Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,131 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:01 AM

What Speaks Better Than Numbers Really, my Insights ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Speaks Better Than Numbers Really, my Insights ? (199 Views)

Namtira Bwala: Bullied Lead British School Student Speaks (Video) / If You Know Prime Numbers You Should Be Able To Solve This Shape (Photo) / JAMB Staff’s Housemaid, The “Snake Girl” Accused Of Swallowing N36m Speaks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Speaks Better Than Numbers Really, my Insights ? by NettyNelly(m): 10:31pm On Jun 12, 2022
What Numbers Huh ?
I mean GDP numbers Lol wink

Okay ASUU strike really gave me enough time to work on some Data Analysis projects I'd always wanted to do.

Here, I wanted to show the insights I found from the Data Analysis I did with world GDP data.
My Analysis is based on the most recent (1960-2020) GDP Data available at World Bank.

My Process :
1. Downloaded the Data from world bank.
2. Cleaned up and transform the Data.
3. Went through thought processes and noting down possible insights I could get from the data.
4. Built wireframes for the dashboard while noting the best ways to visualize those insights I wanted to show.
5. Went to work building each formula in modules, which when combined would derived an insight from the Data set.
6. Used the best visuals (Eg. Card visual, Area chart and Column chart) to visualize these insights.

That said,
Here are the insights I showed on my dashboard :
1. Highest GDP recorded : Each country has recorded in the past it's highest GDP (which possibly might not be a recent GDP report) in one year since 1960. Eg Nigeria recorded it's highest GDP in 2014.

2. CAGR : CAGR means Compounded Annual Growth Rate. Here I chose to calculate CAGR from the past decade (2010) which Is more representative measure of the country's economic health.

3. Peak GDP Growth : shows the highest GDP growth recorded by each of the selected country.

4. % of World total : measures the country's % contribution to the World GDP based on the last GDP recorded (2020 GDP).

All shown with a card visual, because each is a single concise value.

5: GDP history : I showed this with an area chart since it shows the historical trend in GDP value of the observed nation.

6. Last 10 years Growth : here I used a column chart to show the Year on Year GDP change for the past 10 years. I removed the Data labels from the chart to just give a general view of Year on Year change since this same information can be found on the right side of "Past 10 years GDP" table, and also to avoid clogged up numbers on the chart.

7. Past 10 years GDP : I used a table visual to show an overview of past 10 years GDP record and the annual change.

I Only Showed dashboard for the 2 biggest economy in the world: US, China and of course i can't leave out Nigeria.

Data source :
https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NY.GDP.MKTP.CD

Re: What Speaks Better Than Numbers Really, my Insights ? by NettyNelly(m): 10:58pm On Jun 12, 2022
Some of the Unique observations from my Analysis :

1. Nigeria's GDP history has been a bumpy ride all through (with it's chart history looking like a Korean mountain grin) compared to that of US or china that went on a smooth trajectory. I think this is a reflection of political instability.

Re: What Speaks Better Than Numbers Really, my Insights ? by NettyNelly(m): 10:59pm On Jun 12, 2022
2. Since 2010 China has experienced rapid Economic growth compared to US, with the clear evidence of 10.29% CAGR compared to 3.81% CAGR US recorded.

Re: What Speaks Better Than Numbers Really, my Insights ? by NettyNelly(m): 11:00pm On Jun 12, 2022
3. China is the only country among the 3 that didn't experience negative GDP change in 2020 (didn't COVID-19 affect them as well?. Chinese Government had good management of the COVID).

Re: What Speaks Better Than Numbers Really, my Insights ? by NettyNelly(m): 11:01pm On Jun 12, 2022
4. Nigerian hasn't been able to beat it's highest GDP of $547bn recorded in 2014.

@Fynestboi, @Richiez, @olawalebabs would be nice if this can get to FP.

(1) (Reply)

Novena University, Ogume 2022/2023 UTME Admission Form Is Out Call 08135160398 / Business Opportunity That Will Generate From $300 To $5000 Monthly For You. / Ocpotech Harmattan Semester Time Table Nd 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.