they recruiting graduates?
u wan go die 4 nothin?

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by rayvelez(m): 6:17pm On Jun 12, 2022
I’m 100 percent sure 1000 repentants boko haram are among the 5800.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by naijaking1: 6:18pm On Jun 12, 2022
seunayantokun:
Who are the new recruits?

They are mostly Fulanis recruited using Buhari's new formula of using LGA, knowing that Kano alone was allocated more LGAs than the whole SE.

1 Like

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by samx4real(m): 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hope they have not recruited more ex bokoharam soldiers?

Na there handiwork be that oh

1 Like

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by atheistandproud(m): 6:19pm On Jun 12, 2022
Rubbish Native West African frontier force

No mention me if you no know history. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by seunayantokun(m): 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
naijaking1:

They are mostly Fulanis recruited using Buhari's new formula of using LGA, knowing that Kano alone was allocated more LGAs than the whole SE.
Yeah. Recruited by them and for them.

1 Like

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Juanmike(m): 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2022
There is enough Cassava, yam, Abgedu etc to go around.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by mariovito(m): 6:23pm On Jun 12, 2022
Very correct.

That's what metamorphosed into the present day Nigerian army.

It was the members of the WA frontier force which was made up of mainly 7 Hausa/Fulani that was used by the british to attack and conquer Lagos.

atheistandproud:
Rubbish Native West African frontier force

No mention me if you no know history. Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by atheistandproud(m): 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2022
mariovito:
Very correct.

That's what metamorphosed into the present day Nigerian army.

It was the members of the WA frontier force which was made up of mainly 7 Hausa/Fulani that was used by the british to attack and conquer Lagos.

As well as the Ekumekwu wars against the Anioma of Delta State.

That is why Northerners consider the Army as their personal fiefdom. These things have roots in history that the average southerners refuse to understand.

1 Like

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Ecos(m): 6:25pm On Jun 12, 2022
Nonsense
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Toktee(m): 6:30pm On Jun 12, 2022
Judolisco:
Army that you'll send to fight Boko Haram ..only to release d same Boko Haram members arrested that they've repented .....I understand that majority of Northerners share the same view with Boko Haram members as seen when Deborah was killed in sokoto d chief imam of Abuja was even talking about redline or something...but at least negotiate a cease fire before releasing terrorist back into d society...I pity people wey dey join army sha
Exactly..i am even surprised that people are still signing up to army..

1 Like

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by IamANigerianMan: 6:36pm On Jun 12, 2022
Agsh
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Hassanmaye(m): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2022
NotBeenPaid:

Propaganda.
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2022
It's great to extend active labour force. Also, the equipment and machinery should not be excluded because that's what we need most.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by IamANigerianMan: 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2022
If there is Job in CBN, NDIC, NNPC, DSS etc , the applicant must have 20years of working experience when it comes to die , they the send new recruit
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by mariovito(m): 6:46pm On Jun 12, 2022
Woah....

So those Hausa seven were part of the British contingents that fought the Ekumeku war? Never knew this. This information has created a new mindset in me. I'm from Delta, Ika precisely, grew up in Igbuzo and Asaba, presently living in Abuja.

Ekumeku has been a part of my history and reality, there's a round about here in Asaba called Ekumeku roundabout, it used have a sculpture of my people fighting and subduing some europeans, after a while, the government took it down under the pretext that it was scaring white investors from coming to the state. Although the sculpture has been redone albeit without the Europeans in the previous one.

The Hausa Fulani have always been our problem, can't wait for the day we'll finally and completely be free from them. Southerners need a lot of history classes man.

atheistandproud:

As well as the Ekumekwu wars against the Anioma of Delta State.

That is why Northerners consider the Army as their personal fiefdom. These things have roots in history that the average southerners refuse to understand.

1 Like

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Valkrie: 6:48pm On Jun 12, 2022
Another sheeps to the slaughter...!!
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Winning123: 6:50pm On Jun 12, 2022
Idiot. He is a misfit because he is not your tribesman.

MyVILLAGEpeople:
See the misfits heading our security agencies. And you wonder why the country is in a mess.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by tnerro1(m): 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2022
They should also focus on cutting edge technology. They should sit and watch Ukraine Russian war, that’s how future wars will be fought. Not gathering some abokiis and giving them AK47 and you think you have an Army.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Philipsdael(m): 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2022
lEndMoj:
We need 50 million youths to join army

They will be fed with cassava, Àgbado'

And our security problem is over

grin
That Old man is seriously blank upstairs grin
I pity APC cos this will be the beginning of their downfall.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by LaconicINC: 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2022
You mean over 5000 sheep headed for slaughter ani
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by atheistandproud(m): 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
mariovito:
Woah....

So those Hausa seven were part of the British contingents that fought the Ekumeku war? Never knew this. This information has created a new mindset in me. I'm from Delta, Ika precisely, grew up in Igbuzo and Asaba, presently living in Abuja.

Ekumeku has been a part of my history and reality, there's a round about here in Asaba called Ekumeku roundabout, it used have a sculpture of my people fighting and subduing some europeans, after a while, the government took it down under the pretext that it was scaring white investors from coming to the state. Although the sculpture has been redone albeit without the Europeans in the previous one.

The Hausa Fulani have always been our problem, can't wait for the day we'll finally and completely be free from them. Southerners need a lot of history classes man.

The WAFF was stationed in Lokoja. When the Agbor and Issele-Uku soundly beat the British in 2 separate battles as well as beheading two British commanders, Crowe and Chapman....

They leveled whole communities in an act of revenge. I have strong reason to believe that the British still hates Southern Nigeria to this day.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Ifeanyifra20: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2022
Hdgdg

Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by EfonAlaaye2023(m): 7:10pm On Jun 12, 2022
Tinubu govt will checkmate the errors in military settings, he did it in Lagos, he will do it in Nigeria

all those Ipob doing like mad men will respect themselves
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by rollywise(m): 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Is this our problem? And you give them what weapons? Bastards! Nigerian armed forces is a mockery of itself when compared to other nations. I just dey laugh
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 12, 2022
Na lack of jobs make those young boys join the army.
Let the politicians bring each of their children and enlist them into the army recruitment.
Re: Army Strength Beefed-up With 5,800 New Recruits, Says COAS by Bluffly: 7:14pm On Jun 12, 2022
How can they just post new recruits to war front. Tgey should allow them more training other than their recruitment training.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano, Kaduna, Lagos Top PVC Collection List –INEC / Buhari Misled To Approve $469m For Fighter Jets Without NASS Backing - The Cable / We Don’t Have Money To Dash Out, Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.