Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,983 members, 7,866,685 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:16 PM

Add A Personal Touch To Your Home With Custom Throw Pillows - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Add A Personal Touch To Your Home With Custom Throw Pillows (277 Views)

Customized Royal Throw Pillows By Craftsandgifts (pics) / Customized Throw Pillows With Crystal Pictures & Write Ups By @craftsandgiftsng / Customized Picture Throw Pillows @craftsandgiftsng (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Add A Personal Touch To Your Home With Custom Throw Pillows by devbatch(m): 9:23pm On Jun 15, 2022
Personalizing your home can be as simple as adding one little finishing touch or it can be an entire renovation project. Either way, it’s important to personalize your home in a way that matches your taste and lifestyle. You want something that makes you happy every time you look at it! Throw pillows are the perfect way to do just that because they come in so many styles and patterns that it’s easy to find one that really fits your personality and home decor style.

What You Need
Cricut Explore, Iron-on Vinyl, Sewing Machine. TIP: Before you begin cutting out shapes, put your shape onto your pillow cover and determine where your shapes will be placed on the cover. This will ensure that you have enough space to cut out all of your shapes. You can use fusible web or double sided tape to place them on before ironing them down. I recommend using fusible web so that it doesn’t move around while you are sewing. If you don’t have access to a sewing machine, no worries! There are plenty of tutorials online showing how to sew by hand as well! I used decorative thread in contrasting colors for my stitches which gives it an extra pop but also helps hide any imperfections in my sewing job!

How to create your design
Determine what shape throw pillow cover you would like to create, and draw it on your Cricut Design Space mat. 2. Using your mat, cut out your design using a cutting tool (recommended: handheld scoring tool or sharp knife). 3. Insert your pre-made pillow insert into your finished throw pillow cover. 4. Decorate away! For example, use fabric paint pens to add designs or words. 5. Enjoy your new DIY throw pillows!

Printing your design
Shaped throw pillows are more expensive than square ones, but it’s easy to make your own. With a few basics and an inexpensive cricut machine, you can design your own covers that match any room in your home. You can even create different pillow shapes for each season! Here’s how 1. First, measure your pillow cover and cut out two pieces of fabric from a cotton or linen blend fabric using scissors or a rotary cutter. Cut one piece of fabric slightly larger than your cover (you want enough excess material to fold over) and one piece slightly smaller (this will be used as a lining). For example, if you have an 18-inch square pillow insert, cut two pieces of fabric measuring 19 inches by 19 inches.

Assembling your pillow covers
There are two ways you can do this—by hand or with your Cricut. If you’re not sure how to use your Cricut, we recommend giving it a try. It may take some practice, but it’s pretty simple and makes customizing pillow covers much easier. If you do decide to cut out your own shapes, start by tracing around your front piece on construction paper and cutting out all of your pieces. Then grab some fabric markers and get ready for some coloring!

Tips for success
Have you ever found yourself staring at a wall in your home or office and wondered, Why are there no throw pillows on that wall? Of course you have. Everyone has. And whether it’s an accent wall or just one lonely bare space, throw pillows are an easy way to add instant character and personality to your room—and take it from us: They don’t have to be expensive or difficult! With some fabric, thread, and a Cricut Explore AirTM machine (which we think is worth its weight in gold), you can make custom-shaped throw pillows for every season or occasion. Read on for our step-by-step guide to DIY throw pillow covers using Cricut fabric!

Re: Add A Personal Touch To Your Home With Custom Throw Pillows by marilynplummer3: 11:39am On Jul 04, 2022
cool! I think it is very important to put a piece of yourself into the decor of your home. Because when you do for yourself then every thing is associated with memories. I'm not a very creative person, so I often look for ideas on the website https://www.theprojectgirl.com/

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Issues With Access Bank? / CCTV Installation In Akure, Ondo. Nigeria / Perfume Business Is Paying My Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.