Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,968 members, 7,825,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo (229 Views)

How FG Still Moves On Retracing Of Grazing Routes In Nigeria / Fulanis In Oyo Can't Trace Their Roots To The North Again - Miyetti Allah / VP Osinbajo Launches Door-to-door Campaign In Nyanya, Karu, Roots For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:05am On Jun 13, 2022
We often wait for others to teach us about ourselves. We rarely realise that change starts with us. Please follow me as we unravel cultural ties, via language of the so-called marginalised Igboid people.

Mkpali ha na kpali Ndi igbo a kaligo. Igbo kunienu. Oge elugo!

For those with little patience, here is a summary video that can give you an idea:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQ0vTEZ_Iak

Please feel free to share thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:11am On Jun 13, 2022
Ika in Bendel State ( Delta & Edo)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5Eluf03VNk

1 Like

Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:15am On Jun 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:28am On Jun 13, 2022
Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:31am On Jun 13, 2022
Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:33am On Jun 13, 2022
It is worth noting that there are several other dialects like Ekpeye, Aboh etc. They are all as Igbo as any of us. We simply speak with different accents and minor changes in slangs.
Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:36am On Jun 13, 2022
On the issue of other groups in the Eastern Region, there are the Ijaws, Efik, Ibibio etc these are people that are unique in their own rights. Our lands border themselves and before the white man came, we use to trade and cross paths with one another.

We exist in harmony because we share commonalities. These are not Igbos however. We are more like neighbours with similar views.
Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 5:39am On Jun 13, 2022
General Philip Effiong for example was not an Igbo man. He was an Efik from Calabar. However, due to a shared history, Calabar became part of Biafra and Effiong became the Vice.

Whatever awaIts us in future, my brother's, my sisters, we don't know. However, if we understand our history, we can be rest assured that we will prevail!

Long live Biafra!

Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by Legendforte: 6:11am On Jun 13, 2022
OkwuEziokwu:
General Philip Effiong for example was not an Igbo man. He was an Efik from Calabar. However, due to a shared history, Calabar became part of Biafra and Effiong became the Vice.

Whatever awaIts us in future, my brother's, my sisters, we don't know. However, if we understand our history, we can be rest assured that we will prevail!

Long live Biafra!
Stop this Biafran nonsense. u can educate people without tying the igbo race to biafran secession. Is biafran an igbo world. Learn to leave other non-igboid nigerdelta tribes alone.

1 Like

Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 6:48am On Jun 13, 2022
Legendforte:

Stop this Biafran nonsense. u can educate people without tying the igbo race to biafran secession. Is biafran an igbo world. Learn to leave other non-igboid nigerdelta tribes alone.

Biafra is Nonsense..

are you upset in the brain

are you owing your landlord

ediot
Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 8:06am On Jun 13, 2022
Legendforte:

Why are you so triggered?

What false thing have I brought up here?
Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by Legendforte: 8:11am On Jun 13, 2022
OkwuEziokwu:

Why are you so triggered?

What false thing have I brought up here?
Enlighten people about our history or ancestry but dont make it be a for unification of all old eastern tribes for emergence of Biafra.
Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by OkwuEziokwu(m): 8:19am On Jun 13, 2022
Legendforte:

Enlighten people about our history or ancestry but dont make it be a for unification of all old eastern tribes for emergence of Biafra.

I hear you.

There has been a lot done to divide people. Hence the need to clearly state the collective common group that we all identify/have identified with. In this case, the easiest category is the Igboid Group and Biafra/ Old Eastern region ( by land).

1 Like

Re: Retracing Cultural Roots- Igbo by Legendforte: 8:27am On Jun 13, 2022
OkwuEziokwu:

I hear you.

There has been a lot done to divide people. Hence the need to clearly state the collective common group that we all identify/have identified with. In this case, the easiest category is the Igboid Group and Biafra/ Old Eastern region ( by land).
Okay. More power to your elbow

(1) (Reply)

Labor Party Has Become An Orphanage For Homeless Politicians - Sowore |VIDEO / Supreme Court Overrules Lagos On Hijab Ban In Schools / Am Surprise Nothing Work Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.