Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? (434 Views)

Difference Between 2015 And 2019 Postponement Of Elections / Onnoghen: Supreme Court Justices Shun Inauguration Of Elections Tribunal / Buhari's China Trip Is To Plot Rigging Of 2019 Elections, Saraki’s Removal- Timi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by hollandis(f): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2022
I like the sensationalism and hype the next election is causing but will it prevent the next election from rigging ?
For a country that cannot give power, education and good road ,A country where bribery and corruption is the new law and order ,how will having a PVC change anything ? Was it not the same INEC that said there was no server ?

Please some one should come and help me understand this so it can make sense

1 Like

Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by 4teenblaq: 10:23pm On Jun 17, 2022
hollandis:
I like the sensationalism and hype the next election is causing but will it prevent the next election from rigging ?
For a country that cannot give power, education and good road ,A country where bribery and corruption is the new law and order ,how will having a PVC change anything ? Was it not the same INEC that said there was no server ?

Please some should come and help me understand this

I heard they did some changes like e-accreditation of votes. That is as you vote, your vote is being counted electronically and display to the public.. I think so..
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Two02: 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
No; not a full no tho, because it's in several ways when we say rigging with do we really mean. There are several forms of rigging examples are.
BUYING OF VOTES: Having your PVC won't prevent politicians from buying the votes of the electorates at the polling unit. Such problems can only be stopped when, security men insists party agents must be absent from the polling unit and voters are resilient on the choice of their candidates.

HARASSMENT OF VOTERS WITH ARMED MILITARY PERSONNEL: This can't be stopped by owning of PVC'S. It can only be stopped by the government itself.

ABNORMAL CANCELLATION OF RESULTS: Can't be stopped by owning a PVC.

The truth is that your vote actually counts if your vote doesn't count politicians won't even bother to buy your votes. The way rigging works is mainly from the First and Last examples I cited previously. Buying Votes and abnormally cancelling votes is the basic way of rigging an election. The best way to stop rigging is to stop selling your votes to politicians

2 Likes

Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Risentouch(m): 10:24pm On Jun 17, 2022
Fact remains that hunger will be used as a weapon for vote buying.
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2022
Risentouch:
Fact remains that hunger will be used as a weapon for vote buying.

People are wiser now. If you give me money, I’d collect it and still vote Peter Obi. After all pdp and apc dey owe me better money..

All their years of misrule, they need to pay.

2 Likes

Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Bastard1stborn: 10:32pm On Jun 17, 2022
No!

No is the only answer without explanation to avoid wasting of time and typing effort like mine.

No is the acceptance and validation of response to any question or inquiry made to certify a decision with an effect that holds no water. I mean having pvc is just like farting in the wind.. It makes no changes
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by LaconicINC: 10:33pm On Jun 17, 2022
4teenblaq:

I heard they did some changes like e-accreditation of votes. That is as you vote, your vote is being counted electronically and display to the public.. I think so..

I hope so
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Risentouch(m): 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2022
Ddeliverer007:

People are wiser now. If you give me money, I’d collect it and still vote Peter Obi. After all pdp and apc dey owe me better money..

All their years of misrule, they need to pay.

60% of our votes are decided by the illiterates and old people at home who are finding it hard to see one square meal, people who wouldn't mind selling their vote for ₦100. If you understand what I meant.
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by hollandis(f): 10:40pm On Jun 17, 2022
Bastard1stborn:
No!

No is the only answer without explanation to avoid wasting of time and typing effort like mine.

No is the acceptance and validation of response to any question or inquiry made to certify a decision with an effect that holds no water. I mean having pvc is just like farting in the wind.. It makes no changes

Your answer makes no sense
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Ddeliverer007(m): 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2022
Risentouch:

60% of our votes are decided by the illiterates and old people at home who are finding it hard to see one square meal, people who wouldn't mind selling their vote for ₦100. If you understand what I meant.

Bro’s, that was then. People are wiser now. Everybody eyes don open.
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by hollandis(f): 10:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
Two02:
No; not a full no tho, because it's in several ways when we say rigging with do we really mean. There are several forms of rigging examples are.
BUYING OF VOTES: Having your PVC won't prevent politicians from buying the votes of the electorates at the polling unit. Such problems can only be stopped when, security men insists party agents must be absent from the polling unit and voters are resilient on the choice of their candidates.

HARASSMENT OF VOTERS WITH ARMED MILITARY PERSONNEL: This can't be stopped by owning of PVC'S. It can only be stopped by the government itself.

ABNORMAL CANCELLATION OF RESULTS: Can't be stopped by owning a PVC

Thanks for the clarification

1 Like

Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by hollandis(f): 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2022
4teenblaq:

Are you sure about this?

But does it still prevent rigging like stuffing of papers in the ballot boxes
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Bastard1stborn: 10:49pm On Jun 17, 2022
hollandis:

Your answer makes no sense

Just like your naming ceremony didn't make sense
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by 4teenblaq: 11:06pm On Jun 17, 2022
hollandis:

Are you sure about this?

But does it still prevent rigging like stuffing of papers in the ballot boxes

I don't really know much on that.. I will research more on it.
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by ajekpaks(m): 11:42pm On Jun 17, 2022
hollandis:

Please some one should come and help me understand this so it can make sense

It won't per say... but the idea is that getting your PVC means being actively involved in the election process...

rigging happens when the few who come out are easily bought, but when more people participate, it'll not only be more difficult to rig it'll also be more expensive for the rigger as well.

so even though it won't stop it, it'll reduce it... the little difference might mean a lot...
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by hollandis(f): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2022
ajekpaks:

It won't per say... but the idea is that getting your PVC means being actively involved in the election process...

rigging happens when the few who come out are easily bought, but when more people participate, it'll not only be more difficult to rig it'll also be more expensive for the rigger as well.

so even though it won't stop it, it'll reduce it... the little difference might mean a lot...

Sorry are you saying you are.not aware of ballot stuffing?

Are you aware that some locations in the country will intentionally or unintentionally have the electronic voting process?

And there will be stuffing of ballots when it moves to paper
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by r4bbit: 1:04pm On Jun 18, 2022
Two02:

ABNORMAL CANCELLATION OF RESULTS: Can't be stopped by owning a PVC.

The truth is that your vote actually counts if your vote doesn't count politicians won't even bother to buy your votes. The way rigging works is mainly from the First and Last examples I cited previously. Buying Votes and abnormally cancelling votes is the basic way of rigging an election. The best way to stop rigging is to stop selling your votes to politicians

Dude I like hw u put it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 18, 2022
hollandis:

Sorry are you saying you are.not aware of ballot stuffing?

Are you aware that some locations in the country will intentionally or unintentionally have the electronic voting process?

And there will be stuffing of ballots when it moves to paper

That would not happen in 2023. Such polling units will be cancelled if the vote counted doesn't tally with votes accredited.
Re: Will Having PVC Stop Rigging Of Elections? by LaconicINC: 2:02pm On Jun 18, 2022
This is a tough one to be honest

(1) (Reply)

Teachers To Get Minimum Wage Of N24 Million Annually With Effect From July, 2022 / Peter Obi Supporters In Benue State / Shettima: Things To Know About Tinubu’s Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.