Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Cassava Processing Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cassava Processing Business (1194 Views)

How We Made It Into Tomato Processing Business / FG Commissions 450 Metric Tons Cassava Processing Plant In Rivers / Cassava Processing Business Plan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cassava Processing Business by Farmhouse: 10:30am On Jun 13, 2022
Exploring and Exploiting The New Markets in CASSAVA BUSINESS

International Market for
DRIED CASSAVA LEAVES is worth exploring.

A woman used to buy cheaply from me some three years ago. She was buying at N200 per custard rubber, which I considered exploitative considering what it takes to process to a marketable standard. I later got to know that the woman was shipping the dried leaves to Europe and Asia where it is sold in kg/lbs with good returns. Majorly, cassava leaves are highly sought after in these high end markets because of its pharmaceutical properties.

Considering its required mode of processing to meet the international market standard, producing in large quantity was the major challenge then. With more research works and product line development , I strongly believe that this particular value chain can be well commercialized as additional opportunity for processors at the farm gate.

With good access to market, I will say this is one cool business area that is still untapped in the Cassava business value chain.

CASSAVA is truly a GOLD MINE and a potential leverage for Economic and Industrial revolution in Nigeria. But as long as we are lacking in knowledge of value addition and co-ordinated market information, we shall continue a pre - processing arms for the Industries in West and Asia countries.

We still have a long way to go in Africa. All I know is that, if we wish to exploit, we must be ready to explore. And aside from depending on government and organize institutions alone for research findings to be spoon fed on, there is a lot we can also do at the farm gate Processing level through the application of our native intelligence. Though not co-ordinated, our forefathers were able to exploit the benefits from roots and herbs as human medicines for ages through exploration. This is what our modern pharmaceutical Industries in other parts of the world has built upon which has made them largely independent and exploiters in African. What have done in our own case?

The noodles we all crave for as the major meals for children and adults in Nigeria today is simply an ordinary regular meal in Cambodia and many other Asian countries. I mean an ordinary regular meal as we have 'eba' in Nigeria. And guess what? it is prepared from Cassava tuber also. Now, see the way it's Processing has been industrialized and even well commercialized to exploit in the same Nigeria that is the number one producer of Cassava tubers in the whole world. I will not be surprised if their 'Sago' also find its way into our market some day.

Pupuru is a native delicacy of 'Ikale' people of Ondo state. Some among 'Ilaje' and 'Ijaw' people are also consuming it. It is made from Cassava tubers too. Its demand among our people in diaspora has necessitated its processing to a stability level that can be exported. But little has been done to make it largely commercialized. Same with 'Abacha' - our own African salad.

We need to look beyond fufu and garri as the main food products made from cassava tubers at the farm gate level. We need to take our local Production to a new level that will harness real economic opportunities to us as individuals and as a nation at large. Let us challenge our organized research bodies (like FIIRO) with our native innovations. Let us explore the best we can do through our local fabricators. Let us package and position our innovations to the level that Local and foreign investors cannot ignore us.

This is a wake up call to all of us who are currently operating in Cassava value chain. Let us all, either individually or as groups begin to see how we can take processing in this Cassava business a step or two further. Let us begin to build on the traditional food foundations our dear fatherland has originally established for us. If we don't explore our own lands, the vultures from far and yonder will again invade our land exploit us using our own resources.

God no go shame us.

Kazeem Lamidi

http:///2348100975775
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Nobody: 10:40am On Jun 13, 2022
Do you mean one can sell cassava leaves?

i also heard that people use to eat yam leaves too.

my question; is there any way to sell yam or cassava leaves? if yes, i will be a millionaire next year
Re: Cassava Processing Business by extroveee(m): 1:31pm On Jun 13, 2022
Is it the cassava peel you sell or the leave on the stem?
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Farmhouse: 3:13pm On Jun 13, 2022
You can sell cassava peel as HIGH QUALITY CASSAVA PEEL and you can also sell the leaves in its dried and granular form
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Farmhouse:
You can sell cassava peel as HIGH QUALITY CASSAVA PEEL and you can also sell the leaves in its dried and granular form
Where can it be sold pls? I mean is there a company or any individual buying it presently? i don't care about the price.

i never knew cassava peels and leaves can be sold. kindly provide us with this important information pls.
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Trinitycoy(f): 10:05am On Jun 14, 2022
udoji2021:

Where can it be sold pls? I mean is there a company or any individual buying it presently? i don't care about the price.

i never knew cassava peels and leaves can be sold. kindly provide us with this important information pls.

Cassava Peel and leave is use in animal feed production but only those in organic feed production use many leaves not limited to cassava leaves alone and they are very few but cassava peel is hot cake in the market
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 14, 2022
Trinitycoy:

Cassava Peel and leave is use in animal feed production but only those in organic feed production use many leaves not limited to cassava leaves alone and they are very few but cassava peel is hot cake in the market
Hot cake in the market?

something that is wasting everyday in my village.
do you know where and how i can sell it?

is it dried or fresh one?

sorry for the many questions and thanks for the reply.
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Trinitycoy(f): 11:56am On Jun 14, 2022
udoji2021:

Hot cake in the market?

something that is wasting everyday in my village.
do you know where and how i can sell it?

is it dried or fresh one?

sorry for the many questions and thanks for the reply.

May be you are new in the business. Chat me on whataspp8135631994 where are you based?
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
Trinitycoy:

May be you are new in the business. Chat me on whataspp8135631994 where are you based?
I'm not on what'sapp.
i'm in benue state, close to katsina-ala.

just tell me how the make the peels sellable and we can pick up from there. i personally have a cassava and is doing akpu to sell every market. i use to throw away the peels sef
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
I can message you if that is cool by you cos i have a condition that will not allow me to make calls.
pls let's partner on this
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Trinitycoy(f): 12:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
udoji2021:

I'm not on what'sapp.
i'm in benue state, close to katsina-ala.

just tell me how the make the peels sellable and we can pick up from there. i personally have a cassava and is doing akpu to sell every market. i use to throw away the peels sef

Look for pig farmers
And poultry feed makers
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
Re: Cassava Processing Business by whomovemycheese: 1:28pm On Jun 14, 2022
The cassava idea is cool.

Are you into farming, storage or transportation of agro products. Please fill out this form below provided to help us create an app with good user experience for you.

https://forms.gle/oW6fyf5aLpFDWYxGA

Just 2 minutes to fill. Thanks
Re: Cassava Processing Business by Praktikals(m): 2:09pm On Jun 14, 2022
wink

(1) (Reply)

I Need Day Old Chick In Imo State / Order For Cheapest Turkey,broiler@ ,pullet,cockerel And Geese Etc / Waleagro Anniversary: Enjoy Free Agribusiness Services Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.