Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,885 members, 7,863,004 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 10:30 AM

Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today (645 Views)

South East Support: Is Yahaya Bello APC's Most Popular Candidate? / Labaran Maku The Most Popular Candidate In Nasarawa (Photos) / Lagos PDP Is Searching For A Popular Candidate To Face Ambode In 2019..see Names (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by LocalStandard1(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2022
First of all, I am not Igbo, I am a Nigerian that wants what is best for Nigeria. And since Osibanjo is out of the race the next best Candidate of any sane person should be the next best contender. Which I believe is PETER Obi.

Now, anybody that is following this presidential race bumper to bumper will agree with me that while every other candidate from the big parties are trying so hard to be noticed, to be heard and seen, the only person that has Nigerians both for and against him doing his campaign is Peter Obi.

I mean he hasn't answered any of his critiques but they just can't stop trolling and there by making him even more popular and relevant. Rino Omokri, Sowore, Bashir Ahmed, El'rufai's unruly kids, I mean plenty of them, even on here, without him paying a dime.

They talk about him even more than they talk about there preferred Candidates. Everybody wants to advise Peter Obi. They said he was foolish to decamp but if only even Osibanjo decamped it would have turned out to be the best decision as we can see.

They said he should merge with Kwankwaso. Eesh! If he won't be the presidential candidate I say he should not do that sh*t. He is far more popular than Kwankwaso at the moment, far. I mean who talks about him until when talking about a merger?

Peter Obi might not win the coming election but it is better to stand and stand with a few to try to make a difference than standing with a crowd of wolves.

Better to run the race even when there's less chance of winning than sit back and allow old thieves take the medal just for being from some certain tribe or religion, and for being rich from the wealth of the people.

I wish the Middle Belt will give this guy a chance irrespective of his tribe.
Thank you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by superlanny(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2022
I'll advise Peter Obi supporters to be cautious on this popularity tag, there are other things that win elections beyond popular, infact if it is by popular Buhari should be Emperor of the world. He has an epic popularity in failure and disaster. Well known all over the world.

Peter Obi looks like it, not sure of his chances tho, but I hope we can get it right this time. It's all in how much impact "Votes" we can make in the polls.
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by jumper524(m): 7:27am On Jun 15, 2022
All this package when una dey package Obi won't change the fact that hell come a distance third.
You see pdp or apc criticizing him?
Nah!
He ain't a treat and ain't considered onem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by God1000(m): 7:28am On Jun 15, 2022
He should form an alliance with sowore and make him his running mate, I will surely vote for them
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by REDshouse(m): 7:29am On Jun 15, 2022
@Op what's our biz if you are igbo or not ...
All I know is Obi will come a distant 3rd in the coming election and after that you guys will go back to your biafra agitation. By that time no one will take u serious..

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by Kdon2: 7:31am On Jun 15, 2022
LocalStandard1:
First of all, I am not Igbo, I am a Nigerian that wants what is best for Nigeria. And since Osibanjo is out of the race the next best Candidate of any sane person should be the next best contender. Which I believe is PETER Obi.

Now, anybody that is following this presidential race bumper to bumper will agree with me that while every other candidate from the big parties are trying so hard to be noticed, to be heard and seen, the only person that has Nigerians both for and against him doing his campaign is Peter Obi.

I mean he hasn't answered any of his critiques but they just can't stop trolling and there by making him even more popular and relevant. Rino Omokri, Aisha Yesufu, Sowore, Bashir Ahmed, El'rufai's unruly kids, I mean plenty of them, even on here, without him paying a dime.

They talk about him even more than they talk about there preferred Candidates. Everybody wants to advise Peter Obi. They said he was foolish to decamp but if only even Osibanjo decamped it would have turned out to be the best decision as we can see.

They said he should merge with Kwankwaso. Eesh! If he won't be the presidential candidate I say he should not do that sh*t. He is far more popular than Kwankwaso at the moment, far. I mean who talks about him until when talking about a merger?

Peter Obi might not win the coming election but it is better to stand and stand with a few to try to make a difference than standing with a crowd of wolves.

Better to run the race even when there's less chance of winning than sit back and allow old thieves take the medal just for being from some certain tribe or religion, and for being rich from the wealth of the people.

Thank you.

He is not even known at all!

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by abiodunalabama: 7:32am On Jun 15, 2022
Kdon2:

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by 9jii(m): 7:32am On Jun 15, 2022
You too are part of the PYRAMID Scheme this man is planning in Egypt for Nigeria.
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by Efuaye(m): 7:33am On Jun 15, 2022
Anybody still supporting the two major political parties is sick of 'Stockholm Disease' and Peter Obi should be the prescribed cure!
How Nigerians clap for the same people that plunged them into almost irrecoverable poverty beats me!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by helinues: 7:38am On Jun 15, 2022
True.. Most popular on social media

Meanwhile, elections are not won online

grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 7:39am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

grin
but you no get candidate naaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by omaclarry(m): 7:44am On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=abiodunalabama post=113816490][/quote]

The guy that sued him then should be sued by anambra Govt. For trying to subvert something good then cos he couldn't see past his nose. Anambra is one of the biggest shareholder in that brewery as of today.
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by LocalStandard1(m): 7:48am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

grin

This man. I will soon unravel your true identity here.
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by helinues: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2022
LocalStandard1:

This man. I will soon unravel your true identity here.

In late Chester Bennington's voice: What else are you waiting fooooooor

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by gambojimeta: 7:50am On Jun 15, 2022
jumper524:
All this package when una dey package Obi won't change the fact that hell come a distance third.
You see pdp or apc criticizing him?
Nah!
He ain't a treat and ain't considered onem
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by LocalStandard1(m): 7:52am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

In late Chester Bennington's voice: What else are you waiting fooooooor

I don't want to be banned, but just wait.
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by abiodunalabama: 7:53am On Jun 15, 2022
QueenOfTheCoast:
but you no get candidate naaa

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 7:54am On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=abiodunalabama post=113817025][/quote]Hahahahahaha
it's obvious they have nothing against this man.
the mai gaskiya himself
nwoke obi ya di ocha
mr "go and verify"

They tried using tribalism card, that one has already failed because this youth movement is WAZOBIA
they tried using fake news and information, faa faa foul because the man himself is "mr go and verify"
they gat nothing against him on corruption because Nigerian ROCK is the mai gaskiya and incorruptible man.
they now result to childish tantrums.
hahahahaha.
we told you guys before that they have no manifestos to campaign with apart from their usual old tribalism and tribal card.
they would have had an easy campaign with Osinbajo on the ballot because I wonder how a sane person will be campaigning against Osinbajo.
the only thing you can have against Osibanjo is his party and nothing more. but few times he headed things he proved himself within same party.
Nigerians would have has a tough choice to make between Osibanjo and Obi but they made the choice easy for the youths and the youths have chosen to pull themselves out of suffering from those who wish to molest this country "TURN BY TURN"
Suffering knows no tribe or religion
THE YOUTHS ARE COMING!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by helinues: 7:58am On Jun 15, 2022
LocalStandard1:

I don't want to be banned, but just wait.

If you don't want to be banned, then it's advisable for you to maintain your lane

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 8:01am On Jun 15, 2022
helinues:

If you don't want to be banned, then it's advisable for you to maintain your lane
bro if you can't take the heat leave the kitchen
you can't stop people from quoting you as far as they didn't broke any rules.
you can't manipulate or cajole the mods to do your bidding when you're actually worse in trolling people.

I hope the honorable mods sees through your manipulations

cc
Mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by helinues: 8:02am On Jun 15, 2022
QueenOfTheCoast:
bro if you can't take the heat leave the kitchen
you can't stop people from quoting you as far as they didn't broke any rules.
you can't manipulate or cajole the mods to do your bidding when you're actually worse in trolling people.

I hope the honorable mods sees through your manipulations

cc
Mynd44 lalasticlala Dominique

I will continue to be matured and be reporting this guy that others have also been reporting for always derailing threads and provoking other members deliberately

Mynd44
Lalasticlacla
Oamj4
Mukina
Seun
Dominique

Rule 1 and 2

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:04am On Jun 15, 2022
Food for thoughts

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by Xbobtage: 8:05am On Jun 15, 2022
LocalStandard1:

I mean he hasn't answered any of his critiques but they just can't stop trolling and there by making him even more popular and relevant. Rino Omokri, Aisha Yesufu, Sowore, Bashir Ahmed, El'rufai's unruly kids, I mean plenty of them, even on here, without him paying a dime.

Thank you.

I am not an igbo man myself and the choice of Peter Obi over the other 2 has nothing to do with tribe. People from my tribe do not have a special place where we go to buy fuel at discount prices, neither do we have different currency that we are using to buy things when we go to the market etc, Nigerias current problems has every single person on a choke hold regardless of tribe, religion or financial status.

For me the choice of Peter Obi was a very very easy and quick decision. Reason is, Once you know your problem, you know where to go for solution. If your teeth is paining you, you go to a Dentist. If have a problem with your car, you go to a mechanic. You can NOT have pain with your teeth and be going to meet your mechanic to help you. The difference between a mechanic and dentist is clear for even a new born baby to see it.

The two current Major problems this country has is Cost of Governance and Corruption. As a poor country that is lacking the most basics of infrastructure we do not and can not afford to have 48 ministers each costing billions a month just to run their office, and over 50 special assistants requiring hundreds of millions a month, Ambassadors to every unnecessary country on earth requiring hundreds of millions a month, then another set 40 something state level commissioners per state and 50 something Special advisers per state. If a lot of these offices are merged into fewer offices, Nigeria will be saving trillions per year and then those longterm politicians will be forced to enter the labor market and open businesses with their loot, thereby creating more employment. Only a stingy man at heart can understand and create this ripple effect, Obi is that man. Obi is not only a stingy man, but he a Business man, a wealth creator. He knows and understands the value of Billions and where to put it. And a stingy man because of his nature will automatically make it very difficult for corruption to thrive. If the Nigerian Military is receiving the right funding that it deserves, trust me Bokoharam and other terrorist groups in Nigeria will feel the difference. Even a lot of these terrorist and criminals you see disturbing the peace in Nigeria is cause by poverty and economic frustration. A better funded military machine and better economy is how we fight them.

Lastly, Peter Obi is a simple man, if you are a frequent flier in Nigeria, you would/could have met him as an ex governor at the airport carrying his own bag standing alone in queue like every other nigerian. Just like Dangote used to be in the 90s and 2000s. He is the only other ex-governor or High profile nigerian politician that you would have met doing that. As an older man, that is what I want my children to see, copy and emulate. We want our children to know that there is Honour in simplicity. Thats how we fight against this need to be an oppresor and Yahoo Yahoo mindset amongst our youths, by empowering simple people to leadership positions.

My Brother, Peter Obi checks every single box that we know in our conscience is the right thing to do for right now, If only God and Nigerians would make this possible.
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by LocalStandard1(m): 8:06am On Jun 15, 2022
2015 Nigerians did the unthinkable, we voted for Buhari thinking he is the real deal. Now I decided to do things differently.

A fool in his twenties is a fool for ever, a national fool in twenties is an international fool. I refuse to be foolish twice just for ethnic or religious reasons.

I repeat, If the Middle Belt will for once align with Peter Obi we will make history in this country.
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by Nobody: 8:06am On Jun 15, 2022
Food for thoughts.

1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by LocalStandard1(m): 8:08am On Jun 15, 2022
Zikojukwu:
Food for thoughts

Peter Obi!!

1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by abiodunalabama: 8:10am On Jun 15, 2022
Zikojukwu:
Food for thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by Elmojiid(m): 8:11am On Jun 15, 2022
More Popular on social media than others but not on reality
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by XerXers: 8:27am On Jun 15, 2022
[quote author=abiodunalabama post=113816490][/quote]
He was impeached twice for saving money
Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by abiodunalabama: 8:38am On Jun 15, 2022
Kdon2:

Re: Why Peter Obi Is The Most Popular Candidate In Nigeria Today by abiodunalabama: 8:41am On Jun 15, 2022
gambojimeta:

Exactly.

(1) (Reply)

Oh... Tinubu At It Again. I Can't Believe This. / ANALYSIS: 2023: What Fate Awaits APC Candidate Bola Tinubu In Northern Nigerian / Muslim-muslim Ticket: Protesting APC Members Storm Party Secretariat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.