Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,754 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:19 PM

"My Encounter With Peter Obi As A Student - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "My Encounter With Peter Obi As A Student (470 Views)

Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos) / Nigerians React As Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate / Atiku Picks Peter Obi As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"My Encounter With Peter Obi As A Student by Infomaz(m): 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
Copied.

My Encounters with Peter Obi as a Student.

It was a hot afternoon, and I was in my classroom ( Lake City Secondary School Nri, Anaocha LGA, Anambra State)
Suddenly, the school bell rang (an emergency call).

The entire school hurriedly assembled at the assembly ground. Lo and behold, the State Governor was in our school - in flesh and blood - unannounced. He came in a coaster bus with almost half of his commissioners.

Teachers started scampering, trying to get the students well dressed and composed to welcome the governor. Being one of the most outspoken junior students, my English teacher, within a few minutes, prepped me on how to respond to the questions the governor might ask. In case he insists on hearing from a junior student.

Mr Peter Obi, spoke to us about his plans to transform education in Anambra. He went ahead to ask us what we needed in our school. He insisted that he'll hear from the students first before the teachers. His aides were busy writing down our suggestions while he listened keenly. We asked for a computer lab with actual, functioning computers, pipe-born water, science equipment and the renovation of dilapidating blocks.

Afterwards, he inspected some of the classroom blocks that were already dilapidating, our school library and science laboratories - already taken over by weeds.

After the inspection, he promised us that the government will provide all we've asked for and he left.

Few weeks later, a team of technicians arrived at our school and commenced the borehole drilling. In a matter of days, clean water was already running.

They installed the tank and taps at different points within the school compound. The borehole was powered by solar energy. That was my first time seeing solar panels. "MDG GOAL" was boldly written on the water tank.

Before the intervention we had no free access to clean water. It's either you drank from the lake behind our school or you bought sachet water from the school canteen. Not many students could afford to buy, so a majority drank from the lake.

You can imagine our joy when water began to flow in school.

Soon after, renovation work commenced on our science laboratories and library.

The renovation was completed in a few months and the lab equipment and computer sets were set up.

Few years later, I became the Senior Prefect.

One morning, the principal called me out of the class and told me to get ready, that I'll be accompanying him to Onitsha and we'll leave in 15 minutes.

I packed my school bag and dropped it with my cousin.

When we arrived at Shanahan Hall, Holy Trinity cathedral, Onitsha, we observed that the governor had summoned the principals and Senior Prefects of all the secondary schools in Anambra.

To our amazement, he gave out cheques in millions to all the schools. I received a cheque of ₦2m on behalf of my school for the renovation of our hall.

What was awe-inspiring was that the governor gave the students his phone number and asked us to call him if we find out that our principals are not using the money given to the school judiciously.

That's the man Peter Obi.

#GetYourPVC
#VotePeterObiforpresident2023
Re: "My Encounter With Peter Obi As A Student by PresidObi: 8:06pm On Jun 14, 2022
Since the history of Nigeria, we have never had any leader as compassionate as Peter Obi.

This is the type of president that will fight with all his power to ensure the protection of the common man on every street across Nigeria.

Peter Obi has always be populist focused never tried to please the elites.

The common man should fight to ensure Peter Obi leads them, that is the only way they can enjoy government goodies.

2 Likes

Re: "My Encounter With Peter Obi As A Student by Crixxx: 8:10pm On Jun 14, 2022
PO23 has been someone who has been hardworking for the betterment of where ever he was rulling from day 1. Such a humble man.
PO23 you got the votes of my family, friends, ancestors and myself.

Allah bless you.
I am so glad Nigeria is about to have a better face that it never had for over 60 years.

(1) (Reply)

A Man's Private Part Can Never Be Long Enough / Tinubu Summits Name Of Running Mate, See Who He Is / Everything To Know About Obi's Performance As A Governor.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.