Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:36 PM

How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku (1461 Views)

Come And Debate, Atiku Has Visited US, Fayose Tells Buhari / Tinubu Can’t Represent You At Next Week’s Presidential Debate, Atiku Warns Buhar / I Can’t Wait For Presidential Debate - Atiku Reacts To Peter Obi's Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 12:21pm On Jun 18, 2022
I would really want to see a debate between Peter Obi of Labour and Atiku AbubKar of PDP.

Most of us recall that the two ran together with Atiku as Presidential candidate and Obi as Vice Presidential candidate, just three years ago. They both ran on the platform of PDP.

They ran with the same ideology, promises, manifesto and Peter Obi campaigned vigorously for Atiku. Make no mistake; people vote for a president, the Vice President is just like a spare tire. Peter Obi believed in Atiku and Atiku’s vision for Nigeria just three years ago but they lost.

As we started 2022, Peter Obi delayed his decision to run but eventually ran because he was pressured to do so. Most people believed he just wanted to be Atiku’s vice again and was never really a serious contender for the party ticket. Obi toured the states under the platform of PDP but did not go to Adamawa in respect for Atiku. When Atiku won the primaries, Obi was one of the first to congratulate Atiku, calling him his leader and elder brother.

So how does obi win Atiku in a debate. Atiku has too much on him.
1. Just three years ago he ran under Atiku’s ticket. He believed in Atiku’s dream. Obviously he did not think Atiku was corrupt. He did not think Atiku was sharing dollars. He did not think Atiku or PDP was one of the problems of Nigeria. Rather he believed Atiku was the solution. So what has suddenly changed now?

2. Just one month ago Peter Obi was still a member of PDP. He has spent 7 years in PDP and was Vice Presidential candidate. One month ago he was still going around begging PDP delegates to vote for him. Just one month ago. He even pledged to support the winner of the PDP primaries. How does he then turn around and call them thieves, useless, corrupt etc. Peter Obi’s followers are young and naive, which I understand but Peter Obi himself knows he cannot make those statements publicly.

Atiku will destroy Obi in a debate. Even Obi just called Atiku his leader and elder brother two weeks ago. He can’t even publicly talk back at Atiku because he was only hoping to be Atiku’s vice.

I will like to see a one on one debate between Atiku and Peter Obi. Atiku will just call him “my boy”

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by ygowon: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
Wait till the time comes. Very likely, the old men may not like to debate with Obi just as Buhari didn't debate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by duro4chang(m): 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2022
That's easy now. The people we used to call killers, almajiri, gworo eater we now call them our brothers from the north. We are even ready to work with them now. We are ready to align with them so that we can win election. How much of secession do you hear nowadays?

42 Likes

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by ygowon: 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2022
Las Las, this country will breakup in 2023

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Jlow2: 12:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
If it comes to problems of nigeria and show to solve it obi will blast all the candidates with only 5minutes in debate
Only were other candidates will do better is in looting and buying of delegates, Obi 2023!!!

10 Likes

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
duro4chang:
That's easy now. The people we used to call killers, almajiri, gworo eater we now call them our brothers from the north. We are even ready to work with them now. We are ready to align with them so that we can win election. How much of secession do you hear nowadays?

I see a lot of that already. Now they are expecting youths from the North to vote their candidates. They are no longer almajiri and gworo eaters.

These same people just two months ago were cursing Amina Yesufu when she said APC and PDP were the same. They cursed her out saying PDP was far better than APC.

Now that Peter Obi did not get the ticket, they are now saying APC and PDP are the same. They are only deceiving themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jun 18, 2022
TooNoisy:
I would really want to see a debate between Peter Obi of Labour and Atiku AbubKar of PDP.

Most of us recall that the two ran together with Atiku as Presidential candidate and Obi as Vice Presidential candidate, just three years ago. They both ran on the platform of PDP.

They ran with the same ideology, promises, manifesto and Peter Obi campaigned vigorously for Atiku. Make no mistake; people vote for a president, the Vice President is just like a spare tire. Peter Obi believed in Atiku and Atiku’s vision for Nigeria just three years ago but they lost.

As we started 2022, Peter Obi delayed his decision to run but eventually ran because he was pressured to do so. Most people believed he just wanted to be Atiku’s vice again and was never really a serious contender for the party ticket. Obi toured the states under the platform of PDP but did not go to Adamawa in respect for Atiku. When Atiku won the primaries, Obi was one of the first to congratulate Atiku, calling him his leader and elder brother.

1. Just three years ago he ran under Atiku’s ticket. He believed in Atiku’s dream. Obviously he did not think Atiku was corrupt. He did not think Atiku was sharing dollars. He did not think Atiku or PDP was one of the problems of Nigeria. Rather he believed Atiku was the solution. So what has suddenly changed now?

2. Just one month ago Peter Obi was still a member of PDP. He has spent 7 years in PDP and was Vice Presidential candidate. One month ago he was still going around begging PDP delegates to vote for him. Just one month ago. He even pledged to support the winner of the PDP primaries. How does he then turn around and call them thieves, useless, corrupt etc. Peter Obi’s followers are young and naive, which I understand but Peter Obi himself knows he cannot make those statements publicly.

Atiku will destroy Obi in a debate. Even Obi just called Atiku his leader and elder brother two weeks ago. He can’t even publicly talk back at Atiku because he was only hoping to be Atiku’s vice.

I will like to see a one on one debate between Atiku and Peter Obi. Atiku will just call him “my boy”
hold you peace till that day grin cheesy you will go and verify how it is going to be

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by duro4chang(m): 12:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
TooNoisy:

I see a lot of that already. Now they are expecting youths from the North to vote their candidates. They are no longer almajiri and gworo eaters.

These same people just two months ago were cursing Amina Yesufu when she said APC and PDP were the same. They cursed her out saying PDP was far better than APC.

Now that Peter Obi did not get the ticket, they are now saying APC and PDP are the same. They are only deceiving themselves.
No mind them. Northerners are no more killers, almajiri, illiterates, killer herdsmen. They are our brothers from the north.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Unzerious: 12:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
That's easy.

Obi: You shared Dollars in 2007, 2011, 2015, 2019 and 2023; are you a Dollar Reserve? undecided

Atiku: lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 1:28pm On Jun 18, 2022
Jlow2:
If it comes to problems of nigeria and show to solve it obi will blast all the candidates with only 5minutes in debate
Only were other candidates will do better is in looting and buying of delegates, Obi 2023!!!

If Atiku was such a looter, why did Peter obi run with him in 2019. If PDP was such a visionless and useless Party, why did Peter Obi stay there for seven years and only left one month ago when it was obvious he was going to be disgraced at the primaries.

If Peter Obi had a chance of winning, would he have left? Were you all not singing the praises of PDP just a month ago. Now they are looters. Keep deceiving yourselves there. All you are after is an Igbo presidency.

I only pity the small Yoruba youth forming woke and supporting Peter Obi online. But I suspect most of them are just catching cruise and doing it for the likes on Social media. In the end, they will not vote him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Jlow2: 1:51pm On Jun 18, 2022
TooNoisy:

If Atiku was such a looter, why did Peter obi run with him in 2019. If PDP was such a visionless and useless Party, why did Peter Obi stay there for seven years and only left one month ago when it was obvious he was going to be disgraced at the primaries.

If Peter Obi had a chance of winning, would he have left? Were you all not singing the praises of PDP just a month ago. Now they are looters. Keep deceiving yourselves there. All you are after is an Igbo presidency.

I only pity the small Yoruba youth forming woke and supporting Peter Obi online. But I suspect most of them are just catching cruise and doing it for the likes on Social media. In the end, they will not vote him.
if you lyk support your ancestors like you did in 2015, we will meet at the pools come 2023, before nigeria can be changed electorate's must be changed too, that why u see the surge for PVC , I am not the the cos bro

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by jimyjames(m): 2:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
TooNoisy:

Political debate is not about attacking your rival, it's about telling the masses what you have to offer, just because obi left PDP doesn't mean PDP is his enemy , atiku is not his enemy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by nnofaith: 2:20pm On Jun 18, 2022
Nobody is talking about mazi Nnamdi Kanu again! Until after the erection.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2022
jimyjames:

Political debate is not about attacking your rival, it's about telling the masses what you have to offer, just because obi left PDP doesn't mean PDP is his enemy , atiku is not his enemy

It is now that you know that. You Peter Obi supporters have spent the last 6 months attacking anyone that does not support Peter Obi. You have cursed, threatened and bullied people. But now you suddenly realise it is not about attacks. Kwontinu

2 Likes

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
nnofaith:

They will revisit Nnamdi Kanu in February after the lose woefully. It would be- Biafra or we burn the zoo. They no longer call Nigeria a zoo... abi Nigeria is no longer a zoo. I laugh in Igbo. Peter Obi is winning abi.

I am sure Nnamdi Kanu will just get a deal with Nigeria government, get paid and forget the struggle. He cannot kill himself for people who don't give a damn.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 18, 2022
Obi will campaign intelligently.... He knows exactly what to say in a debate.
Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Greatkenny2: 3:15pm On Jun 18, 2022
TooNoisy:

It is now that you know that. You Peter Obi supporters have spent the last 6 months attacking anyone that does not support Peter Obi. You have cursed, threatened and bullied people. But now you suddenly realise it is not about attacks. Kwontinu
yeah and rightly so, they would defend obi’s mandate at any cost...you better stop opening stupid and divisive threads or receive worse

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Tenses: 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2022
I tire laff anytime I hear mischievous critics say Mr. Peter Robin's supporters are rude and blah, blah, blah.

See, PO supporters are majorly the youth. If you had have the privilege of becoming ordinary class prefect talk more of class rep in uni, you'd know that in a gathering of youths there are the calm and articulate ones, there are the shy and docile ones, there are the outspoken and sharp mouthed and there are the hot headed and no joy ones.

You can not change that fact.

You think the war before us is for gentlemen. Don't be deceived my people. They are only scared of the new found voice and togetherness of Nigeria youths.

They say Igbos called Nigeria the zoo and I say show me where Mr. Peter Obi refered Nigeria to a zoo.

They got nothing, absolutely nothing on Mr. Peter Obi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by buckeyemedia: 3:54pm On Jun 18, 2022
Jlow2:
If it comes to problems of nigeria and show to solve it obi will blast all the candidates with only 5 minutes in debate
Talk is cheap Mr Jlow2.

1 Like

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by buckeyemedia: 3:58pm On Jun 18, 2022
Jlow2:
if you lyk support your ancestors like you did in 2015, we will meet at the pools come 2023, before nigeria can be changed electorate's must be changed too, that why u see the surge for PVC , I am not the the cos bro
Corrupt children acquiring PVC’s can only elect corrupt leaders.

Yeshua best said it, a bad tree can never yield good fruits.

1 Like

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by buckeyemedia: 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2022
nnofaith:
His people have betrayed him like the Jews did to Moses on Mount Sinai.

Like Moses & the back stabbers never saw the promised land, so will so called Obidients, ipobians & Mazi Kanu never See Biafra or enter Aso Rock.

1 Like

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by abobote: 4:07pm On Jun 18, 2022
There's nothing there, moreover Peter is not known for using foul words.
He will accord them their deserve respect as elders while making his point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by buckeyemedia: 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2022
abobote:
There's nothing there, moreover Peter is not known for using foul words.
He will accord them their deserve respect as elders while making his point
Tinubu & Atiku will shun him, what do they have to gain by engaging a Basketmouth? They can get one of their presumed Minister delegates to that on their behalf if they wish to.

Let Peter Obi go & debate with Sowore & Dumebi Kachikwu.

1 Like

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by gidgiddy: 4:12pm On Jun 18, 2022
TooNoisy:

I dont think the debate will be much of an issue since neither Atiku nor Peter Obi are in power

In political debates, it is the incumbent, or incumbent party that feels the heat

Peter Obi will simply say that he has since develped a seperate vision for Nigeria from the one him and Atiku once shared.
Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by ezegold4we: 4:13pm On Jun 18, 2022
This OP,pls Next time,come up with intelligent topic,
Now listen,Obi and other aspirants is a choice voters need to make between light and darkness, evil and good, better Nigeria and failed Nigeria, prosperity and poverty, security and insecurity, good economy and bad economy,
It's not a matter of debate becos From what I'm seeing, PDP and APC might not like to face Peter Obi for Presidential debate and that will be the beginning of their downfall,
This election is between Nigerian citizens crying for real change especially the youths versus PDP and APC, Peter Obi is just The vehicle carrying the Nigerian masses to Their expected destination.
Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by buckeyemedia: 4:14pm On Jun 18, 2022
gidgiddy:

I dont think the debate will be much of an issue since neither Atiku nor Peter Obi are in power

In political debates, it is the incumbent, or incumbent party that feels the heat

Peter Obi will simply say that he has since develped a seperate vision for Nigeria from the one him and Atiku once shared.
Ok whose vision changed his own or Atiku’s?

So Pandora Pete was deceiving you in 2019, what is he promising today, that he did not promise with Atiku & pdp?

1 Like

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by buckeyemedia: 4:19pm On Jun 18, 2022
ezegold4we:
Now listen,Obi and other aspirants is a choice voters need to make between light and darkness, evil and good, better Nigeria and failed Nigeria, prosperity and poverty, security and insecurity, good economy and bad economy,
It's not a matter of debate becos From what I'm seeing, PDP and APC might not like to face Peter Obi for Presidential debate and that will be the beginning of their downfall,
This election is between Nigerian citizens crying for real change especially the youths versus PDP and APC, Peter Obi is just The vehicle carrying the Nigerian masses to Their expected destination.
Please name any Aspirant that you know that won a presidential debate in Nigeria that eventually became the President of The Republic?
Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2022
ezegold4we:

Stop writing rubbish. You are looking for a change from PDP but you want to vote for a man who had been in the PDP for the past 7 years. You want to vote for a man who was the PDP vice presidential candidate in 2019. You want to vote for a man who was running to be the PDP presidential flag bearer upto one month ago. He only left when he could not win.

I see you really want a change from PDP and that is why you are voting for a PDP man through and through. Just call this a clamour for Igbo presidency because that is what it is. Peter Obi is no different from Atiku and you all know it. He is a PDP man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Ok whose vision changed his own or Atiku’s?

So Pandora Pete was deceiving you in 2019, what is he promising today, that he did not promise with Atiku & pdp?

And when did the vision change from PDP's vision. This man was still running for PDP flag bearer upto one month ago and now he is the change agent who is helping to fight PDP.

His followers must really think we are silly like them. Peter Obi is a corrupt politician like Atiku... no difference between them. The clamour is just for Igbo presidency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by Jlow2: 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2022
buckeyemedia:
Talk is cheap Mr Jlow2.
including the one you just said
Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by MajohBankz: 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2022
I will reply you when I know the objectives of this thread. I've gone through some already and you're talking on the moral right obi has to stand against atiku in debate instead of the points he'll have to make a better debate.

So are you blackmailing obi for once being with atiku and pressing home his candidacy or are you saying you dislike obi
Re: How Would Peter Obi Debate Atiku by TooNoisy(f): 4:59pm On Jun 18, 2022
MajohBankz:
I will reply you when I know the objectives of this thread. I've gone through some already and you're talking on the moral right obi has to stand against atiku in debate instead of the points he'll have to make a better debate.

So are you blackmailing obi for once being with atiku and pressing home his candidacy or are you saying you dislike obi

You have read the topic and the responses. Respond if you want to!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Lament Filling car Tank With 121,600 Naira In UK / Baba-ahmed: 7 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Peter Obi’s Running Mate / Reasons Why Peter Obi Must Not Win The 2023 Presidential Election(Opinion)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.