Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,715 members, 7,862,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 12:36 PM

Nigerians In Canada Plan To ‘capture’ Burna Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Nigerians In Canada Plan To ‘capture’ Burna Boy (863 Views)

Nigerians In Dubai Insult Bobrisky At An Event (Video) / The Day Banky W Introduced Wizkid & Skales To Nigerians In 2010 (Throwback Photo / 5 Nigerians In "Black Panther": Sope Aluko, Tunde Laleye, Amechi Okocha, Tari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians In Canada Plan To ‘capture’ Burna Boy by Highlandgee: 3:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
Canada-based Nigerian fans of Afrobeat star, Burna boy have spoken of their plans to ‘capture’ the singer when he comes to North America for concerts in support of his new album Love, Damini.

Burna Boy had earlier announced a few concerts in support of his forthcoming album. They will take place in the US and Canada in July.

Recall that the Grammy Award-winning Nigerian artiste has been trending for wrong reasons. The Nigerian police are probing his role in the alleged shootings by security operatives attached to him at Nigerian club last week. This is the second time he would be facing police probe in 6 years.

In November 2017, the artist was invited by Lagos State Police Command over alleged robbery investigation.

But despite his troubles, fans of the musician cannot wait to seize the rare opportunity of the visit of their star to Canada.

Speaking recently to Afrotimes News, Kola Michael, an student at the University of Toronto said “Being a die-hard Burna Boy fan right from back in Nigeria, I’ve been waiting earnestly for his show in Canada. Though Montreal is a 6-hour drive away, I am ready and to go! It’s been 4 years I last saw Burna and so I told myself I can’t miss this opportunity”

Another fan, Felix said he purchased Burna boy’s concert tickets within a few minutes of the tickets going on sale. “For some reasons I am yet to understand, Nigerian music stars hardly come to Canada. They go to the US, the UK and Europe but rarely visit Canada. I’m so happy Burna Boy will be in Canada this summer. If he had planned to tour America and not visit Canada, we would have captured him from America and brought him to Canada by force” Felix joked.

Burna Boy will perform on July 30 at the Osheaga Festival in Montreal, Quebec as well as in Markham Fairgrounds during the Kultureland festival, August 6-7.

Source: The Afrotimes Newspaper: https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper/photos/a.119381757440035/126821186696092/

Re: Nigerians In Canada Plan To ‘capture’ Burna Boy by Highlandgee: 3:27pm On Jun 14, 2022
For the latest news about Nigerians abroad, read the AfroTimes Newspaper
https://www.facebook.com/AfrotimesNewspaper

Re: Nigerians In Canada Plan To ‘capture’ Burna Boy by Newphiligeek123: 6:07pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice one
Re: Nigerians In Canada Plan To ‘capture’ Burna Boy by Highlandgee: 12:26pm On Jun 17, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Davido And His 30bg Gang Shutdown Israel DMW White Wedding In Benin / Burna Boy Leading Praise And Worship / Destiny Etiko’s Adopted Daughter, Chinenye, Finally Speaks On Alleged Clash With

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.