Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,815 members, 7,837,930 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates (1077 Views)

Meet Nigeria’s Female Governorship Running Mates (Pics) / Tinubu Rejects Lawan, Yahaya Bello As Running Mates / How The Bini Used And Sold The Igbos As Slaves For Centuries - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by Ndibuna: 6:15pm On Jun 16, 2022
PaChukwudi44:

I tireoo.It is not all Igbos that want Biafra.
Not even that. I wonder when Umahi became ebonyi. Umahi that his tenure will soon expire
Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by franchasofficia: 6:19pm On Jun 16, 2022
Eastlink:
Keep quiet clown. Election reach una begin the old trick. You think people will fall for it. Tell Atiku and PDP to find their bath towel where they dried it. Igboland and Nigerians will rather vote for Peter Obi than be scammed by their Ika sell out.
I am not here to campaign for Atiku, but don't spill rubbish because of election.

Ifeanyi Okowa is Igbo, he is my inlaw but I prefer Peter Obi to him. My preferred candidates for 2023 Presidential election are; Prof Yemi Osinbajo and Peter Obi. I am routing for Obi because Osinbajo failed to win APC ticket.

You don't like PDP or Atiku should not make you disparage Igbos outside the Southeast
Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by franchasofficia: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2022
Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by PaChukwudi44(m): 6:24pm On Jun 16, 2022
franchasofficia:
I am not here to campaign for Atiku, but don't spill rubbish because of election.

Ifeanyi Okowa is Igbo, he is my inlaw but I prefer Peter Obi to him. My preferred candidates for 2023 Presidential election are; Prof Yemi Osinbajo and Peter Obi. I am routing for Obi because Osinbajo failed to win APC ticket.

You don't like PDP or Atiku should not make you disparage Igbos outside the Southeast
I have agbor neighbours living in my neighborhood and they all identify as igbos.

I am also voting Obi over the PDP for the 2023 elections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by Nwaajasa: 6:25pm On Jun 16, 2022
Pakute:

Bearing an English name doesn't make you English. Okowa isn't ibo.
He is from Anioma. And let me remind you that Anioma are Igbo communities in Delta state, they occupied Delta north senatorial district, which consists of the Enuani, Oshimili, Aniocha, Ika, Ukwuani Ndokwa linguistic zone of Delta state. Anioma means Good land in the Igbo language
Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by paramakina202: 6:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Eastlink:
Agbor is not Igbo but Ika ethnic nation. Stop deceiving the gullible. Where have Okowa claimed to be Igbo this PDP man. So because of election we should lie to ourselves.

I won't be surprised if Okowa claims Igbo as a script to win with Atiku. Show me one occasion where Okowa affirmed his Igbo origin. Show us a quote of Okowa calling himself Igbo.

Ifeanyi Okowa whose name is Igbo,speaks Igbo and always dressed like an Igbo Chief is not Igbo, are you happy now?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by CrownOfClay724: 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2022
Eastlink:
They are Igbos in delta state I agree such as the Aniocha and Oshimilli. But just like Emefiele, Okowa is a minority from Ika ethnic nationality with Benin origin.

The Dein of Agbor affirmed the Benin origin of his people.

Meanwhile being Igbo or not should not downplay his political decision. But Okowa will do well if he affirms his Ika ethnic status rather than claim Igbo which his people have denounced.

Yenyenyen
Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by Walkee: 6:45pm On Jun 16, 2022
franchasofficia:
Stop talking nonsense. I am an inlaw to Ifeanyi Okowa, one of my elder bro married into his family and when we went for the bride price payment tradition some many years back before Okowa joined politics, the elders of their family said we are one family, that even though the River Niger separated us, that we remain one united Igbo tribe in dialect and other ways.

I don't know why many of you just cringe at the mention of Igbo even when the name and culture shows Igboness, na wa oh.

For your info, Atiku chose him cos Atiku saw him as Igbo and since he doesn't have the choice of picking from SE ever since Obi decamped, he decided to pick a Delta Igbo man to also align with Igbos.

Atiku picked him because he funded him in the primaries. Atiku is broke. He wasted his loots on his 1000 failed bids in the past. There are no Igbo politicians more refined and popular than that Okowa who isn't even popular in Delta state? Stop kidding yourself guy.
We agree he is Igbo that means two Igbos have contested as VP under Pdp now. No tears and cries for Igbo presidential candidate
Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by popez: 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2022
Eastlink:
They are Igbos in delta state I agree such as the Aniocha and Oshimilli. But just like Emefiele, Okowa is a minority from Ika ethnic nationality with Benin origin.

The Dein of Agbor affirmed the Benin origin of his people.

Meanwhile being Igbo or not should not downplay his political decision. But Okowa will do well if he affirms his Ika ethnic status rather than claim Igbo which his people have denounced.

Okonjo iweala is also from Ika, and has never denied her Igbo roots. A lot of Ika people embrace their Igbo roots too. Ifeanyi Okowa is an unapologetic Igbo man and it will boost his chances rather than diminish it.
Re: Why Is Atiku Always Choosing Igbos As Running Mates by Oplomo: 7:17pm On Jun 16, 2022
Eastlink:
Keep replying yourself with your Ndibunna handle PaChukwudi.

Okowa should contest as an Ika man and not Igbo. What is too difficult for you to comprehend?

Are you not an APC mongrel? cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPINION - Now Is The Best Time For Peter Obi To Strike / Presidential Primary Fallout: We’re Aggrieved But Will Remain In APC – Amaechi, / Tinubu's: Why Was Umahi Made Regional Coordinator (south) Instead Of Akeredolu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.