Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:36 AM

I Wanna Be A Programmer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Wanna Be A Programmer (1632 Views)

Do You Wanna Be A Programmer? Start Here! / Which Phone Will You Recommend For A Programmer? / So You Wanna Be A Programmer! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wanna Be A Programmer by dandagreat(m): 7:43pm On Aug 10, 2007
hi guys i want to be a softare programer.so i will lik to know tins dat i wil need like software,tutorials.pls reply
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Cactus(m): 10:43pm On Aug 10, 2007
you want to be a software programmer and you dont know how to spell. Your biggest challege will be

syntax error
undefined variable.

eh eh eh
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Seun(m): 11:00pm On Aug 10, 2007
Start here: www.python.org
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Afam(m): 10:04am On Aug 11, 2007
Cactus:

you want to be a software programmer and you don't know how to spell. Your biggest challege will be

syntax error
undefined variable.

eh eh eh

And these errors are enough to make you abandon programming if you are not the patient, calm and meticulous type.

Excellent response.
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by simplyme3(f): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2007
go on the internet my love.
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by dandagreat(m): 8:16am On Aug 12, 2007
thanks 4 all ur replies.i really appreciate them.
@ afam
spelling is not my problem.

thanks anyway
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by gbadex1(m): 4:12pm On Aug 13, 2007
yo, where can i download free e-books on php and mySQL? will appreciate it if someone can help me out here,
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Seun(m): 8:02pm On Aug 13, 2007
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by gbadex1(m): 2:16pm On Aug 14, 2007
thanks man
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by gbadex1(m): 2:27pm On Aug 14, 2007
umm Seun, please where can i get those in pdf format? i don't have much time on the net these days except on my mobile and i need to work offline? i need those in pdf, thanks.
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Banderas(m): 2:29pm On Aug 14, 2007
Seun, out of curiousity, why python? I hate that language. I'll rather use perl, or even normal shell scripting with sql for development over python.

Okay, that was an exageration, but I'm simply not quite a python person. C++, perl and sql perhaps. Java, absolutely.
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Seun(m): 5:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
Python is easy to use. I prefer to spend my time thinking about my programs rather then fighting the compiler. wink
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Banderas(m): 5:24pm On Aug 14, 2007
Hmm, very true. I guess it all depends on the scope of your programming. I sometimes tend to write code that's really busy yet crucial, so I need the ability to use my code to allocateb and reference certain resources in certain way in order to maximise throughput, so C++ works for me.

But mate, when I get bugs, they can indeed be frustrating. It's the trade off,
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by binkabir(m): 1:43pm On Aug 15, 2007
if i will advice you, you can try python programming. it's well to do but you have to be patient.
you will be building softwares like music converts, pictures editor softwares and all you can think of
visit www.python.com
Re: I Wanna Be A Programmer by Krirkjung(m): 9:04am On Aug 22, 2007
start from
http://www.w3schools.com/

and then you should read a lot programming books.

(1) (Reply)

Help, A Python Just Attacked Me / If There Is A Piece Of Code You'd Hang On Your Wall, What Would It Be? / How To Check Your Account Balance And Make Deposit Using Java

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.