Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,048 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:08 AM

Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting (5031 Views)

Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting / Boko Haram: Mercenaries Vow Not To Return To Nigeria / I Am Happy The Mercenaries Have Left APC - Oshiomhole Reacts To Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by ijustdey: 6:18am On Jun 19, 2022
The Russian Ministry of Defense has published a pdf data summary of the number of foreign mercenaries fighting on behalf of Ukraine, Friday.

According to the data 85 Nigerians arrived after heeding the call from Kiev to join a “foreign legion” to defeat Russia. 38 have been killed fighting, while 35 returned to Nigeria with 12 still fighting.

“Against the backdrop of the Kiev regime’s mounting military failures and massive daily losses in manpower and equipment, the flow of foreign mercenaries to Ukraine has not only decreased, but is actually turning in the opposite direction,” the RuMOD statement read noting the increase of foreign mercenaries operating in Ukraine.

Despite increased payments to fight for Kiev, more foreign mercenaries were returning home.

“Despite the Kiev regime’s efforts and increased payments, the process of mercenaries leaving to the ‘other world’ or back to their countries of residence has not been stopped by the Kiev leadership,” the statement added.

The statement said that the Main Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation (GRU) were monitoring and recording the presence in Ukraine of every representative of this international gathering of “headless horsemen”. The GRU was also monitoring the trainers coming to train, prepare and repair western supplied weapons.

From the breakdown of the figures it shows that there were mercenaries from every continent.

“Among European countries, Poland is the undisputed leader in terms of the number of mercenaries both arriving and dying. Since the beginning of the special military operation, 1,831 people have arrived in Ukraine, of whom 378 have already been killed and 272 mercenaries have departed for their homeland.

It is followed by Romania with 504 arrivals, 102 deaths and 98 departures. The UK is in third place: 422 arrivals, 101 deaths, 95 departures. Among the Americas, Canada leads the way: 601 arrivals, 162 deaths, 169 departures.

The USA comes second: 530 arrivals, 214 deaths, 227 departures. From the Middle East, Transcaucasus and Asia the largest number, 355 mercenaries, came from Georgia, of whom 120 died and 90 left Ukraine.

Then there are 200 terrorist fighters redeployed from the US-controlled areas of Jazira region in Syria. To date, 80 have been eliminated and 66 have left Ukraine,” Lieutenant-General Igor Konashenkov the RuMOD spokesman stated.

The Russian general then added that as at June 17, 1, 956 foreign fighters have been eliminated from the battlefield while 1,779 returned to their countries.

“3,321 mercenaries are alive, not yet captured, or have not yet escaped to the Ukrainian border,” he explained.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/russia-38-nigerian-mercenaries-killed-in-ukraine-12-still-fighting/

lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Toneypen247(m): 6:22am On Jun 19, 2022
Na them wan go fight na cry

3 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Toneypen247(m): 6:22am On Jun 19, 2022
Condolences cry
Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Ready100: 6:24am On Jun 19, 2022
my brother is even among them.... they actually refused to release his body to us.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by LordFaraday(m): 6:24am On Jun 19, 2022
I stand with Russia..

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Fira09(m): 6:24am On Jun 19, 2022
Nawa for the Nigerians wey still dey fight,dey no come fight Boko Haram ,Dem dey fight a whole Russia.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Guide777(m): 6:25am On Jun 19, 2022
More volunteers needed, then.
Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by robinso01(m): 6:39am On Jun 19, 2022
If allowed,some will still go and fight for ukraine

3 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by OneCandleAway(f): 6:46am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:
my brother is even among them.... they actually refused to release his body to us.

Was he a student or he left Nigeria to go fight

4 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by CrownOfClay724: 6:50am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:

Your brother committed suicide.

No be everything person go chuk head.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Ready100: 6:52am On Jun 19, 2022
OneCandleAway:

Was he a student or he left Nigeria to go fight
he actually left to fight

4 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by AnambraPrince: 6:53am On Jun 19, 2022
Russia is obviously fighting the whole world, and still winning. What a strong country.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by adonis89(m): 6:53am On Jun 19, 2022
The headline should be "38 Nigerian mumus killed in Ukraine "

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by OneCandleAway(f): 6:54am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:

Such a painful loss. �

Was he able to send money back at least?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by talk2hb1(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2022
Tooh, okay Ooo
Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Jlow2: 6:56am On Jun 19, 2022
It's better dying with honour and remembered by Ukraine than to be killed by bandits and terrorists, and the terrorist government won't even remember you or honour you, ask those whom died in the line of duty

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Ready100: 7:00am On Jun 19, 2022
OneCandleAway:

Such a painful loss. �
Was he able to send money back at least?
we lost all forms of communication since he left

3 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by OneCandleAway(f): 7:01am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:

we lost all forms of communication since he left

I'm sure his plan was to move to another country from there. This is what Nigeria has turned people into. Sad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Lionize: 7:01am On Jun 19, 2022
Those saying they should have fought boko haram instead, don't you know fighting for Ukraine is more lucrative? If you die fighting boko haram, no be waste be that?

Well, they just closed to ris it in a foreign land, either you succeed or die trying. For naija, no hope for some people.
By the way, this is Russia's side of the story, they have also sustained heavy losses.

By the way, who likes what russia is doing? I just pray all these mindless kiilings stop.

3 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Juststarrin: 7:03am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:

Sorry for your loss
Nigeria indirectly failed him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Ready100: 7:03am On Jun 19, 2022
OneCandleAway:

I'm sure his plan was to move to another country from there. This is what Nigeria has turned people into. Sad.

so sad 😥
Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Oghene1st: 7:07am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:

How una raise am! Is it parenting failure?

4 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Beremx(f): 7:07am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:

he’s a true hero. Those that died while fighting Boko Haram have long being forgotten by Nigerian government. I am very sure Ukraine will forever honor your brother and your family duly compensated. May his soul Rest In Peace

4 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by railone(m): 7:11am On Jun 19, 2022
It's funny how pro-Russia stories must be believe at face value but anti-Russia stories are western propaganda.

More than 10 people have commented and none, I mean absolutely none has raised the question of the accuracy of the number.

Are the foreigners registered by the Russians before they are allowed to fight for Ukraine or is there a central database that both countries have access to where they are registered.

very funny

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by Biodun556(m): 7:13am On Jun 19, 2022
Ready100:
This is serious
Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by ChangetheChange: 7:16am On Jun 19, 2022
According to the data 85 Nigerians arrived after heeding the call from Kiev to join a “foreign legion” to defeat Russia. 38 have been killed fighting, while 35 returned to Nigeria with 12 still fighting.
grin grin grin
Russia and propaganda
How do they know 35 Nigerians have returned home and 12 are still fighting, even United States propaganda is not as weak as this

3 Likes

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by ChangetheChange: 7:20am On Jun 19, 2022
railone:
It's funny how pro-Russia stories must be believe at face value but anti-Russia stories are western propaganda.

More than 10 people have commented and none, I mean absolutely none has raised the question of the accuracy of the number.

Are the foreigners registered by the Russians before they are allowed to fight for Ukraine or is there a central database that both countries have access to where they are registered.

very funny
Don't mind the stupid Putin dick suckers on Nairaland.The whole story doesn't even add up, where did Russia get the database or enlistment record of Nigerians that went to Ukraine to fight, and how did the Russians know that 12 Nigerians are still fighting and 35 have returned back to Nigeria...the propaganda is too lame
Only confused semi illiterate like Putin dumb boys here on Nairaland will believe such propaganda

1 Like

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by railone(m): 7:24am On Jun 19, 2022
ChangetheChange:

Don't mind the stupid Putin dick suckers on Nairaland.The whole story doesn't even add up, where did Russia get the database of Nigerians fighting in Ukraine, and how did the Russians know that 12 Nigerians are still fighting and 35 have returned back to Nigeria...the propaganda is too lame

bro, I'm bewildered by how those guys just accepted it hook line and sinker.

I mean if the West wanted to cook such propaganda, they make it more realistic by not stating a definite number and using percentage.

TF is saying 224 returned to their homeland like you're the one that issued them visa or stamped their passport to know where they went or came from

1 Like

Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by chatinent: 7:28am On Jun 19, 2022
Why will anyone want to join Ukraine to fight Russia while you have bigger problems in Nigeria?
Re: Russia: 38 Nigerian Mercenaries Killed In Ukraine, 12 Still Fighting by ChangetheChange: 7:29am On Jun 19, 2022
railone:

bro, I'm bewildered by how those guys just accepted it hook line and sinker.

I mean if the West wanted to cook such propaganda, they make it more realistic by not stating a definite number and using percentage.

TF is saying 224 returned to their homeland like you're the one that issued them visa or stamped their passport to know where they went or came from
Lol grin grin grin
The story weak me too
Only fools will believe such story, the Russians should go and learn the art of well cooked propaganda from the Americans and Europeans like British, Germans and French

Even Nigerian bloggers will give you well cooked propaganda than the Russian media

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Onitsha Port Filled With Containers In An Aerial Picture (pic) / How Corrupt Is The Efcc? / Popular America-based Big Babes In Juju Battle Over Endowed Abuja Politician

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.