Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria (17007 Views)

Buhari Fires Board Heads Of NCC, NIPOST, NITDA, Others; Makes New Appointments / FG To Regulate Social Media - Lai Mohammed / Profile of Kashifu Abdullahi, 39-year-old DG Of NITDA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by jkpbestseries: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hala
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Ibkhaleel01: 8:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hekp us curb the proliferation if igbo natured hate platforms...
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by AntiChristian: 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
shocked
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by gulfer: 8:52pm On Jun 13, 2022
Rubbish, malami, laimphammmed and all of you involved, you will surely get your recompense in due time angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Saintmary(f): 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
Gagging
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 9:00pm On Jun 13, 2022
they've seen the growing influence of obi so they want to cut it down.

Hehehehe

2 Likes

Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by damiloladuke: 9:17pm On Jun 13, 2022
OK
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by BJanta: 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Islie:

The Code of Practice is an intervention to recalibrate the relationship of Online Platforms with Nigerians in order to maximise mutual benefits for our nation, while promoting a sustainable digital economy."

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/536793-nigeria-issues-code-of-practice-to-regulate-online-platforms.html

GOOD. It's long overdue, but now we're getting there.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by YoungBlackRico(m): 9:18pm On Jun 13, 2022
Provide a comprehensive compliance mechanism to avoid publication of prohibited contents and unethical behaviour on their platform; and
Provide information to authorities on harmful accounts, suspected botnets, troll groups, and other coordinated disinformation networks and deleting any information that violates Nigerian law within an agreed time.
If it will curb the madness and and excesses here, I support.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Splitmind: 9:19pm On Jun 13, 2022
Free speech must be tightly regulated for the good of the nation.

We can not allow those critical of the current government to have a voice, never!
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Theunbothered: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
They will use this new regulation as an excuse to stop opposition parties from campaigning online.

The timing of this announcement after the Presidential primaries can not be a coincidence.

2 Likes

Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Comedian2019: 9:22pm On Jun 13, 2022
Dictators always pretend like they have good intentions.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by BJanta: 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2022
erubati:
#nairalandmodsarebigots

I hate them all with a passion.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by BJanta: 9:30pm On Jun 13, 2022
erubati:
I just sent a mail reporting this site.
I will continue to bombard them with emails untill something is done.
We can't be breeding religious and ethnic bigots here on nairaland

You're my man, LOL.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Jmichael1(m): 9:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
I no even understand wetin i read slf...
abeg make person explain gv me.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by dadavivo: 9:35pm On Jun 13, 2022
APC is a terrorist organisation

1 Like

Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by irririchris(m): 9:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
This is the jpeg format.

Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by valentineuwakwe(m): 9:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
Somerhing dey worry this APC govt fpr head...no o...make una bring code of conduct too to breath life and oxygen in naija too...
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Awoo88: 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Stupid people. How are you going to tell twitter and Facebook what to censor?
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by GreenCovering: 9:55pm On Jun 13, 2022
Get ready to submit your phone numbers or NIN to nairaland.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by asogo1: 10:26pm On Jun 13, 2022
EndSARS was cordinated online, one of the reason twitter was banned. Taking down bubu's tweet was all drama.
Internet space is now going to be regulated you can't post what you want on NL again. VPN we move
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Enumerator(m): 10:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nowhere to be found since before primary
Lexusgs430:
Where is Mr Lie Mohammed......... cheesy
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Lexusgs430: 10:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Enumerator:
Nowhere to be found since before primary

I am very strangely missing him .......... cheesy
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
Low budget 1984. These ones want to join the Americans in their stupidity.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by LienwaltAbel(m): 10:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
erubati:
Forget it, the mods benefit from all that rubbish which is why they'll never do anything about it
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Whiteshield: 11:02pm On Jun 13, 2022
erubati:

Are you aware that the Presidency has an active account here on nairaland?

You are only fooling yourself if you think they don't know what is happening here.

1 Like

Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Nwokos: 11:28pm On Jun 13, 2022
Utas of ASUU have defeated your relevance, you guys are looking for new office, yet deh smell

https://www.premiumtimeto-regulate-online-platforms.html[/quote]
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by SEGLIZ: 11:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
erubati:
likewise those mentally deranged and self-depressed individual that come to cause others mental harm. they take pride in insulting their parents at will.

I beg I support this your reporting, seun and him mod must get sense by fire by force. Nairaland has turned home and playground for every children of hate from every corner of the nation.
Re: NITDA Issues ‘Code Of Practice’ To Regulate Online Platforms In Nigeria by Creamz(m): 11:36pm On Jun 13, 2022
When elections din reach, them go dey bring out things to stiffen the voice of the people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Abuja’s 10-lane Road Project To Gulp N257bn[$1.7BN] / BREAKING News:watch Ait Now,documentary Of Buhari's Demonic Regime Is On. / Jonathan Commissions Armed Forces Radio Station In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.