Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,014 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

The Igbo PVC Ordeal In Lagos: Speak, Igbo Leaders Speak - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Igbo PVC Ordeal In Lagos: Speak, Igbo Leaders Speak (235 Views)

What Buhari Told Amaechi, Igbo Leaders About Nnamdi Kanu’s Release – Adesina / "How I Survived 4-hour Ordeal In Kidnappers’ Den" —Justice Pemu (Picture) / "You Can Join Amotekun If You Have Spent 20 Years In Lagos & Speak Yoruba" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Igbo PVC Ordeal In Lagos: Speak, Igbo Leaders Speak by Smaade: 8:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
By Comfort Obi

Just so I don't jump the gun, I have simple questions which answers I urgently seek.

Has the Igbo leadership heard of and/or watched the viral video of the humiliation of the  Igbo  who do their businesses at Alaba International Market Lagos? And, if so, do  the Igbo still have leaders?  You know, Governors, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, respected Traditional Rulers, real Religious Leaders?  - not those who see visions everyday and perform "miracles" every second.

If they do, as I sincerely believe, such people should speak up now. If they don't, there is no other conclusion to reach than to say they play to the gallery when they talk about the marginalization of the Igbo, the unfairness and the injustices meted out against the Igbo. It means they just talk for the fun of it.

It is not that this is the first time the Igbo will  be humiliated, and/or discriminated against in Lagos, but what happened on Thursday to the Alaba International Market Traders stinks to high heavens. It is scandalous. It is an unprovoked attack against a people.

I have never been to that market before in my over 20 years in Lagos. But its reputation precedes it. It is the melting point of all electronics in Nigeria and, I understand, West Africa. Any electronic  one does not find in Alaba, one should forget it. The traders there, "big boys and girls", make an obscene amount of money every day. The money they make helps to keep the Lagos State economy running.  They are responsible citizens.

I understand that they are mostly Igbo. Hard working, they don't know about sit-at-home orders which would, definitely, affect the economy of Lagos just as it has grounded, almost, the economy of the South-east where they are from. Even if they wanted to observe it, they will not be allowed to. ...Read More

Re: The Igbo PVC Ordeal In Lagos: Speak, Igbo Leaders Speak by solmusdesigns: 8:53pm On Jun 13, 2022
That is what happens when Peter Obi failed to develop Anambra as Ibo economic hub while he made his people migrate to Lagos to make a living like Almajiri

He shamelessly lives in Ikoyi at his Osbourne Towers residence with his family neglecting Anambra to unknown gunmen

1 Like

Re: The Igbo PVC Ordeal In Lagos: Speak, Igbo Leaders Speak by KingKO22: 8:54pm On Jun 13, 2022
The only state that employe thousands of yeebow is Lagos state

I can remember conducting interview for aspirants and about 70% are yeeebow

What else do this people want ? Why hating the only state that engage and employe young graduates in Nigeria.

Without Tinubu Lagos would have been as worst as Anambra yet they don't appreciate their host rather they hate us in return

1 Like

Re: The Igbo PVC Ordeal In Lagos: Speak, Igbo Leaders Speak by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 8:57pm On Jun 13, 2022
solmusdesigns:
That is what happens when Peter Obi failed to develop Anambra as Ibo economic hub while he made his people migrate to Lagos to make a living like Almajiri

He shamelessly lives in Ikoyi at his Osbourne Towers residence with his family neglecting Anambra to unknown gunmen

e pain am oo
the youths are coming

they have no manifestos to campaign with apart from their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.

But we'll remind them that tribalism won't bring back dollars to at least 400
tribalism won't bring back fuel to 95 naira
tribalism won't send our undergraduates back to school.
tribalism won't fix our security.
tribalism won't develop our economy.

2023 will be the youths vs the criminals
Re: The Igbo PVC Ordeal In Lagos: Speak, Igbo Leaders Speak by PlayerMeji: 9:04pm On Jun 13, 2022
Okay

This is coming from people who want Hausas, Yorubas to vote for them...

Yet, they cannot do without spreading the seed of discord...

To them, everyone is against them even he who just offered a helping hand.

SMH..

(1) (Reply)

Sir Monday Onyeme Scaled Through Deputy List. / Dumebi Kachikwu: It Is Only In Nigeria That A Thief Will Boldly Accuse The Owner / If The South Cannot Rule,let The Middle Belt Rule

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.