Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again (35523 Views)

Tinubu’s Move To End Wike, Fubara Rift Has Collapsed – APC / The National Electricity Grid Has Experienced A System Collapse. / TCH: Nigeria's Power Grid Has Collapsed 108 Times Since Privatisation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by blowjohn(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2022
tuoyoojo:
National grid needs drip , mixed with amstel malt and Peak milick

Nice rhyming.

Grid, drip, milk.

Nice rhyming.
Drop more

1 Like

Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Prince111111: 7:11am On Jun 13, 2022
Angelfrost:

Nope... That's why Peter Obi emerged as the best option for every sane Nigerian.
Peter Obi ko Peter Obilo ni

1 Like

Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by naturefellow(m): 7:11am On Jun 13, 2022
AAZZZZZZ:
So Tinubu has that right?
I come off as BATified to you?
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Correct05: 7:13am On Jun 13, 2022
Before collapse self Na 2mins electricity light I get for 10days.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by loswhite(m): 7:14am On Jun 13, 2022
PresidObi:
We need a good manager of resources to manage our country and the power sector, we need a good economist who will genuinely invest in the power sector with honesty and transparency.

The national grid will never collapse again if Peter Obi is the president.

Vote Peter Obi for president.
Stories.
Has obi told us how he will fixed the power issues?
I mean we need detail analysis not i will generate 25 megawatts of energy.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by loswhite(m): 7:15am On Jun 13, 2022
sotall:
Buhari is a disaster
Add Jonathan to it because he did the privatization. How can you sell power to ppl that cannot even distribute metre

1 Like

Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by akanbiaa(m): 7:17am On Jun 13, 2022
damoobaba:
National grid has fainted again O.

https://leadership.ng/just-in-nationwide-blackout-as-national-grid-collapses/
This news would not have bothered anyone, if all Nigerians were given prepaid meter. But without prepaid meters you will still pay heavily for the lack of electricity and they will disconnect you if you do not pay their imaginary high figures and go away with your cables and still continue billing you during the period you were disconnected.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by thisisit: 7:17am On Jun 13, 2022
FASHOLA, TINUBU AND BUHARI SHOULD BE HELD LIABLE
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by mickyeddi(m): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2022
Everything about this country is so depressing.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by loswhite(m): 7:18am On Jun 13, 2022
Maxymilliano:

This is 17 time within this year alone and we are still in June.

Imagine what the situation will be like before the end of the year and this! same evil party that can not sustained ordinary power sector reforms is here promising steady electricity supply if voted in once again

APC is not responsible for our power problems alone....PDP did privatization under Goodluck Jonathan some ppls Hero...lol. He sold power to ppl that cannot distribute metres....How can such unseriouse ppl distribute Electricity.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by oyeb15: 7:19am On Jun 13, 2022
Obasanjo stole Nepa billions of dollars while in office. The loan was meant to revive d sector.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Ijoba85: 7:19am On Jun 13, 2022
Oya o, let's wait and see...I don't know the Messiah you guys have in mind then..Good luck to you
Aystarz:

Enough of this wailing abeg. Lagos is not the whole of Nigeria. Quit bringing your urchin beer parlour gists here about some phantom 247 electricity your lord was going to give Lagos that didn't come to light.

We're tired of it, cant you see? If you like claim that he woke the dead back in 1999, he still won't be President.
Oniyeye gbogbo!
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by mickyeddi(m): 7:19am On Jun 13, 2022
I can't wait for this cursed nation to divide, let everyone go their own way.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by jrusky(m): 7:20am On Jun 13, 2022
Pls can free us with everytine nation grid go unconscious abeg?

2023 is not too far it will an erupted jubilation when his fuc-king a s s will be send packing from our Aso Rock and never again shall we see or hear any Buhari in Aso Rock even his generation unborn will never smell that seat again.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by akanbiaa(m): 7:20am On Jun 13, 2022
loswhite:
Add Jonathan to it because he did the privatization. How can you sell power to ppl that cannot even distribute metre
Is not that they cannot distribute meter but they don't want to for they keep getting a lot of money by billing Nigerians for darkness due to the fact that they do estimated billing and bill people even when electricity is disconnected but if they give everyone meter they will stop getting huge amounts of money and only get little from the ones that bought prepaid card and used the little electricity distributed.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by yusluvad(m): 7:21am On Jun 13, 2022
sotall:
Buhari is a disaster
Total disaster...
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Ijoba85: 7:22am On Jun 13, 2022
Perceptions differ o, u go vote your own and I vote my own too, if you like call it palm wine joint gist , e no concern me
arantess:

What kind of beer parlor gist is this
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by bentenny(m): 7:23am On Jun 13, 2022
Ijoba85:
Tinubu ....He tried to bring a company that would supply 24/7 electricity in Lagos one certain year but PDP blocked the move...Atiku is a major shareholder in Mikano , he can never make power stable because that would affect his gains in mikano
This narrative is wrong!
The reason why that move was blocked was solely because there is a law in the constitution that prevents states government or private companies from providing electricity for their state because power generation, transmission and distribution is on the exclusive list!
Only the federal government has the authority to generate,transmit and distribute electricity to Nigeria either individually or through a private company!
If anyone is nursing the idea of having a private or public power system,the constitution mandates that such company must first supply to the national grid!

If tinubu was serious about floating the 24/7 power supply in Lagos,all he had to do was meet his proteges 'the senate president lawan and speaker and lobby for the alteration of that electricity law in the constitution!

1 Like

Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Ijoba85: 7:24am On Jun 13, 2022
Wetin una get against the man ...Is it that he's old or what , what other thing abeg [ quote author=Angelfrost post=113750038]

Atiku and Tinubu are in the same WhatsApp group!

You are doing a very poor PR job for Tinubu! I recommend your sack! grin[/quote]
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Ijoba85: 7:25am On Jun 13, 2022
Which work you carry give me ...that's my opinion guygquote author=AAZZZZZZ post=113749986]He tried but someone blocked Anyways, you are only doing your work[/quote]
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by TallyYSA(m): 7:26am On Jun 13, 2022
@presidObi

"The national grid will never collapse again if Peter Obi is the president."

I know your heart is in the right place but I doubt this thing wey u talk oh..

First off Obi is not God

It's gonna take time before he'll be able to have a grip on national issues to a point where he'll start getting things right if his confrontation is apt, also hence why 4yrs is not usually enough.

You think the likes of APC and PDP won't do everything in their power to discredit his style of government?
They will frustrate his government with anarchy beyond what we are seeing now except if his first move is to have a grip on his security chiefs loyal to him and to country.
By all means necessary will they destabilise every fixing he'll want to achieve..
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by damkin24(m): 7:30am On Jun 13, 2022
But what is responsible for this serial collapse of the national grid?
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Ijoba85: 7:30am On Jun 13, 2022
Thanks buddy..I love your contribution to the narrative..but don't you think this law is doing a great harm for the country than good...May God help us o
bentenny:

This narrative is wrong!
The reason why that move was blocked was solely because there is a law in the constitution that prevents states government or private companies from providing electricity for their state because power generation, transmission and distribution is on the exclusive list!
Only the federal government has the authority to generate,transmit and distribute electricity to Nigeria either individually or through a private company!
If anyone is nursing the idea of having a private or public power system,the constitution mandates that such company must first supply to the national grid!

If tinubu was serious about floating the 24/7 power supply in Lagos,all he had to do was meet his proteges 'the senate president lawan and speaker and lobby for the alteration of that electricity law in the constitution!
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Angelfrost(m): 7:30am On Jun 13, 2022
Ijoba85:
Wetin una get against the man ...Is it that he's old or what , what other thing abeg [ quote author=Angelfrost post=113750038]

Atiku and Tinubu are in the same WhatsApp group!

You are doing a very poor PR job for Tinubu! I recommend your sack! grin

First and foremost, he opened his Opolo eyes and helped engineer Buhari into Aso Rock!

You can't sacrifice the unity, sanctity, development, and progress of a whole nation on the altar of your personal ambition to become president! It shows Jagaban cares only about himself and not the welfare of Nigerians.

Secondly, at his age and with his observable frailty, he will simply repeat the Buhari process of traveling for health checks and treatments, leaving the nation at the hands of crooks!

A senile president won't be in touch with the realities of his nation! He will be easy to manipulate by those around him... Nigerians are tired of this nonsense! Tinubu should retire graciously from active politics. He has tried.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Ijoba85: 7:32am On Jun 13, 2022
Tor...I concur
Angelfrost:

First and foremost, he opened his Opolo eyes and helped engineer Buhari into Aso Rock!

You can't sacrifice the unity, sanctity, development, and progress of a whole nation on the altar of your personal ambition to become president! It shows Jagaban cares only about himself and not the welfare of Nigerians.

Secondly, at his age and with his observable frailty, he will simply repeat the Buhari process of traveling for health checks and treatments, leaving the nation at the hands of crooks!

A senile president won't be in touch with the realities of his nation! He will be easy to manipulate by those around him... Nigerians are tired of this nonsense! Tinubu should retire graciously from active politics. He has tried.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Espirito01(m): 7:32am On Jun 13, 2022
We are in June 2022, sixth month of the year and it have failed 17 times, before we get to December, who knows what will become of the national grid.

Hope say Aso Rock are in power outage too.

Failed country.
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by michoim(m): 7:41am On Jun 13, 2022
Work of economic saboteurs (PDP)...
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by bentenny(m): 7:42am On Jun 13, 2022
Ijoba85:
Thanks buddy..I love your contribution to the narrative..but don't you think this law is doing a great harm for the country than good...May God help us o
That's where the current government backed by tinubu the national leader should have stepped in to lobby for the change of that law!
All that is required is to alter the electricity generation,transmission and distribution from the exclusive list to concurrent list!
This alteration will simply authorize serious and bouyant states like Lagos to either construct or give licences to private companies to setup a generating system,transmission and distribution of electricity!

Tinubu had the express connection because the two individuals presiding over the national assembly and senate are his 'boys'....just float a speedy modification of the electricity law and the rest will be history and we can temporarily say goodbye to darkness and the cabals that are hellbent on ensuring we remain in perpetual darkness!

1 Like

Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by bentenny(m): 7:52am On Jun 13, 2022
PAWG:
I don’t see how this is Buhari’s fault. It’s our brothers and sisters , uncles and aunts, fathers and moms running the power sector. They’re the ones that have failed us countless times.

Besides, there’s electricity in Abuja
How is it not his fault?
Where was the report from a committee the president setup up to find a lasting solution to the problem of electricity in the country?
One of the recommendations was for the modification of the electricity law which is on the exclusive list to concurrent list which will mandate the states with the authority to generate,transmit and distribute electricity to their citizens!
Where is that report?
Is it not gathering dust some where in aso rock!
All we keep hearing from him is 'I assuwa you'
This is 7 and half years since he was elected to fix electricity and nothing has been done so far...it keeps getting worse!
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by sofiscatedmoron: 7:56am On Jun 13, 2022
The same people complaining on this page wants to retain Apc in power
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Angelfrost(m): 7:58am On Jun 13, 2022
omowumi9:
Yeah! Peter Obi will without doubt fix the nation's electricity issues because he is the god of electricity. I love the packaging you people are giving PO as if he is the best. He left the country and only came back when elections approach. You people are only supporting PO because he is one of you and not that you are convin justced in his ability to lead the country.

In the absence of Peter Obi, there is honestly no one else at this point....

Tinubu is another looming Buhari!

Atiku will always be Atiku whose own President (Obj) wrote off as terribly corrupt!

This is not about Obi's tribe sir... He is the only reasonable option left for Nigerians!
Re: Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again by Ijoba85: 8:00am On Jun 13, 2022
You have spoken well my brother. God bless you
bentenny:

That's where the current government backed by tinubu the national leader should have stepped in to lobby for the change of that law!
All that is required is to alter the electricity generation,transmission and distribution from the exclusive list to concurrent list!
This alteration will simply authorize serious and bouyant states like Lagos to either construct or give licences to private companies to setup a generating system,transmission and distribution of electricity!

Tinubu had the express connection because the two individuals presiding over the national assembly and senate are his 'boys'....just float a speedy modification of the electricity law and the rest will be history and we can temporarily say goodbye to darkness and the cabals that are hellbent on ensuring we remain in perpetual darkness!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Fayose Mocks Buhari Over Ogoni Visit "You Have Surrendered To Militants' / Boko Haram Kills Seal Uzoma, Nigerian Soldier In North-East (Photos) / Pics: Man Married His New WIFE With Tinubu Signature Logo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.