Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,877 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! (1447 Views)

Peter Obi Becoming A Household Name In The North / Why Peter Obi Becoming President Will Be A Very Bad Thing For Igbos / Kowoworola Bucknor-Akerele: North’s Rulership Has Been A Disaster For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Note: This thread is in no way trying to discredit peter obi. Read to the end to understand why i say so and read it without sentiment!

I don't think many Nigerian youths understand the deep mess they find themselves in. I know some people are just catching cruise with this whole peter obi online campaign, but for those who are serious and think peter obi is the answer to the problems of Nigeria, then sorry y'all are ignorant! Our problems are too much, been there for a long time and it's not something external that can be fixed by an individual especially a peter obi with no military background, even looks nerdy and comes from a tribe that is in the minority and UNNECESSARILY hated!

Our problems are just too much.....

From hatred and tribalism

To, Religion

To, oppression mentality (Not just politicians, the average Nigerian love to oppress others when given small power or when they think they are better than the next person)

To, the youths insatiable hunger for money that did not work for

To, "stop hating" mentality (when you call out someone whose job doesn't match the way they spend money, you will be accused of hating by the average Nigerian)

To, "as far as me and my family members are benefiting or are not affected I don't care", attitude

Etc

ITS CRAZY!!!

These are the things that are holding us back and until unlearned...........NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE GREAT! PERIOD! Especially that hatred and tribalism. Nigerians have always hated themselves, but in the late 2000s the tension kinda reduced and so the hatred was not pronounced like that until the 2015 elections, no thanks to tinubu! We have never had it this bad! See, the kind of damage the politics tinubu (because of his selfish ambition to be known as a godfather and then become president) used buhari to play in 2015, it would take years and i mean over 100 years or more to repair. Infact, many of us and our kids and grand kids would have been long gone before Nigeria gets better! Don't play yourselves!

Now let's imagine a miracle happens and peter obi becomes president of Nigeria. Judging by how Nigerians behave, this is how things would be.

Going after politicians that stole money: Buhari just like other nigeria politicians stole money (forget APC media trying to paint him as a saint), now imagine if Peter obi as president goes after buhari to recover the money stolen and use it to better the lives of Nigerians. So y'all peter obi supporters think the north who are buhari's "brothers" will be impressed with that even if they will benefit from it later? These people will see it that a "nyemiri" (like they FOOLISHLY AND STUPIDLY call igbos) is humiliating their brother. There would be so much uproar and you can guess what will happen to igbos living in the north especially where buhari is from! Same thing will happen if peter obi goes after atiku, tinubu etc. Omo, we are in deep mess!

Stopping politicians from stealing money: Let me ask you, have you ever tried taking a tasty food forcefully from the mouth of a hungry dog or lion (especially when it's enjoying the food), what do you think will happen to your hand? Your guess is as good as mine! Now let's come back. I see people on twitter trending "we no dey give shi shi" etc. So y'all think these politicians and their aides who have been chopping free money running into billions for years, will now watch a peter obi stop them just like that? They would fight back! You think all these boko haram, delta niger creek guys, Igbos etc Are all happening naturally? All these guys are being funded by big shots for their selfish gain. I see them popping out massively if Peter obi becomes president and it's the masses that will suffer. I mean we all saw what happened under Jonathan tenure and how they made it so ungovernorable.

Appointments: Peter obi looks like someone that will be fair in appointments, but there would be so many igbos that will still get offended if they see him doing things for the north and that may cause problems in the south east especially anambra where he comes from. Also, if peter obi doesn't use his power as president to try to break out of Nigeria, all these Igbos guys who have been preaching this, would still increase their attack on innocent people.

Senate and national assembly: Peter obi doesn't have close political allies like that especially in the north and south west so how will he work? Also the senate and national assembly are filled with APC and PDP members and many of them will not defect because they know free money won't be shared in labour party because of Peter obi. So you think these desperate politicians will sit down and watch a peter obi (who doesn't even have a military background at least that can make them fear and respect him) come and put laws that will better the lives of Nigerians and dry their pockets? Y'all must be joking!

So these are SOME of the reasons Peter obi being president will be a disaster for our nation. He is a good man but Nigeria is a strange country and his ambition will hurt the masses.

See, forget social media noise, forget your personal opinion, it doesn't matter! Nigeria is not going to get better in our lifetime. If you have lived abroad or currently living abroad and you see how they do things and then compare it with how Nigerians do their thing, you will agree with me that we have a very long way to go!

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
Dear south east and south south, peter obi ambition will cause lots of damage to our country! Nigeria is a strange nation and he can't handle it no matter how good his intention are! As you are getting your PVC get your VISA and japa! You have been warned! angry

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by seunmsg(m): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
He won’t be president so no point wasting time on him.

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Olachase(m): 4:50pm On Jun 17, 2022
At this stage I have no other option than to agree with ur summary

Buh abeg from Nigeria to Togo na how much, at this stage I need to relocate grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Dramadiddy(m): 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2022
All these points don’t make any sense, cos even buhari is currently doing things his people are not okay with. You can never please everyone.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 4:57pm On Jun 17, 2022
Dramadiddy:
All these points don’t make any sense, cos even buhari is currently doing things his people are not okay with. You can never please everyone.

Some of you don't think i wonder why! I said read without sentiment and you still went ahead to read with sentiment! angry This is the same thing people like you said in 2019 and yet he won and there was violent celebration in the north! You are not sharing the same country with human beings don't you get it!

Igbos are hated in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Millimann: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2022
So, if Obi's presidency according to you would be a disaster, how would you describe the presidency of Tinubu or Atiku?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Vulturereloaded: 5:02pm On Jun 17, 2022
Nigeria is already a disaster.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 5:03pm On Jun 17, 2022
Millimann:
So, if Obi's presidency according to you would be a disaster, how would you describe the presidency of Tinubu or Atiku?

Those two are from the tribe that has the numbers especially the north!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Dramadiddy(m): 5:12pm On Jun 17, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Some of you don't think i wonder why! I said read without sentiment and you still went ahead to read with sentiment! angry This is the same thing people like you said in 2019 and

yet he won and there was violent celebration in the north! You are not sharing the same country with human beings don't you get it!

Igbos are hated in Nigeria!
na you sabi, clear your eyes and get back with reality.
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Millimann: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
LesbianBoy:

Read what i wrote! No wonder many of una never get money! lipsrsealed I am not discrediting peter obi!

His presidential ambition will cause lots of bloodshed judging by what happened under jonathan!

Now, who said you are discrediting Obi? That's the problem with some of you people, you read something and assume another. I pointed out that you said his presidency would be a disaster and you are denying it, but below is what you wrote:

LesbianBoy:
[b]

So these are SOME of the reasons Peter obi being president will be a disaster for our nation. He is a good man but Nigeria is a strange country and his ambition will hurt the masses.

Lalasticlala
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 5:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
Millimann:

Now, who said you are discrediting Obi? That's the problem with some of you people, you read something and assume another. I pointed out that you said his presidency would be a disaster and you are denying it, but below is what you wrote:

i edited my post since i am surprised you still quoted it. angry
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by TheNiceGuy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2022
Writing Epistles on what will NEVER happen.

Obi won't get more than 3m votes
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 5:39pm On Jun 17, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Writing Epistles on what will NEVER happen.

Obi won't get more than 3m votes

That's why i said if a miracle happens and he becomes the president! grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 2:49pm On Jun 18, 2022
Lalasticlala

Mynd44

please take this to the frontpage so people can read
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by babasolution: 3:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
The best solution is to end Nigeria, let everyone go their hope way.Nigeria is not a country or nation

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Madmohamed123: 3:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
First of all for you to call great nndi Igbo minority you must be a foreigner and is time for you illegal immigrants to stop interfering in Nigeria affair

Dint worry obi will clean up Nigeria and send someone like you back where you come from.

It will not be business as usual we will depot all the illegal immigrants and their families back to their countries

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Tulsaguy: 3:26pm On Jun 18, 2022
K
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Strongdickfresh: 3:33pm On Jun 18, 2022
OP suppose to be chilling in any nearby psychiatric hospital. I'm 100% sure the OP has mental issues.

Maybe, the OP is high on weed, AZ and any other harmful substances. On a normal note, the OP deserve to be hospitalized for posting rubbish/nonsense.

Peter Obi is the most qualified to rule this country at this moment. The OP should be OBIdient ASAP!

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Simplelion: 3:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
LesbianBoy:

That's why i said if a miracle happens and he becomes the president! grin

If only you know you'd wish he win, leave this your long epistle, he is currently the best among the rest of the candidate.

Nigeria is currently in a very big mess no thanks to buhari and the Yoruba people that brought him to power.
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Strongdickfresh: 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2022
[[s]s]Dear south east and south south, peter obi ambition will cause lots of damage to our country! Nigeria is a strange nation and he can't handle it no matter how good his intention are! As you are getting your PVC get your VISA and japa! You have been warned! [/s][/s]

The OP and you are causing disaster already my misleading people with defamatory post/comment on Nairaland. Let me earn you and the OP, don't ever try to be stupid in your entire life. Be OBIdient, take your country back and make it a better place by voting for Peter Obi. You and the stupid OP can never stop the light from shining. You and the OP represent darkness. While the OBI Movement is light that will send all darkness away....

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by luftw4ffe: 3:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
undecided
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
What an Idiotic reasoning? What do you call the state of Nigeria now?
Because of 30k that cannot buy one bag of rice you are here spewing trash!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by DMerciful(m): 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
I couldn't read all but know that everything rises and falls on leadership.

There's no great country that did not become great because they had visionary leaders over a period of time.

Obi becoming the president would be the best thing to happen to Nigeria
LesbianBoy:
Note: This thread is in no way trying to discredit peter obi. Read to the end to understand why i say so and read it without sentiment!

I don't think many Nigerian youths understand the deep mess they find themselves in. I know some people are just catching cruise with this whole peter obi online campaign, but for those who are serious and think peter obi is the answer to the problems of Nigeria, then sorry y'all are ignorant! Our problems are too much, been there for a long time and it's not something external that can be fixed by an individual especially a peter obi with no military background, even looks nerdy and comes from a tribe that is in the minority and UNNECESSARILY hated!

To, Religion

To, oppression mentality (Not just politicians, the average Nigerian love to oppress others when given small power or when they think they are better than the next person)

To, "stop hating" mentality (when you call out someone whose job doesn't match the way they spend money, you will be accused of hating by the average Nigerian)

To, "as far as me and my family members are benefiting or are not affected I don't care", attitude

Etc

ITS CRAZY!!!

These are the things that are holding us back and until unlearned...........NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE GREAT! PERIOD! Especially that hatred and tribalism. Nigerians have always hated themselves, but in the late 2000s the tension kinda reduced and so the hatred was not pronounced like that until the 2015 elections, no thanks to tinubu! We have never had it this bad! See, the kind of damage the politics tinubu (because of his selfish ambition to be known as a godfather and then become president) used buhari to play in 2015, it would take years and i mean over 100 years or more to repair. Infact, many of us and our kids and grand kids would have been long gone before Nigeria gets better! Don't play yourselves!

Now let's imagine a miracle happens and peter obi becomes president of Nigeria. Judging by how Nigerians behave, this is how things would be.

Going after politicians that stole money: Buhari just like other nigeria politicians stole money (forget APC media trying to paint him as a saint), now imagine if Peter obi as president goes after buhari to recover the money stolen and use it to better the lives of Nigerians. So y'all peter obi supporters think the north who are buhari's "brothers" will be impressed with that even if they will benefit from it later? These people will see it that a "nyemiri" (like they FOOLISHLY AND STUPIDLY call igbos) is humiliating their brother. There would be so much uproar and you can guess what will happen to igbos living in the north especially where buhari is from! Same thing will happen if peter obi goes after atiku, tinubu etc. Omo, we are in deep mess!

Stopping politicians from stealing money: Let me ask you, have you ever tried taking a tasty food forcefully from the mouth of a hungry dog or lion (especially when it's enjoying the food), what do you think will happen to your hand? Your guess is as good as mine! Now let's come back. I see people on twitter trending "we no dey give shi shi" etc. So y'all think these politicians and their aides who have been chopping free money running into billions for years, will now watch a peter obi stop them just like that? They would fight back! You think all these boko haram, delta niger creek guys, Igbos etc Are all happening naturally? All these guys are being funded by big shots for their selfish gain. I see them popping out massively if Peter obi becomes president and it's the masses that will suffer. I mean we all saw what happened under Jonathan tenure and how they made it so ungovernorable.

Appointments: Peter obi looks like someone that will be fair in appointments, but there would be so many igbos that will still get offended if they see him doing things for the north and that may cause problems in the south east especially anambra where he comes from. Also, if peter obi doesn't use his power as president to try to break out of Nigeria, all these Igbos guys who have been preaching this, would still increase their attack on innocent people.

Senate and national assembly: Peter obi doesn't have close political allies like that especially in the north and south west so how will he work? Also the senate and national assembly are filled with APC and PDP members and many of them will not defect because they know free money won't be shared in labour party because of Peter obi. So you think these desperate politicians will sit down and watch a peter obi (who doesn't even have a military background at least that can make them fear and respect him) come and put laws that will better the lives of Nigerians and dry their pockets? Y'all must be joking!

See, forget social media noise, forget your personal opinion, it doesn't matter! Nigeria is not going to get better in our lifetime. If you have lived abroad or currently living abroad and you see how they do things and then compare it with how Nigerians do their thing, you will agree with me that we have a very long way to go!

Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by DMerciful(m): 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
You consider yourself informed yet unaware the Igbos are the second largest nationality in Nigeria!

You also think any one nationality can make themselves president? If there's any tribe that can make themselves president, its the Igbos because of their spread
LesbianBoy:

Those two are from the tribe that has the numbers especially the north!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by omoharry(f): 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2022
LesbianBoy:

To, Religion

Etc

ITS CRAZY!!!

Lalasticlala
The so called Buhari with a military background and an Ex General to crown it all turned out worse than GEJ regime . Insecurity is at its highest under an ex general who does not have a clue on how to take these monsters . How has Buhari fared thus far ? Is the country not worse than when GEJ without any military background was in charge ?
All what you said is possible but it won't turn out as you have predicted .
Obi can decide to focus on making Nig a productive nation by first fixing our power problems to kick start the nation from the consumption country that we are into a productive one .Trust me, if this alone can be fixed in his first tenure, it will change the tide of the country.

In the areas of fighting corruption,he need not start with going after corrupt politicians across board and disabilizing his govt. He can decide to create an institution that will reduce corruption.. this means that public officials will have less contact with people to bribe them and money to steal . There are many ways to solve problems..which can get the country going without heating up & distabilizing the polity.That is my two coin..
So, if Obi is not an option ,what other options among the contestants across various parties would you suggest would at least address our problems? Tinubu,Atiku, Sowore? Which of them ?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 4:44pm On Jun 18, 2022
Simplelion:

If only you know you'd wish he win, leave this your long epistle, he is currently the best among the rest of the candidate.

Nigeria is currently in a very big mess no thanks to buhari and the Yoruba people that brought him to power.

This is the problem with some of you. You didn't even read to the end. If you have read to the end, you would have seen where I said peter obi is the best but these desperate politicians will not allow him enter and even if he enters just get ready for boko haram and the likes springing out again. These terrorists are funded by people behind the scenes. They will frustrate Peter obi just like they did to Jonathan and it's the masses that will suffer
Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by ezegold4we: 4:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Come 2023 election, Peter Obi and other aspirants will be a choice voters will need to make between
light and darkness,
evil and good,
better Nigeria and failed Nigeria,
prosperity and poverty, security and insecurity, good economy and bad economy,
Peter Obi represents light, I can't see light and follow darkness, only a blind man will do that.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by ezegold4we: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2022
This OP isn't intelligent at all, we need to review ur academic credentials

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by Jlow2: 4:56pm On Jun 18, 2022
He will only be a disaster to the looting of your principals, what is more disastrous than the last 7years, rice from 7k to 30k, desiel from 280- 750, electricity 1k for 32units - 1k for 8units, people kidnapped everywhere and everyday with out resistance from security agents, nothing good can come from AL-QAEDA PEOPLE'S Congress- apc and pdp

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Becoming The President Of Nigeria Would Be A Disaster For Nigeria! by LesbianBoy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 18, 2022
Goldenkrezi:

Which useless front page...
This rubbish is not Front page content alaye

What do you know. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (Reply)

Niger Republic Takes Delivery Of ₦1.4b Vehicles Approved By APC Govt [VIDEO] / Thugs Attacked Disabled Northern Obi Supporter For Advertising Obi In Lagos / Peter Obi Needs To Withdraw From The Race ....... An Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.