Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,239 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:33 AM

Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? (735 Views)

Calling For Technical Assistance From Joomla Design Professionals In The House / Job Vacancy: It Value Added Services (vas) Technical Support (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? by schneid: 12:27pm On Jul 21, 2011
Am beginning to wonder what should be the EFFECTIVE daily ACTIVITY OF A WEB DEVELOPER!
Lets take a look at these 2 typical scenerio:

(1) YOU get a web design job . u execute it and smile to the bank. NOW SOMEBODY (HACKER) SOMEWHERE does not like your FACE or that of ur CLIENTS and decides to cause you harm (hack) the site.

(2) You EXECUTE the Job and EVERYODY is happy! No threaths from ANYONE and life goes ON. Now ur job is to maintain the site and make sure NOTHNG Bad technically is happening at the background (server issues and co).

AS a web developer who wants to stay in business and not damage HiS/HER reputation. What measures SHOULD be taken against the ABOVE TWO SCENERIO? - TECHNCALLY (backup,etc ,
Re: Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? by schneid: 11:55am On Jul 22, 2011
Are my questions NOT REASONABLE?
Waiting for meaningful responses
Re: Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? by DualCore1: 12:03pm On Jul 22, 2011
I don't understand how the second scenario is a problem.

Solution though is good coding practice, keep you clients engaged (make new releases of your application), get a good host, continue self development and let your jobs and your clients speak for you.
Re: Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? by schneid: 12:23pm On Jul 22, 2011
Yeeees! its not really a problem. u know there might be something am missing out ( this field is wide and nobody is an island of knowledge).
And also my intention is to help newbies with such information here.

WHAT ABOUT THE FIRST SCENERIO? Am just tryng to take PRECAUTON. I have some big clients and if anything happens to their site. MEN ! NA BG MESS!

Thanks I really appreciate your response DUAL CORE.

More comments plssssssssssssss
Re: Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? by instinctg(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2011
In as much as hosting companies claim to take regular backups of your database, its better u take your destiny in your hands. That is, manual backup of database . If granted by your hosting company, u can also take batch processes to automate database backup.
Re: Webste Developer- Technical Abilites? by schneid: 2:06pm On Jul 26, 2011
thanks instinct

(1) (Reply)

I Need Wordpress Blog Teacher In Port Harcourt, I Will Pay / anyone here / Website Design Review For A Food/restaurant Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.