Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State (834 Views)

Jide Adediran: My Combination With Funke Akindele Spells "Doom" For APC / Funke Akindele Nominated As Running Mate To Jandor, Lagos PDP Candidate / Adetoun Adediran Is Dead! Lagos First Female Deputy Speaker Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State by osinbanjoisaliar: 9:56pm On Jun 16, 2022
Ehen I don come again. The election guru wen him report dey PDP NWC office don show. Today pesin wen dey thirsty for knowledge give me one mighty challenge. The egbon ask me sey if I fit write report wen PDP candidate jandor fit use win election. This one na herculean task based on PDP Lagos structure and ideology. Na also very dangerous one because if e work, jandor go get tough 4years and Lagos go turn battleground for 4years. But because na challenge, make I attempt am. PDP Lagos must listen attentively to everything I wan talk. Dem must implement every one of the suggestions. If dem miss even one, na 2million votes don comot be that

(1) First and foremost to defeat APC in Lagos State, PDP must know their enemy and the battleground. PDP from the beginning has been very silly in its approach. There is no magic in APC's dominance in Lagos State. It's simple logic and understanding of the voter demography of Lagos state. Lagos state voter base(not population base) is predominantly Muslim and Awoist in nature. Lagos voter base is probably 70% Muslim and 30% Christian. So in order for PDP to be able to stand a chance of capturing Lagos state, the candidate must be muslim

(2) As I stated earlier the Lagos voter is predominantly an Awoist and not a nationalist like the PDP voter base. PDP is a nationalist party and therefore is toxic to the Lagos voter. Forget all that igbo and minority population nonsense. The Lagos voter demography is predominantly Yoruba and Muslim. For PDP to overcome this PDP Lagos must look like an independent and separate body from PDP Nigeria. Jandor must declare PDP Lagos as independent from PDP Nigeria, as an ally but not as a subdivision bound to its ideology and ramifications. If not the Lagos voter will see it as an agent of Abacha northern hegemony

(3) PDP Lagos should desist from romancing the Igbo or minorities voter base. There is no need to waste resources on voters who are already bound to you. The target should be convincing the Alimosho yoruba Muslim Godfathers on why they should switch allegiance to you. This cannot be done by bribery for they will promise you votes, eat your money and still canvass for APC. Like with any mafia boss, you have to find their weak spot and squeeze. In the case of the alimosho bosses and other local government Godfathers, it's the yoruba Muslim population

(4) PDP Lagos should also forego the masses and grassroots unicorn. The masses have no say in who becomes the Lagos governor. The target should be the political cabal and the business cabal. If PDP can convince the cabals that jandor is a safe candidate. Then he will carry the day. The pressure point once again is the yoruba muslim

(5) PDP Lagos should send bode George to the back. Baba is seen as a relic and a reminder of the military cabal that was on the neck of Lagos state. Baba can be a bridge between PDP Nigeria and PDP Lagos. But not as the face of PDP lagos

(6) That brings me to the nuclear option. As in the running mate case of APC Nigeria, the same thing applies to PDP lagos. PDP Lagos must, I repeat, must run a Muslim-muslim ticket. There is no other way. PDP Lagos political team must look as radical as possible and very different in nature and ideology from PDP Nigeria. The umbrella cannot work or perform in Lagos State. A Muslim-muslim ticket assures the voter base that PDP is now Awoist and regional, not national. If the Lagos yoruba Muslim sees this, he will start vocalizing to the godfathers that PDP Lagos is the way to go. There is a reason why Elrufai ran a Muslim-muslim ticket in Kaduna. That same reason applies in Lagos state

(7) PDP must stop all ads and public discussions about Tinubu and APC Lagos being corrupt or stealing Lagos funds. This approach does no good to their aspirations. Infact this endears the voter population to Tinubu and APC Lagos. Their Ads should be focused on preaching the benefits of Awoism and how they can bring the next level of the fruits of Awoism. They should focus on how the new PDP Lagos is yoruba in nature and wants to go back to its foundation and the plans of Awolowo for the Southwest region

(8 ) This brings me to the issue of Sanwo-olu. Luckily for PDP Lagos, APC Lagos is now tied to APC Nigeria. The pursuit of the center by Tinubu and the GAC has left a flank open for attack. That flank is managed by sanwo-olu who fortunately is a Sergeant and neither a general nor a tactician. There should be no clear attacks against the APC governor because you risk turning him into a victim or worse a matyr. All PDP Lagos has to do is show jandor as been independent from PDP Nigeria and leading a rebellion against the center irrespective of what party captures Abuja. Tinubu captured Lagos by rebelling against the center. Nothing pleases the masses better than a mutiny and rebellion against a national force.

(9) The fact is APC Lagos is right now at its weakest. Tinubu as every other Emperor before him has stretched his forces too wide and too thin. APC Lagos is trying to close the gaps but is actually exposing more leaks. APC Lagos has weakened its ties with the Lagos godfathers in order to build new bridges for his national campaign. Target this weaknesses and gaps discreetly and you will collapse APC Lagos on itself.

(10) Launch a new pan-Awoist campaign (not pan-yoruba) and envision to the Lagos Muslim voter an image of a Lagos that is strong by Awolowo standards which preaches regional strength, political and economic independence which is welcoming to foreigners but not subject to them. Let the campaign be that Lagos is first a Yoruba state and second a Nigerian state for all.

These 10 points can give Jandor momentum and later if I see PDP Lagos is interested, I will give other tips.
Re: How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State by Massiveglory: 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2022
Remove those your muslim - muslim ticket stuff. It cannot work in Lagos. Lagos is the wrongest place to run such. Lagos is not kaduna. Even in kaduna, you know the amount of blood on elrufai hands because of such move.

2 Likes

Re: How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State by Dannyset(m): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2022
You try small, but it is not as easy as you said it. It will take another 8 years to build all these, especially now that Tinubu will be the President and distraction might set In.
Re: How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State by Mynd44: 6:14am On Jun 17, 2022
Good plans but for 2027 not 2023 as parties are generally weakest when the incumbent is handing over.

And that 2027 is dependent on factors of

1. If Tinubu becomes president, how he performs
2. If he doesn't become president was he demystified?

PDP must stop playing ethnic, tribal and religious card else, they will keep losing. When have you seen any APC leader in Lagos talk tribe or religion?

As for Alimosho…….you have no idea yet. Just wait
Re: How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State by BennixB(m): 6:28am On Jun 17, 2022
Keenly observing.
Re: How Dr Abdul-lateef Olajide Adediran Aka Jandor Can Win Lagos State by limeta(f): 2:46pm On Jun 18, 2022
BennixB:
Keenly observing.

Yes what can i do for you

(1) (Reply)

Dont Touch Seun / Pretending To Be A Peter Obi Supporter And Insulting Other Tribes / Is This How Igbos Will Abandon Nnamdi Kanu To His Faith?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.