Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,188 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Getting First Job As A Developer - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Getting First Job As A Developer (1481 Views)

How Did You Land You First Job As A Self-taught Developer? / [Career Post] "What Are My Chances Of Getting A Job As A Web Developer?" / Working Or Looking For Foreign Remote Software Developer Job As A Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Getting First Job As A Developer by Hope2014(m): 9:30pm On Jun 16, 2022
My portfolio is https://osazeade-portfolio.herokuapp.com/
Please are the projects there sufficient for me to get a job. And where should I start applying thru. Some are saying LinkedIn and Indeed. Any other sure link
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 16, 2022
Nice UI for Quiz app.
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Hope2014(m): 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:
Nice UI for Quiz app.

grin thanks
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by LikeAking: 1:05am On Jun 17, 2022
Hope2014:
Please are the projects there sufficient for me to get a job. And where should I start applying thru. Some are saying LinkedIn and Indeed. Any other sure link

Dem no dey look projects employ.

If dem feel you.

Na luck.

All d best

One more thing the bosses in the housed advised we dont include self taught dev, pix and years of exp in our portfolio.

1 Like

Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by jesmond3945: 6:52pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hope2014:
you mean todo app?
Companies know people are self taught but they prefer commercial experience. They prefer that you learnt from working on the job and not through self learning or pleasure. Because you are able to meet deadlines. Start by freelancing or volunteer. Also do you have api experience like graphql and rest, can you do webpack and microservices. Do you have agile sw experience, do you have aws or azure experience? Do you postgre experience, can you use docker or kubernetes containers?
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Hope2014(m): 7:20pm On Jun 17, 2022
jesmond3945:
you mean todo app?
Companies know people are self taught but they prefer commercial experience. They prefer that you learnt from working on the job and not through self learning or pleasure. Because you are able to meet deadlines. Start by freelancing or volunteer. Also do you have api experience like graphql and rest, can you do webpack and microservices. Do you have agile sw experience, do you have aws or azure experience? Do you postgre experience, can you use docker or kubernetes containers?
Where can I start freelancing? I am thinking of Fiverr but I need to buy reviews at least two
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Playermayweda(m): 8:45pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hope2014:

Where can I start freelancing? I am thinking of Fiverr but I need to buy reviews at least two

Upwork, bur you must buy reviews, fiveer the clients will come to you, Upwork u go to the clients.
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Hope2014(m): 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2022
Playermayweda:

Upwork, bur you must buy reviews, fiveer the clients will come to you, Upwork u go to the clients.
Like how much is a review on Upwork
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by ahmedsaniadamu(m): 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2022
Hope2014:

don't buy review instead work hard to get reviews upwork willl permanently ban your account if they discovered that you are using fake reviews.
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Nobody: 5:52am On Jun 18, 2022
jesmond3945:
you mean todo app?

is this not too much for a front end developer??
or can u explain

1 Like

Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by jesmond3945: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2022
branham890:

is this not too much for a front end developer??
or can u explain
thats the minimum to land a job.
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Hope2014(m): 9:16am On Jun 18, 2022
jesmond3945:
Which kind of personal projects can I do that will use all these technologies kubernetes, microservices etc.
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Playermayweda(m): 11:16am On Jun 18, 2022
Hope2014:

Depends but the guy I met said i should bring 20 dollars
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Playermayweda(m): 11:17am On Jun 18, 2022
ahmedsaniadamu:

don't buy review instead work hard to get reviews upwork willl permanently ban your account if they discovered that you are using fake reviews.

Lol ok, that one fit work, but be ready to cry small before you see jobs
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
jesmond3945:

no be everybody sabi Rest na?
or you mean REST API??
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by jesmond3945: 9:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
branham890:

no be everybody sabi Rest na?
or you mean REST API??
yea
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Xinjin: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2022
jesmond3945:
you mean todo app?
Most time, the aforementioned are the real experience needed. knowing a programming language and building websites with it is not just enough.
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by Brukx(m): 6:47am On Jun 20, 2022
jesmond3945:
Docker, Kubernates, AWS and the other DevOps tools you mentioned are not necessities for frontend devs
Re: Getting First Job As A Developer by AmeLonRo(m): 6:14am On Jul 02, 2022
Hope2014:

Fiverr is good. You may not need to buy reviews. Promote your gig well. You will get orders. Attention buyer request. Charge low for quality work for a start.

Contact me for all your blog articles and biological sciences related assignment, proof reading and editing of write ups of all kinds, etc. 080three691098eight.

(1) (Reply)

Creating Multiple Columns In The Db / Please Help, Which Is The Best Computing Skill To Attain? / JS Or PHP Frameworks? Which One Is Better For A Newbie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.