Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? (481 Views)

Why Do Africans Spend Large Amounts Of Money Having European Weddings? / Do Africans Owe African Americans Reparations? / Why Do Igbos Place So Much Value On Ancestral Land Than The One Bought .. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by Dannyilo(m): 8:49am On Jun 13, 2022
Hello guys,
Yesterday I was having a discussion with some friends and it came to a point when one of the guys said as a man, if you don't have a male child, you don't have a child yet. That statement pained me to the core because the person making this kind of statement is almost 40years of age and not married yet. Himself and some few others like him were vehemently supporting this idea.
I am a very liberal person and I don't believe in most of these traditional stuffs. I prayed for 3 kids and I have them all as females. I love my girls like crazy and I have stopped giving birth. I got married at 25 and stopped having kids at 32yrs. But here I am in the midst of people talking down on female children like they are some sort of waste.
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by rickpat(m): 9:00am On Jun 13, 2022
it's a shame really...just ignore such foolish talks....every child is special and unique...no matter the gender.

THE MOST PAINFUL PART IS WHEN MEN BLAME THE WOMEN FOR NOT "GIVING" THEM A MALE CHILD... EVEN WHEN IT'S THE MAN THAT IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE GENDER OF A CHILD...TOO BAD.......

IT'S EVEN THE WOMEN THAT SHOULD BE BLAMING THE MEN FOR THEM NOT HAVING A MALE CHILD.

WOMEN ARE EXTREMELY VICTIMIZED IN AFRICA.

ALL KIDS ARE EQUAL....RAISE YOUR KIDS WELL AND THE GENDER WON'T BE AN ISSUE OF IMPORTANCE.... AFRICAN TRADITION VICTIMIZES WOMEN... BELIEVE IT OR NOT

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by Shifi1: 9:02am On Jun 13, 2022
Female children are important in the family
But u need a man to carry ur father's and ur name forward...it just about family continuity nothing
More...
Example
Ur girls will marry bear their husband names
Then they will live and die the children will not remember ur name again only their father side
Thier father name they will ans..
Ur father and ur name is off for life...
They will hardly come to motherside except they are politician who need campaign...
The circle continues
But love ur girls coz they equal in everything
Except family continuity
Who carry the family name forward..
Nothing more
Great grand children will not remember ur linage only their father side....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by meobizy(f): 9:02am On Jun 13, 2022
You have children, they don’t. You’re better off than them. Carry on with life and don’t let unnecessary things bother you.

Imbeciles in this forum will flood this thread with ignorant opinions. Most of them are JSS2 children yet to experience life. If you like, let a child yet to enter puberty make you feel inadequate as a man, na you know.
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by Treasure17(m): 9:06am On Jun 13, 2022
I think reason differs but have heard people say I want a male child because of the family name. Won't mind if my kids are all female though.
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by Treasure17(m): 9:07am On Jun 13, 2022
meobizy:
You have children, they don’t. You’re better off than them. Carry on with life and don’t let unnecessary things bother you.

Imbeciles in this forum will flood this thread with ignorant opinions. Most of them are JSS2 children yet to experience life. If you like, let a child yet to enter puberty make you feel inadequate as a man, na you know.
Na fight?
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by meobizy(f): 9:21am On Jun 13, 2022
Treasure17:

Na fight?
Fight.
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by Treasure17(m): 10:39am On Jun 13, 2022
meobizy:
Fight.
Lol. Be calming down.
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by PlaYaJones: 10:43am On Jun 13, 2022
meobizy:
Fight.

Sweetat i want to give u moiney coz I want u has my babe...I will give u 8,000 naira cash today. U WANT? cheesy
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by meobizy(f): 11:56am On Jun 13, 2022
Treasure17:

Lol. Be calming down.
Calming.
Re: Why Do Africans Place So Much Value On Male Children? by Ogamysamo: 9:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
your friends are just trying to make you feel bad.
1. they are single but you are married
2. they don't have any child to call them father but you have 1 2 3 until you said this ones don do me
3. they think you are feeling as if you are better than them

if you are bad people complain about you, if you are good/better they speak against you, they do all they could to make you think your best is not good enough

(1) (Reply)

Change Starts With Us... / Ethnic Heritage Centre: A Glance / Bahuta Sochi'n Na

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.