Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? (881 Views)

2023: Who Is Buhari's Anointed? - The Cable / 2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? / 2023: Who Fits The Bill Of Nigeria’s Ideal President? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Vinnie2000(m): 5:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
Two days back, one Politician said Voter Apathy looms in the north!

The Hausa/Fulani are seriously confused on who they will vote as President in 2023!

This is because

1. Many of them do NOT like PDP (Atiku), particularly people of Katsina, Kaduna and other Buhari strongholds state! They have ONLY voted CPC, ANPP and APC in the past!

2. Many of them do NOT like Tinubu (APC) because his wife is a Christian and he has lots of christian friends and partners!

3. Many do not like Peter Obi (LP) because he is Igbo, whom they fear so much, remembering the Civil War of 1967!

So who will the Hausa/fulanis of the North vote for as President?

Or Will they Boycott the Election

Boss Lalasticlala, plz push to Frontpage!
Thanks!
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 5:08pm On Jun 14, 2022
I'm from the SE, born and brought up in Adamawa state.. I am on ground here in the north.
I will explain the situation without any bias to the best of my ability..

To start with, the core North, comprising of NE&NW are about 70% Muslims and 30% Christians +/-5% for each set. They play the religious card much more than the South.
Now, that Buhari is not on the ballot and before the emergence of Tinubu and prospect of Muslim-Muslim ticket, good number of those that supported Buhari pitch their tent with Atiku and Kwankwoso with Atiku slightly ahead because he is in a big party.
But now that there is a possibility of a Muslim-Muslim ticket, they are considering porting back to APC.
The Northern Christians support base are divided between Obi, Atiku & Tinibu (if he chooses a Christian VP).
Statistically. Base on Muslim-Muslim ticke for APC, the most Likely option..
In NE, Atiku 50%, Tinubu 35%, Obi 10%, Kwankwoso 5%.
In NW. Kwankwoso 30%, Tinibu 35%, Atiku 30%, Obi 5%.

In NC which is slightly Christian Dominated,
Tinibu 40, Obi, 30%, Atiku 25%, Kwankwoso 5%.
Obi will score good in NC because of Christians in Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa and FCT.. Tinibu is popular in Kogi and Kwara, Atiku will sweep Niger state.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by ItsTutsi(m): 5:11pm On Jun 14, 2022
We will vote Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by richiemcgold: 5:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
the north will always vote whoever their political and religious leaders ask them to vote.

2 Likes

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Bluntguy: 5:29pm On Jun 14, 2022
richiemcgold:
the north will always vote whoever their political and religious leaders ask them to vote.
Not this time. The tide has changed. Seems you just dropped from the sky.
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by tempest01(m): 5:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
I'm from the SE, born and brought up in Adamawa state.. I am on ground here in the north.

To start with, the core North, comprising of NE&NW are about 70% Muslims and 30% Christians +/-5% for each set. They play the religious card much more than the South.
Now, that Buhari is not on the ballot and before the emergence of Tinubu and prospect of Muslim-Muslim ticket, good number of those that supported Buhari pitch their tent with Atiku and Kwankwoso with Atiku slightly ahead because he is in a big party.
But now that there is a possibility of a Muslim-Muslim ticket, they are considering porting back to APC.
The Northern Christians support base are divided between Obi, Atiku & Tinibu (if he chooses a Christian VP).

Obi will score good in NC because of Christians in Benue, Plateau, Nasarawa and FCT.. Tinibu is popular in Kogi and Kwara, Atiku will sweep Niger state.

Your response has some points but you forget that the vice presidential nominee also has a part to play for the others. It is just Tinubus vice you mentioned.
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Frigga13: 5:45pm On Jun 14, 2022
We’ve past the election .. we’re already for governance

Power to the people

Atiku for a strong Naira and bandit free Nigeria
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Tinubufit: 5:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
You try but Atiku can't get up to 50% in north east .Atiku can't win bauchi because the governor isn't supporting Atiku .The governor is Tinubu ally the governor even stated that if Tinubu was in Pdp they wouldn't need to conduct primary election but to adopt Tinubu as a concensus .

Then Atiku can't win Yobe Gombe and Bornu state.i know he will win Adamawa and Taraba convincingly.

And for the peter obi I pray he get up to 4% in NE see let forget sentiment and abandon emotion too. Presidential election is always different you will see the prominent people just keep quiet watching this Peter obi supporters.
ImmaculateJOE:

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:02pm On Jun 14, 2022
tempest01:

Your response has some points but you forget that the vice presidential nominee also has a part to play for the others. It is just Tinubus vice you mentioned.
Atiku vice is going South.. Obi's vice will have little influence in the north except if Kwankwoso agrees to vice him. Him alone is selling massively in the NC and NE.
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
ItsTutsi:
We will vote Tinubu
See this Tinubu south west supporter! So only you is We, abi
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by abobote: 6:04pm On Jun 14, 2022
Their own. A bird at hand
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:05pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubufit:
You try but Atiku can't get up to 50% in north east .Atiku can't win bauchi because the governor isn't supporting Atiku .The governor is Tinubu ally the governor even stated that if Tinubu was in Pdp they wouldn't need to conduct primary election but to adopt Tinubu as a concensus .

Then Atiku can't win Yobe Gombe and Bornu state.i know he will win Adamawa and Taraba convincingly.

And for the peter obi I pray he get up to 4% in NE see let forget sentiment and abandon emotion too. Presidential election is always different you will see the prominent people just keep quiet watching this Peter obi supporters.
Tinibu can't defeat him in Bauchi and Gombe.
Atiku will win slightly in Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe and Bauchi. Borno and Yobe are lockdown for Tinibu. Obi will garner more than 25% votes in Adamawa and Taraba..

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:13pm On Jun 14, 2022
richiemcgold:

Bros, their Leaders are confused on who to pick b/w Tinubu and Atiku!

The talakawas on the Streets are also confused!
Even 'Buhari' and his cabal are confused!

They will share dier votes bw Atiku, tinubu and kwankwaso!

These confusion will go in Favour of Mr. Peter Obi!
Once he secures SESS and Middle belt votes, he has won God's willing!

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by ItsTutsi(m): 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2022
Im a northerner actually
Vinnie2000:

See this Tinubu south west supporter!
So only you is We, abi
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Two days back, one Politician said Voter Apathy looms in the north!

The Hausa/Fulani are seriously confused on who they will vote as President in 2023!

This is because

1. Many of them do NOT like PDP (Atiku), particularly people of Katsina, Kaduna and other Buhari strongholds state! They have ONLY voted CPC, ANPP and APC in the past!

2. Many of them do NOT like Tinubu (APC) because his wife is a Christian and he has lots of christian friends and partners!

3. Many do not like Peter Obi (LP) because he is Igbo, whom they fear so much, remembering the Civil War of 1967!

So who will the Hausa/fulanis of the North vote for as President?

Or Will they Boycott the Election

Boss Lalasticlala, plz push to Frontpage!
Thanks!
Oga you Sabi lieooo Katsina, Kaduna has repeatedly produced PDP governors from inception . Yaradua as PDP presidential candidates won in those states as well
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2022
abobote:
Their own. A bird at hand

Meaning Buhari, his cabal and other powerful Northerners will now vote for Atiku of PDP?

Do you know this can lead to the death of APC?

Anyway, dis is to Peter Obi's gain!

Pdp and Apc have suffered Nigerians way too much!

Let's align with Peter Obi of LP!

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:22pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubufit:

Tinubu can't get above 40% in the SW cool cool

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Vinnie2000(m): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

Oga you Sabi lieooo Katsina, Kaduna has repeatedly produced PDP governors from inception . Yaradua as PDP presidential candidates won in those states as well

Bro, From 2007 till now, Katsina has been a Powerbase of Buhari CPC and APC!
From 2015 till now, Kaduna has been APC through El-rufai!

Truth is the core north have followed Buhari since his 2003 ANPP days!

They don't like Atiku and also PDP that much!
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Tinubufit: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubu will beat Atiku in bauchi Gombe might be 50/40 though.
ImmaculateJOE:

Tinibu can't defeat him in Bauchi and Gombe.
Atiku will win slightly in Adamawa, Taraba, Gombe and Bauchi. Borno and Yobe are lockdown for Tinibu. Obi will garner more than 25% votes in Adamawa and Taraba..

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Tinubufit: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2022
I would have agree with you but with Atiku and that of Obi sensitization southwest are really waking up and is giving more advantage to Tinubu.
PaChukwudi44:

Tinubu can't get above 40% in the SW cool cool
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 7:23pm On Jun 14, 2022
Tinubufit:
Tinubu will beat Atiku in bauchi Gombe might be 50/40 though.
I doubt.. Time will tell anyways
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:33pm On Jun 14, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:

Atiku vice is going South.. Obi's vice will have little influence in the north except if Kwankwoso agrees to vice him. Him alone is selling massively in the NC and NE.
Obi doesn't need a popular or northern Vice!
Just like Barack Obama, his Name, Reputation and achievements is enough to win him the Presidential Elections!

1 Like

Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by ImmaculateJOE(m): 6:34pm On Jun 15, 2022
Vinnie2000:
Obi doesn't need a popular or northern Vice!
Just like Barack Obama, his Name, Reputation and achievements is enough to win him the Presidential Elections!
Yeah. I'm of the opinion that he forgets about kwankwoso..
Go to NE or NC and pick a VP..
Re: Presidency 2023: Who do you Think will the Northerners Prefer? by shaibu123: 6:38pm On Jun 15, 2022
Wait until labour and NNPP merge

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Is Never Too Old To Be President, I Have Met With Him -Tony Kabaka / I Did An Experiment With My Mum Concerning Peter Obi And Labour Party / Why some Nigeria Youths Are Not That Intelligent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.