Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way (937 Views)

Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / My Girl Said She Can't Marry Me Yet While I Stay In Selfcon, Anything Wrong With / Men, Can You Overlook This If You Find Your Wife Being Held This Way At The Gym? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Nwaikuku2(m): 11:58am On Jun 19, 2022
I have been thinking of giving my tithe as offering during service rather than meeting the man of God privately. Is anything wrong with it??
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by mployer(m): 12:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nothing wrong
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Creamypie(m): 12:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nwaikuku2:
I have been thinking of giving my tith as offering during service rather than meeting the man of God privately. Is anything wrong with it??
compulsory tithing ends in old testament.it ended with the law. Christians are under no obligation to make it a do or die thing. Jesus made giving to be only from heart, your yes, yes, and no, no, and in absolute secrecy, not blowing trumpet, to be observed by men. Read Matthew 6 vs 1 -10.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by derecho(m): 12:15pm On Jun 19, 2022
If you decide to tithe, give it separately as directed where you worship (so long as it doesn't contradict scriptures).Tithe is a special type o offering- one-tenth of your income.
Offerings ,as loosely used, is where to apply your discretion and willingness to give to God.
Nwaikuku2:
I have been thinking of giving my tithe as offering during service rather than meeting the man of God privately. Is anything wrong with it??
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Akacollins7: 12:45pm On Jun 19, 2022
Even your pastor is not worthy to receive or take your tithe offerings. They are the one that is rubbing GOD. If you want to please GOD give your tithe offerings to less privilege. You don't need any pastor or prophet, just give thanks to Adonai him whom have provided for what you have make out the tithe offerings from. And give it, then see the work of Adonai.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Nwaikuku2(m): 3:02pm On Jun 19, 2022
Creamypie:
compulsory tithing ends in old testament.it ended with the law. Christians are under no obligation to make it a do or die thing. Jesus made giving to be only from heart, your yes, yes, and no, no, and in absolute secrecy, not blowing trumpet, to be observed by men. Read Matthew 6 vs 1 -10.

Point of correction, I am not obliged to pay tithes, I do it willingly. If you don't know that tithing open multiple doors, know it today. I'm a living testimony.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nwaikuku2:

Point of correction, I am not obliged to pay tithes, I do it willingly. If you don't know that tithing open multiple doors, know it today. I'm a living testimony.
Since you know as much, why are you asking at all? Tithing does not open multiple doors, rather giving does. Give to the work of God as much as your heart permits, from 10-100% no specific range. Give to the needy too. Seed time and harvest time shall not cease is God’s word. But tithing as practiced under the law is already INVALID. You were not robbing God, that scripture was referring to the priests! Scriptural references; Heb 7:11-12. Mal chapters 2 and chapters 3.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by jmoore(m): 4:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nwaikuku2:

Elon Musk doesn't pay tithe and he is the richest. Your testimony has no empirical evidence.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by naija4life247: 5:00pm On Jun 19, 2022
Nwaikuku2:

Thank you very much cheerful tither.

But think about this, when you see your neighbor hungry and you see your friends begging for food, don't you think they are the legitimate receiver of your tithes and not your Pastor? I am not sure, I am just think loud.

Sorry, I am a Muslim, I just remembered Matthew 25 that our Bible Knowledge teacher taught us in JSS-2 at the Catholic Church primary school that I schooled.

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Qew1: 5:05pm On Jun 19, 2022
Your choice
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by naija4life247: 5:07pm On Jun 19, 2022
jmoore:

Elon Musk doesn't pay tithe and he is the richest. Your testimony has no empirical evidence.

God will not take food from your mouth oooo. You want Pastor to go hungry?

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by RepoMan007: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2022
jmoore:

I equally doubt Solomon was tithing when he had 300 concubines.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Richy4(m): 5:34pm On Jun 19, 2022
Why not put the money in an envelope and mark it Tithe..Put it in an offertory church bag... with that, u won't have to see anyone...

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Beremx(f): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2022
Omo carry your tithe do giveaway for nairaland. God will bless you abundantly.

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Biglittlelois(f): 7:18pm On Jun 19, 2022
RepoMan007:
I equally doubt Solomon was tithing when he had 300 concubines.

He built the biggest and the most expensive Temple of God made of pure gold, that alone is enough as tithe.

2 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Biglittlelois(f): 7:20pm On Jun 19, 2022
naija4life247:

But think about this, when you see your neighbor hungry and you see your friends begging for food, don't you think they are the legitimate receiver of your tithes and not your Pastor? I am not sure, I am just think loud.

Sorry, I am a Muslim, I just remembered Matthew 25 that our Bible Knowledge teacher taught us in JSS-2 at the Catholic Church primary school that I schooled.

Why do you all think people who tithe, don't also give to the needy and less privileged?

3 Likes

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by RepoMan007: 8:08pm On Jun 19, 2022
Biglittlelois:

He built the biggest and the most expensive Temple of God made of pure gold, that alone is enough is enough as tithe.
Okay. Okay.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by Kobojunkie: 2:26am On Jun 20, 2022
Nwaikuku2:
Well, since you are doing it in obedience of your master, your man of god, shouldn't you do it according to his command so that you can inherit his promises in his kingdom to you? undecided
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by ireneidiva(f): 4:57am On Jun 20, 2022
naija4life247:

You can tithe and still help people. Two different things.
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by jmoore(m): 10:38am On Jun 20, 2022
ireneidiva:
Stop lying
Deuteronomy 14:28 says tithe should be given to widows, orphans, etc.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by ireneidiva(f): 10:54am On Jun 20, 2022
jmoore:

Stop lying

Deuteronomy 14:28 says tithe should be given to widows, orphans, etc.
You can pay your tithe and still give out money to help people oga. Tithing is not compulsory. Nobody is forced to.

1 Like

Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by naija4life247: 5:44am On Jun 21, 2022
Biglittlelois:

Why do you all think people who tithe, don't also give to the needy and less privileged?

I no talk so Egbon mi? I just asked question ni oooo
Re: Is Anything Wrong With Paying Tithe This Way by naija4life247: 5:44am On Jun 21, 2022
ireneidiva:

Alright sir.

(1) (Reply)

Read A Young Man's Insulting Obituary For Late Dad That Is Trending / Our So-called Leaders And A Bouquet Of Flowers! / Mothers Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.