Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,477 members, 7,830,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

What It Cost Me To Believe In God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What It Cost Me To Believe In God (397 Views)

What Will Happen To Those Who Refused To Believe In The Name Of The Lord Christ / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire / What Does It Mean To Believe In Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What It Cost Me To Believe In God by immaculatesense(m): 11:01am On Jun 13, 2022
I was not prevailed upon to but because I sat down,thought about the advantages and the disadvantages of either choices I potent to make. Firstly I considered if I decide to believe in a God,what are the advantages and d disadvantages...in considering d disadvantages I detect that I would be bound by some laws which may make me seem as though I am not a free man or am in bondage of some sort. So,I careful decided to look at this laws and I discovered most of them are man made that av bn made by religious leaders over the years and passed on from on generation to the next. I made a decision that if I were to bliv in a God I would not be bound by these man made laws. So,I took a care step to look at it again and I discovered that wat the advantages are and in my findings I got to know that there are also no advantages cos I was at least a good man before considering these decisions.
Summary of my findings that led to my ultimate decision.
I discovered that believing in a God truly required nothing much from me than to be good to my self and be just in dealings with fellow human. Other things are unnecessary and things passed on over the years. I go about my life and business doing wat I thing is best good for me and others just like I av bn doing before maybe better anyways. The only difference is that I now believe that there is a God and He lives in my consciousness. THIS COST ME NOTHING AT ALL
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by FERNANDEZISBACK: 11:23am On Jun 13, 2022
immaculatesense:
I was prevailed upon to but because I sat down,thought about the advantages and the disadvantages of either choices I potent to make. Firstly I considered if I decide to believe in a God,what are the advantages and d disadvantages...in considering d disadvantages I detect that I would be bound by some laws which may make me seem as though I am not a free man or am in bondage of some sort. So,I careful decided to look at this laws and I discovered most of them are man made that av bn made by religious leaders over the years and passed on from on generation to the next. I made a decision that if I were to bliv in a God I would not be bound by these man made laws. So,I took a care step to look at it again and I discovered that wat the advantages are and in my findings I got to know that there are also no advantages cos I was at least a good man before considering these decisions.
Summary of my findings that led to my ultimate decision.
I discovered that believing in a God truly required nothing much from me than to be good to my self and be just in dealings with fellow human. Other things are unnecessary and things passed on over the years. I go about my life and business doing wat I thing is best good for me and others just like I av bn doing before maybe better anyways. The only difference is that I now believe that there is a God and He lives in my consciousness. THIS COST ME NOTHING AT ALL
Thanks..
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by immaculatesense(m): 12:05pm On Jun 13, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Thanks..
U are most welcome...keep doing great
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
immaculatesense:

U are most welcome...keep doing great
You too.. wink kiss kiss
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by Kobojunkie: 2:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
immaculatesense:
So,I careful decided to look at this laws and I discovered most of them are man made that av bn made by religious leaders over the years and passed on from on generation to the next. I made a decision that if I were to bliv in a God I would not be bound by these man made laws. So,I took a care step to look at it again and I discovered that wat the advantages are and in my findings I got to know that there are also no advantages cos I was at least a good man before considering these decisions.
Summary of my findings that led to my ultimate decision. I discovered that believing in a God truly required nothing much from me than to be good to my self and be just in dealings with fellow human. Other things are unnecessary and things passed on over the years. I go about my life and business doing wat I thing is best good for me and others just like I av bn doing before maybe better anyways. The only difference is that I now believe that there is a God and He lives in my consciousness. THIS COST ME NOTHING AT ALL
So what God did you decide to believe in after all of your findings? undecided
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by immaculatesense(m): 3:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So what God did you decide to believe in after all of your findings? undecided
At least in my decision,I read dat someone loves me enough to die for me...I believe in the God he came to announce...I hope u understand
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by Kobojunkie: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
immaculatesense:

At least in my decision,I read dat someone loves me enough to die for me...I believe in the God he came to announce...I hope u understand
From your description, I don't know the exact God you claim you found is why I ask. So which one? The deity of the Muslims? The deity of the Hindus? Krishna? Which one?, undecided
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
The word BELIEVE means TRUST.

Believing in someone doesn't just mean you acknowledge the person exists {James 2:19} a responsibility should go in accord with the plans of the one you claim you believe! James 2:26

So what plans exactly did you know that you can trust in the works of the God you know? undecided

1 Like

Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by immaculatesense(m): 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
From your description, I don't know the exact God you claim you found is why I ask. So which one? The deity of the Muslims? The deity of the Hindus? Krishna? Which one?, undecided
Thank u kobojunke
Just as language differs and some try to claim that there language is more Superior to the others maybe due to it's influence or acceptability...I won't like to claim such...but if I am to teach a language to someone else won't I rather I teach the language I know very well not because I claim it to be above all but because I accept and know it more than any other...in a nut shell I believe in the Christian God because of the above...thank u kobojunke
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
immaculatesense:

...in a nut shell I believe in the Christian God because of the above...thank u kobojunke
Are you certain the one you believe in is the Christian God? undecided

I ask this because according to Jesus Christ, the Christ in the word Christian

▪︎ Salvation is not free. In Luke 14 vs 25 - 33. It is meant to cost you everything you have in order to purchase heaven for yourself - Matthew 13 vs 42 - 44. He went further to stipulate that only those who loose it all for His sake will be saved by finding the Narrow gate which leads to True Life- Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 , Mark 8 vs 34 - 35, Matthew 16 vs 24 - 26 & Luke 9 vs 23 - 25 undecided

▪︎ He is the Way - John 14 vs 6 - , God's New Covenant Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God and it is imperative that you live every moment of your existence submitting to and obey every one of His teachings(and commandments) - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - , standing faithful in obedience till the end if you are to be saved - Matthew 24 vs 13. undecided

▪︎ the work He calls His followers to do is believe in the one whom the Father has said, not continue working for perishable bread as this is the kind of work He came to redeem us from - John 6 vs 25 - 35 undecided

.... I can ofcourse go on but I believe from the above, you can see why I would, from your Op, urge that you dig a little deeper to figure out the God you are truly serving because the one you describes seems so much different from the Christian God. undecided
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by immaculatesense(m): 9:03pm On Jun 13, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Are you certain the one you believe in is the Christian God? undecided

I ask this because according to Jesus Christ, the Christ in the word Christian

▪︎ Salvation is not free. In Luke 14 vs 25 - 33. It is meant to cost you everything you have in order to purchase heaven for yourself - Matthew 13 vs 42 - 44. He went further to stipulate that only those who loose it all for His sake will be saved by finding the Narrow gate which leads to True Life- Matthew 10 vs 34 - 39 , Mark 8 vs 34 - 35, Matthew 16 vs 24 - 26 & Luke 9 vs 23 - 25 undecided

▪︎ He is the Way - John 14 vs 6 - , God's New Covenant Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God and it is imperative that you live every moment of your existence submitting to and obey every one of His teachings(and commandments) - John 14 vs 15 - 25 - , standing faithful in obedience till the end if you are to be saved - Matthew 24 vs 13. undecided

▪︎ the work He calls His followers to do is believe in the one whom the Father has said, not continue working for perishable bread as this is the kind of work He came to redeem us from - John 6 vs 25 - 35 undecided

.... I can ofcourse go on but I believe from the above, you can see why I would, from your Op, urge that you dig a little deeper to figure out the God you are truly serving because the one you describes seems so much different from the Christian God. undecided
Dear kobojunkie
I sincerely appreciate the write up and I must agree that you are right. But I want u to know the difference in Acts 9 and 10 which talked about the conversation of both Saul and Cornelius respectively. Cornelius was a good man even without him knowing Christ..Peter revealed Christ to him and his home and they were only asked to believe which they did...no further instructions and they still continue living the good live they have bn known for but I bliv with Christ surely they got better and happier doing the good. But in the case of Paul he was a fanatic and aside that nothing good was attributed to him except being a fanatic and a persecutor of the church...what happened when I encountered Christ...he became a changed person,became patient and lead a good life that people now speak good of...
What Is my point...Christ changes our lives from bad to good and from good to better and better to best...
Have u asked urself a question about SOME people who are unbelievers but they lead a good life and SOME supposed believers who live a life not worthy of the gospel? The point is when receive Christ as a good person,u never stop being good but Christ changes the bad to good over time and that is spiritual growth. We have to forget about the tradition of men that over burden people with rules that seems wise but has notin to do with he salvation of the soul Colosians 2:20-23
I trust ur judgement as regards the issue I exemplified above
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by Kobojunkie: 3:40am On Jun 14, 2022
immaculatesense:
1. I sincerely appreciate the write up and I must agree that you are right. But I want u to know the difference in Acts 9 and 10 which talked about the conversation of both Saul and Cornelius respectively. Cornelius was a good man even without him knowing Christ..[b]Peter revealed Christ to him and his home and they were only asked to believe which they did...no further instructions and they still continue living the good live they have bn known for but I bliv with Christ surely they got better and happier doing the good[/b].

2. But in the case of Paul he was a fanatic and aside that nothing good was attributed to him except being a fanatic and a persecutor of the church...

3. what happened when I encountered Christ...he became a changed person,became patient and lead a good life that people now speak good of...
What Is my point...Christ changes our lives from bad to good and from good to better and better to best...

4. Have u asked urself a question about SOME people who are unbelievers but they lead a good life and SOME supposed believers who live a life not worthy of the gospel? The point is when receive Christ as a good person,u never stop being good but Christ changes the bad to good over time and that is spiritual growth. We have to forget about the tradition of men that over burden people with rules that seems wise but has notin to do with he salvation of the soul Colosians 2:20-23
I trust ur judgement as regards the issue I exemplified above
1. Wow.... you were able to conclude all that just by reading a few verses about the man named Cornelius? undecided

Interesting thing you said about how Peter only needing to reveal Jesus Christ to Cornelius but your claim that they Cornelius and his family went back to living what you call the good life is a bit far fetched, isn't it?, undecided

First off, Jesus Christ sent His followers out to teach unbelievers (those in the world) the Gospel aka God's New Covenant Law and Truth in the Kingdom of God, baptizing those who believe. That is why all Peter had to do with Cornelius and His family was teach them to obey Jesus Christ, baptize them and move on. However, that is only the beginning of the journey towards salvation for those who make the decision to chose Jesus Christ as they are now faced with the task of submitting and obeying God's Law and Truth with the Spirit of Truth as there teacher. undecided

If Cornelius himself had written his own story, he would probably have regaled you of how he and everyone else in his family has to face the decision to sell it all in order to obey Jesus Christ, quit working for daily bread, etc., all so as to be saved. undecided

2. As for the comparison you attempted between Cornelius and Paul, let me put it this way. There is no exception provided any man, regardless of his character as an unbeliever, where God's Law, Jesus Christ is concerned. The very same almost 100 commandments which Jesus Christ gave to you, He have also to me, to Paul and also to Cornelius and no exception is made as for as submission to and obedience of all teachings(and commandments) of Jesus Christ. undecided

3. By the way, ever read what Isaiah said in Isaiah 64 vs 6 about how your goodness is nothing but filthy rag before God? Well, no matter how "good" you measure yourself to be on your earthly scale, you will never measure up to God's standard as far as Good is concerned. Because God's standard is higher than any form of goodness this unholy world can offer or imagine. undecided

4. Yes, I have encountered many unbelievers who live their lives doing good by the standard that is this world. Sadly all that good amounts to nothing because it is all unholy where God is concerned. undecided

There is no such thing as receiving Jesus Christ as a good person. So long as you are an unbeliever, you are unholy and in need of redemption from God's curse on mankind. From even before you become born-again, before you gain access into the Kingdom of God, you are expected to begin living your very existence in submission to and obedience of each and every teaching(and commandment) of Jesus Christ, abandoning all previous ideas you had of your self or your past so that Jesus Christ can give you a completely new identity which fits more with His Kingdom.. undecided

So, where He says you are to abandon your job/career, businesses, friends, reputation, family etc., He expects you to do as He commands as obedience of God is not dependent on your past life or your assumptions of it. undecided
Re: What It Cost Me To Believe In God by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:43am On Jun 14, 2022
There are many people in the world today and 80% of the world's population are claiming they believe (trust) God. But where is the proof that these people truly believe in God?

Let's take for instance the current President of Nigeria who has been there since 2015, many some hate him, some like him, some are work under him while some are working with him.

Those that hate him wish he's out of the office, those that likes him wish he continues in office, most working under him are tired and exhausted but still some working with him strongly believe they're doing great and they can point to the achievements of Buhari in the past four years because they WORKED with him to achieve those things.
Between all these people who could rightly say he/she believes Buhari?
Is it those that hate him?
Those that simply like him because they're enjoying some privileged under his rule?
Those that are tired and exhausted as they can't see any progress even with their effort?
Or those WORKING with him and having the same VISION as he does for Nigeria?

Surely none of them will doubt that a man named Buhari is in Aso rock but when it comes to TRUST as in BELIEVE only those WORKING with him and having the same VISION truthfully believe (trust) in his government.

So what exactly have you been doing with the God you believe and what are the positive results of the WORKS you've been doing with this God? James 2:18-26 smiley

(1) (Reply)

Sinners In The HAND of an Angry GOD. / One Killed As Oro Worshippers, Christians Clash In Lagos / Pastor Bathing His Female Members Naked In The Church, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.