Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,066 members, 7,810,978 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters (2642 Views)

Running Mate: Atiku, PDP Panel Decide Tuesday, Tinubu May Pick A Muslim / Names Of Presidential Panel Members Probing Magu / Atiku’s Appeal: CUPP ‘leaks’ Names Of Election Petitions Panel Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by SATANICALLY666: 1:51am On Jun 15, 2022
Wike Allegedly Buys PDP Panel Members, Others With $5Million, Promises N10,000 Per Vote In 2023 To Clinch Vice-Presidential Ticket, Emerge Atiku's Running Mate | Sahara Reporters.

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has reportedly beaten Ifeanyi Okowa, his Delta state counterpart in the contest to emerge as the running mate to the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar.

However, Wike allegedly bribed the PDP panel members and some members of the National Working Committee of the party with $5 million (N2.1 billion at the official exchange rates) to beat Okowa.

The party’s National Advisory Committee had been given the task of picking the vice-presidential candidate of the PDP by the National Chairman of the party, Senator Iyorchia Ayu.

The committee was chaired by the Deputy National Chairman (North) of the PDP, Amb. Umar Iliya Damagum while its inauguration took place earlier on Tuesday at NWC Hall, National Secretariat, Wadata Plaza, Wuse Zone 5, in Abuja.

Wike had 16 votes to Okowa’s 3 votes, making the Rivers governor the winner of the contest.
But sources told SaharaReporters on Tuesday that Wike doled out $5 million and promised to pay N10,000 for each vote cast for the party in the 2023 presidential election.

“The panel was set up by the chairman and members of NWC of PDP to choose and recommend a running mate to Atiku Abubakar.

“The panel has recommended that Governor Wike should be appointed by Atiku Abubakar as his running mate. This is because of over $5 million that Governor Wike doled out to them and he promised to use Rivers State funds to buy one vote for N10,000 nationwide during 2023 general elections,”one of the sources alleged.

Another source who lamented that the PDP is desperate ahead of the next general elections, said, “The question on the lips of every Nigerian is why are PDP and Governor Wike very desperate to buy Nigeria off and return Nigeria to darker and worse ages and time?

“Atiku Abubakar will name Governor Wike ad his running mate any moment from now. lt appears that Atiku Abubakar, PDP NWC and the panel members that nominated and recommended Governor Wike to be Atiku's running mate are in a conspiracy together.
“Nigerians will surely reject the desperadoes in the 2023 Presidential election.”

Some southeasterners had hoped that the region would produce the running mate to Atiku after it lost out on producing the presidential candidate of the PDP or the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC).

http://saharareporters.com/2022/06/14/wike-allegedly-buys-pdp-panel-members-others-5million-promises-n10000-vote-2023-clinch

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by nairavsdollars(f): 1:54am On Jun 15, 2022
Rubbish

7 Likes

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by shadelek(m): 1:58am On Jun 15, 2022
Nigerian politics is all about investing through vote buying and then maximizing profits after emerging.
Only God knows what Tinubu spent to win the heart of the northerners.
No wonder they failed to perform when they eventually got to that hot seat

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Penguin2: 2:05am On Jun 15, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Rubbish

It’s possible.

It’s the reason Obi left the party for them.

I just hope it’s his personal money that Wike has been spending from buying up the PDP structures in most southern states to paying delegates thousands of dollars and now buying panel members with $5million dollars.

I will advise Atiku not to dare pick Wike as Vice because it would be disastrous.

What Atiku did to Obasanjo would be Child’s play compared to what Wike will do to Atiku.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by daddytime(m): 2:16am On Jun 15, 2022
Money miss road.

And this is the demonstration of craze day they just celebrated?

People wey get and introduce the democracy sef no dey celebrate am.

Useless people.

How much is needed again to settle the ASUU impasse and get our kids back to school?

Wasting an entire generation's patrimony to satisfy one's greedy ambition and no one is questioning or saying a word in protest.

Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by garfield1: 2:18am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

It’s possible.

I just hope it’s his personal money that Wike has been spending from buying up the PDP structures in most southern states to paying delegates thousands of dollars and now buying panel members with $5million dollars.

I will advise Atiku not to dare pick Wike as Vice because it would be disastrous.

What Atiku did to Obasanjo would be Child’s play compared to what Wike will do to Atiku.

Wike is the strongest candidate in ss but not the best.he will attract bloc votes from rivers but bayelsa,Edo,delta won't work for him.udom will be neutral...pdp will still win ss narrowly..Donald duke or udom will be a better candidate

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by daddytime(m): 2:18am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

It’s possible.

I already told someone this...

Wike to be a deputy to someone?

Lol

Na UN go dey settle their fight everyday

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Penguin2: 2:39am On Jun 15, 2022
garfield1:

Wike is the strongest candidate in ss but not the best.he will attract bloc votes from rivers but bayelsa,Edo,delta won't work for him.udom will be neutral...pdp will still win ss narrowly..Donald duke or udom will be a better candidate

You expect Udom to be neutral after losing out on both the presidency and vice presidency?

Like you said, Wike is just playing thuggery politics that won’t take him beyond Rivers.

I can assure you that Atiku will lose more votes than he would have lost if he chooses Wike as running mate.

Some northerners won’t vote Atiku because of Wike.

No South Eastern state will vote Atiku with Wike as running mate after his role in Obigbo massacre. Forget that Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu were following Wike around. Wike could buy them but he can’t buy the Igbo people.

Now, in Southsouth, Okowa will work against them in Delta.

With his running battle with Obaseki, Obaseki will work against them in Edo.

Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa and Wike no dey waka same road.

Donald Duke of Cross River already berated Atiku for contesting the presidency since 1993 without winning and advised him to rest. But I don’t know where Imoke stands. Maybe Atiku will get some votes there.

Well, maybe Udom will just stand aloof in Akwa Ibom.

Las las, Wike will only be sure of Rivers.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by BafanaBafana: 2:44am On Jun 15, 2022
Sahara....
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by BafanaBafana: 2:47am On Jun 15, 2022
daddytime:

I already told someone this...

Wike to be a deputy to someone?

Lol

Na UN go dey settle their fight everyday
Wike was chief of staff to Amaechi. He served him well.
He was a minister of education/boy to Patience Jonathan. He served her well. Wike knows how to do these things.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by garfield1: 2:48am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

You expect Udom to be neutral after losing out on both the presidency and vice presidency?

Like you said, Wike is just playing thuggery politics that won’t take him beyond Rivers.

I can assure you that Atiku will lose more votes than he would have lost if he chooses Wike as running mate.

Some northerners won’t vote Atiku because of Wike.

No South Eastern state will vote Atiku with Wike as running mate after his role in Obigbo massacre. Forget that Ugwuanyi and Ikpeazu were following Wike around. Wike could buy them but he can’t buy the Igbo people.

Now, in Southsouth, Okowa will work against them in Delta.

With his running battle with Obaseki, Obaseki will work against them in Edo.

Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa and Wike no dey waka same road.

Donald Duke of Cross River already berated Atiku for contesting the presidency since 1993 without winning and advised him to rest. But I don’t know where Imoke stands. Maybe Atiku will get some votes there.

Well, maybe Udom will just stand aloof in Akwa Ibom.

Las las, Wike will only be sure of Rivers.

I just left Maria nnachi page on fb.almost all igbos there love obi and hate wike..the north do not also like... His mouth self do not like him...him and imoke are not friends,he talked down on imoke,prefers duke to imoke and helped sandy to win gershom imoke's candidate.that is why I said wike can only produce votes from rivers...
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Fasindo: 2:48am On Jun 15, 2022
shocked

VP Wike

Karma is trully real.
PDP has giving to Atiku who will do to him X2 of what he did to Obasanjo.

Emergine Wike attend foreign programme, he may end up insulting UN representative and diplomats thinking they are APC members

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by espeeroke: 2:51am On Jun 15, 2022
Sahara Reporter at it again
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Penguin2: 2:54am On Jun 15, 2022
garfield1:

I just left Maria nnachi page on fb.almost all igbos there love obi and hate wike..the north do not also like... His mouth self do not like him...him and imoke are not friends,he talked down on imoke,prefers duke to imoke and helped sandy to win gershom imoke's candidate.that is why I said wike can only produce votes from rivers...
grin grin grin

You said “his mouth doesn’t like him” grin

Wike destroyed a lot of bridges and goodwill he enjoyed in first tenure with his mouth and arrogance. I guess he started packing a lot of dollars and lost his mind thinking money can buy all things.

Meanwhile, I’m glad you visited Maria’s page so that you can feel the undiluted and unfiltered pulse of the Ebonyi and Igbo people.

The things I tell you here are not out of emotions but out of reality on ground.

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Penguin2: 2:58am On Jun 15, 2022
BafanaBafana:

Wike was chief of staff to Amaechi. He served him well.
He was a minister of education/boy to Patience Jonathan. He served her well. Wike knows how to do these things.

Except that the Wike of those times you mentioned doesn’t seem to be the Wike we know now.

Was Wike this cantankerous in his first term? No.

Everything changed after he won his second tenure and I don’t he will change from this man he has become now.

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 2:59am On Jun 15, 2022
Buying the panel or not.
he is indirectly doing more good for the party because to me, Wike is the best man for the VP Slot forget unnecessary banters from the morons

2 Likes

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Oplomo: 3:34am On Jun 15, 2022
I knew he will use money power to bulldoze his way to get VP ticket but Wike is a disaster waiting to happen to Atiku's chances..Too bad.

Atiku must reject him if he wants to keep his 11.3 million votes intact..Wike a.k.a "give me power' will push away many Eastern and northern voters from Atiku. He can't buy these votes with money..
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by vicdom(m): 3:39am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

grin grin grin

You said “his mouth doesn’t like him” grin

Wike destroyed a lot of bridges and goodwill he enjoyed in first tenure with his mouth and arrogance. I guess he started packing a lot of dollars and lost his mind thinking money can buy all things.

Meanwhile, I’m glad you visited Maria’s page so that you can feel the undiluted and unfiltered pulse of the Ebonyi and Igbo people.

The things I tell you here are not out of emotions but out of reality on ground.
Lol.... same hurricane that will sweep uche Ekwuunife senatorial return because of her utterances against Obi. You know that my state, Anambra is APGA state. So what we all resolved earlier was to vote Obi for presidency, then vote party of your choice in other segments, but Ekwuunife's utterances would have killed most politicians individual ambitions, because people are very angry now threatening to vote labour across board. Obi's tsunami will send most politicians in Anambra state in to political oblivion come 2023. You know the funniest thing, virtually all APGA flagbearers at the lower segments, like senate, reps are all campaigning for Obi, even though there's APGA presidential candidate ooo, just to avoid backlash from the masses. If you dare campaign publicly against obi, you will kiss your seat goodbye. Whatch out, even soludo will dare not campaign against him. If Obi maintains this tempo, you will be amazed with the number of votes that will come out of the SE, and even if he doesn't win, it will send signals to PDP and APC that SE can actually produce a reasonable votes when it matters.

6 Likes

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by bastardmod: 3:54am On Jun 15, 2022
Best news. South East and greater South south is locked down for obi
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by megacity: 3:57am On Jun 15, 2022
Atiku will lose the election if he runs with Wike
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Truthisunique2: 4:02am On Jun 15, 2022
Amaechi didn't all this from bankrolling PDP national since 2015

To the billions invested in tambuwal presidency

To the billions invested in his own presidency

To the billions invested in his own vice presidency

How much you say you dey chase amaechi again for?
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Truthisunique2: 4:05am On Jun 15, 2022
Oplomo:
I knew he will use money power to bulldoze his way to get VP ticket but Wike is a disaster waiting to happen to Atiku's chances..Too bad.

Atiku must reject him if he wants to keep his 11.3 million votes intact..Wike a.k.a "give me power' will push away many Eastern and northern voters from Atiku. He can't buy these votes with money..
Yoruba man

As your muslim muslim ticket don tear you dey cry here

It's about North vs south in the north

Vp na spare Tyre

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Oplomo: 4:07am On Jun 15, 2022
Truthisunique2:
Yoruba man

As your muslim muslim ticket don tear you dey cry here

You are a lazy man. Read my post history properly with your brain switches on..No time for shalaye. grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by noleflendum: 4:43am On Jun 15, 2022
It is Wiked Wike or nothing
If IPOB terrorists hear Wiked Wike they will piss on their bodies
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 4:44am On Jun 15, 2022
noleflendum:
It is Wiked Wike or nothing
If IPOB terrorists hear Wiked Wike they will piss on their bodies
the youths are coming

they have no manifestos to campaign with apart from their usual old tribalism and tribal card tactics.

But we'll remind them that tribalism won't bring back dollars to at least 400
tribalism won't bring back fuel to 95 naira
tribalism won't send our undergraduates back to school.
tribalism won't fix our security.
tribalism won't develop our economy.

since suffering knows no tribe or religion, since we're suffering together irrespective of our tribe and religion, it's also fair if we get it right together by sending thieves and those who thinks they can rape Nigeria TURN by TURN.
Enough is Enough!!!

2023 will be the youths vs the criminals
it won't be business as usual.

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Righthussle: 4:48am On Jun 15, 2022
What was the result of Atiku/Obi ? Failure.
Atiku/Wike will hardly fail .

Wike is the second most popular politician after Tinubu in the whole of the South.

1 Like

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by rolams(m): 4:48am On Jun 15, 2022
This useless reporter again? You said GEJ was the APC anointed candidate, that he secretly submitted the APC nominationform, to be waved for screening and many other lies. Now it is Wike's turn right?

Remember Wike said, "I am not contesting to get the V.P slot"

2 Likes

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Righthussle: 4:53am On Jun 15, 2022
No, I disagree, Wike gave them 10b naira each idiots.

Only fools take this Sahara guys seriously.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by shortIGBOman: 5:15am On Jun 15, 2022
Penguin2:

It’s possible.

No dey mention Peter Obi for this forum. The man is a killer. He is responsible for killing IGBO People in the East. grin

Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Nobody: 5:40am On Jun 15, 2022
vicdom:

Lol.... same hurricane that will sweep uche Ekwuunife senatorial return because of her utterances against Obi. You know that my state, Anambra is APGA state. So what we all resolved earlier was to vote Obi for presidency, then vote party of your choice in other segments, but Ekwuunife's utterances would have killed most politicians individual ambitions, because people are very angry now threatening to vote labour across board. Obi's tsunami will send most politicians in Anambra state in to political oblivion come 2023. You know the funniest thing, virtually all APGA flagbearers at the lower segments, like senate, reps are all campaigning for Obi, even though there's APGA presidential candidate ooo, just to avoid backlash from the masses. If you dare campaign publicly against obi, you will kiss your seat goodbye. Whatch out, even soludo will dare not campaign against him. If Obi maintains this tempo, you will be amazed with the number of votes that will come out of the SE, and even if he doesn't win, it will send signals to PDP and APC that SE can actually produce a reasonable votes when it matters.

Na wetin make that long red cap wearing man, former APGA chairman Victor Umeh, sharply obtain Labour Party Senate ticket. At this rate he is looking sure to enjoy the Obi bandwagon effect to unseat Ekwunife in the Senate because presidential election and National Assembly elections are on the same day... So people would just vote Labour Party all the way.
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by Okoroawusa: 5:47am On Jun 15, 2022
Haba Saharareporters!

I am not a Wike fan but this is not fair!
Re: Wike Buys PDP Panel Members With $5M To Clinch VP Ticket - Sahara Reporters by juman(m): 5:56am On Jun 15, 2022
Our governors dey waste states money.
Apc and pdp.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Peter Obi Mega Rally Will Avoid Lekki Toll Gate Totally / Remi's Facial Expression When Asiwaju Licked A Mic He Was Asked To Test. / Hope Uzodinma Wearing A 500 Million Naira Wrist Watch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.