Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,266 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, (1617 Views)

Umuahia Police SARS Chased A Guy With Lexus Salon Car Into The Gutter... / Outrage As Police Officers Manhandle A Black Woman In US (Photos) / AAU Student Who Fell Inside Well After Being Chased By SARS (More Graphic Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by panafrican(m): 2:09am On Jun 19, 2022

White Parents Rallied To Chase A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, They Followed Her To The Next One.
In April of 2021, Cecelia Lewis had just returned to Maryland from a house-hunting trip in Georgia when she received the first red flag about her new job.
[.,,]

Lewis was beginning to prepare for her move South, spending as much time with friends and family as possible, when she got a strange call from an official in her new school district. The person on the line — Lewis won’t say who — asked if she had ever heard of CRT.

Lewis responded, “Yes — culturally responsive teaching.” She was thinking of the philosophy that connects a child’s cultural background to what they learn in school. For Lewis, who’d studied Japanese and Russian in college and more recently traveled to Ghana with the Fulbright-Hays Seminars Abroad program for teachers, language and culture were essential to understanding anyone’s experience.

At that point, she wasn’t even familiar with the other CRT, critical race theory, which maintains that racial bias is embedded in America’s laws and institutions and has caused disproportionate harm to people of color. In a speech the previous fall, then-President Donald Trump condemned CRT as “toxic propaganda” and “ideological poison.”

The caller then told Lewis that a group of people in a wealthy neighborhood in the northern part of the county were upset about what they believed were her intentions to bring CRT to Cherokee County. But don’t worry, the district official said; we just want to keep you updated.

The following month, inside a gabled white clubhouse overlooking the hills of a Cherokee County golf course, dozens of parents from across the county had assembled on a Sunday afternoon for a lesson in an emerging form of warfare. School board meetings would be their battlefield. Their enemy was CRT.

Continue reading.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white-parents-rallied-to-chase-a-black-educator-out-of-town-then-they-followed-her-to-the-next-one/ar-AAYyiiU?ocid=uxbndlbing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVkTQVU_fg
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by Faraday1997: 8:22am On Jun 19, 2022
[quote author=panafrican post=113940353]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOVkTQVU_fg[/quowte]
So bad
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by Faraday1997: 8:23am On Jun 19, 2022
This world is really sick
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by Nobody: 8:57am On Jun 19, 2022
You have to be really dumb and stùpid to be a racist
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 19, 2022
We have tribalism in Nigeria which is worse than racism
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by panafrican(m): 6:09pm On Jun 19, 2022
Skyview01:
We have tribalism in Nigeria which is worse than racism
Lies.
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by ZaddyJ: 4:15am On Jun 20, 2022
panafrican:

Lies.

Very true dear.. ....at least everyone knows that in racist society blacks re always the victim the most targeted victims but u will surely survive with getting ,jobs ,getting a better life etc

but in a tribal differences society u re sure to the opposite of the aforementioned things u stand to gain a society rich in oil and gas. I can tell you about someone I often share my experience with who is an American.
Because I'm a victim of tribalism ( lost my job I'm not from a state in nigeria )

She complains of racism but each time I told her to come so we can live In Nigeria ( since the whites are racist) together she will disagree grin grin .because of irregular power supply , poor living condition etc
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by panafrican(m): 5:00am On Jun 20, 2022
ZaddyJ:

Very true dear.. ....at least everyone knows that in racist society blacks re always the victim the most targeted victims but u will surely survive with getting ,jobs ,getting a better life etc

but in a tribal differences society u re sure to the opposite of the aforementioned things u stand to gain a society rich in oil and gas. I can tell you about someone I often share my experience with who is an American.
Because I'm a victim of tribalism ( lost my job I'm not from a state in nigeria )

She complains of racism but each time I told her to come so we can live In Nigeria ( since the whites are racist) together she will disagree grin grin .because of irregular power supply , poor living condition etc
Enslaving someone for more than 300 years, handing him on trees and drinking tea and playing guitar under a hanged body, declare a secession war on purpose to keep slavery alive, waiting for more than 300 years before passing a civil Rights Act, writing a constitution that claims that " ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL", then turning around to prevent other people from having a voting Right, waiting for the 13 th or 14 Amendment to give some Rights to former slaves.
Where have you seen any Yoruba , any Igbo in time of peace, chasing down a Hausa teacher or a teacher from another tribe and vice versa telling that teacher "if you come up here you might teach things we don't like, we say that because you are from that tribe or such and such" ?
America needs to be civilized . The uncontacted tribe culture that prevails against Black American and African immigrants out there is a disgrace.
Re: White Parents Chased A Black Educator Out Of Town. Then, by ZaddyJ: 7:59am On Jun 20, 2022
panafrican:

Enslaving someone for more than 300 years, handing him on trees and drinking tea and playing guitar under a hanged body, declare a secession war on purpose to keep slavery alive, waiting for more than 300 years before passing a civil Rights Act, writing a constitution that claims that " ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL", then turning around to prevent other people from having a voting Right, waiting for the 13 th or 14 Amendment to give some Rights to former slaves.
Where have you seen any Yoruba , any Igbo in time of peace, chasing down a Hausa teacher or a teacher from another tribe and vice versa telling that teacher "if you come up here you might teach things we don't like, we say that because you are from that tribe or such and such" ?
America needs to be civilized . The uncontacted tribe culture that prevails against Black American and African immigrants out there is a disgrace.

My dear african americans suffers only racism ,we the minority group suffer more than just tribalism......I have had an old women who sold buns many years ago asking me what church do I attend( I am from a catholic background but change to Pentecostal) immediately I told her that I'm not catholic mama told me she cant sell buns to my little daughter who was crying bitterly and we were in the church own by a catholic church in shasha road .

So now what do you attribute that kind of harsh behavior from an elderly woman to ? If the whites treats us like trash must we also treat each other like we not humans and did we not have the slavery issue in Nigeria as well ?

(1) (Reply)

He Allegedlly Killed Her Girlfriend In Her Own Apartment In Uyo (VIDEO) / Double Amputee, 36, Shot Dead After Attempting To Run Away From Cops / 'asari' Shot Dead As Rivers Cult War Spreads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.