Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,066 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims (10961 Views)

Suspected Owo Terror Killers Arrestsed - The Nation / ₦36 Billion NEDC Fund: As Relief Eludes Terror Victims / Osinbajo Presides As FEC Observes One Minute Silence For Borno Terror Victims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by mighty2: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2022
Three Governors have donated N75m to victims of June 5 terrorists’ attack at St Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Owo local government area.

They are Prince Dapo Abiodun (Ogun); Babajide Sanwo-Olu (Lagos) and Mallam AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq (Kwara).

They announced the donation when they paid a visit to Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu to commiserate with him on the attack.

Abiodun, who spoke on behalf of the visiting Governors, said the attack was against the entire South-West region.

Abiodun stated that Governors in the region would soon meet to take a position to further consolidate and improve security architecture in the zone.

He said: ” The news of the attack filtered in on the evening of the 5th and it came as a shock to all your brother Governors across the length and breadth of this country, but in particular those of us that come from the South-West zone. We find this attack not just an attack on the good people of Owo, or the good people of Ondo State but the entire poeple of the South-West zone.

“Of course we have met and we have condemned this act which we find as most unfortunate. Your Excellency, this is an attack too many. We know that you have been at the vanguard of ensuring peace and security for your poeple. In fact, you are the champion of the Amotekun in the South-West.

“We your brothers wonder if this is more personal because of the role you have played in ensuring that our zone is secured. One wonders if there is a particular reason this attack was launched in your hometown of Owo. We are deeply pained, we deeply saddened and we commiserate with you. We pray for the lives of the departed, we pray that the almighty God forgives their sins and accept their souls.”

Akeredolu warned that the people of the Southwest would not tolerate another unprovoked attack on the region under any guise.

[b]He said: “We are part of this country and we have always come to this country in peace and we have maintained peace. We have been trying everytime to maintain Nigeria because we believe in Nigeria. Let someone point to an incident in which we left our enclave or we left this peaceful environment and went to cause problems in other places. Let them tell us. We have come to this country in peace, and now people want to visit us with war. You want to maim and kill us; it is not easy.

“It is a dreadful assault. I said to people that if we were at war and we were armed and faced ourselves, in one day 40 poeple would not die from our side. But this is not war, we were not at war.

“This is an assault on us, on our psyche. We cannot continue this way. We believe in this place, we believe in South-Western region, we believe in Yoruba. Is Yoruba part of the Nigeria we believe in? Yes.

“If you get to the scene, I’m sure it will bring tears out of your eyes. These criminals, these animals in human skin, what they did was horrendous. They did not come to kidnap, they did not come to steal, they took no dime. They went into the church and shot at everything within their sight”‘.[/b]

https://thenationonlineng.net/sanwo-olu-abiodun-abdulrahman-donate-n75m-to-owo-terror-victims/

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Sunofgod(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Yet one man will happily waste 100 Million on election form?

11 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by ChangedMan1999(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Let me not say what that is in my mind.

Let me just remain politically correct

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by McOluOmo: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
May God continue to bless the hand that giveth....

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by lsoul: 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
lipsrsealed 9ja way always donating money when the damage has been done but cant donate money to prevent it

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Rastaramsey(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
This country is finished.....

It is as if these politicians pray for bad things to happen in order to quickly donate looted funds.....

Federal government said iswap is responsible for this while Mr fayemi who is a yourba man countered them saying they shouldn't be quick to judge grin grin grin

We know this is the handiwork of Buhari and his jhadists brothers.....

The solution to this ongoing problem is for Niggars to wake up, get their PVCs and then vote old fools out......

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Dimejimichael(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2022
Someone is about to cash out

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Viraltrends123: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Ise login Ise

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Emerald04(m): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Nice gesture..
I pray for God’s healing on this country.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by oyeb15: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hope they won't steal it
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Amotekun777: 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Good deed... but, from whose account?

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Creeza(m): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2022
Where do these politicians even see these amounts of money God!!!

Good gesture
But is there something we are not being told about the wealth in Nigeria??

Sorry to detail from the topic, I'm just curious how these men attain such amounts of money and the poor masses wallow on a daily basis of wretchedness

Something doesn't feel right in this country

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Holluwhakemmy(f): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
God bless them all, thank you
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by wasulaiman(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
May God forgives the short coming of the deceased

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by oluwaseyi0: 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
We truly appreciate them

But why are northern governors not donating

During their own disaster southern govern usually donate

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by mbahdi(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2022
Very good and comendable if it's from their pulses and not from government pulses.
But I tink d jagaban also gave dem 75million or is it same as dis 75million

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by mbahdi(m): 8:52pm On Jun 14, 2022
Gud
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by RaptObserver: 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2022
State policing is the way forward. If the candidates don't mention it, the media should remind them. It has more advantages than disadvantages.
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by duduade: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
I hope from their personal pockets
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Stargangz: 8:55pm On Jun 14, 2022
Will this donation upon donations get to the right people?

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Zelenskyy(m): 8:57pm On Jun 14, 2022
75 million from security votes accounts....

I hope it gets to the victims family members and not get Lost in transit...
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Musty112: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
I dont know about others oo but I have witnessed governor abdurahman generosity in person. Your efforts in kind and cash when my cousins were kidnapped and after their release will never be forgotten. Despite all u did, u insisted that we must not let anyone know. Typing this actually remind me of the state of mind of my family during that travail and how your intervention lifted our spirits. You did all u did not to gain political scores as you gave with your right hand without letting the left hand know.
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by sofiscatedmoron: 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by ClimaxHerbalixt(m): 8:59pm On Jun 14, 2022
Hmmm. Are we sincere with our actions?
Re: Sanwo-Olu, Abiodun, Abdulrahman Donate ₦75 Million To Owo Terror Victims by Youngwiz71(m): 9:03pm On Jun 14, 2022
If it was political form they can remove N100m and buy it just to lose.....

Anyways God bless the hands that giveth...

(1) (2) (Reply)

ECOWAS Parliament Pleads For Leniency As Ekweremadu Awaits UK Court Sentence / Daniel Reyenieju: Jibrin Is Right, 2016 Budget Was Padded / Believe It Or Not, Atiku Will Be The President-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.