Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly (28363 Views)

Peter Obi: I'm Not Stingy, I Use Public Money For Public Good / Peter Obi Is Not Stingy- A rebuttal to Fr Mbaka's Claims (Photos) / El-Rufai Is Prudent, Not Stingy — Wife, Hadiza (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Iblak: 3:09pm On Jun 20, 2022
Well said

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by specialmati(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
cool cool cool cool the man for the job. But if una mistake vote the old money bags it will be finish

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Zelenskyy(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

Alleged N250m Anambra money: Police launches fresh investigation

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share

Rubbish, Balderdash, Hogwash

Since 2009, why has the NPF or EFCC not taken Obi to court and find him guilty...

Why are you not talking about Tinubu and the money he is continuously stealing from Lagos State... ?

Post another article about Tinubu the Big thief and Notorious Drug Baron.

When you are done, let me know....

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Eriggs: 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Fake liar and thief

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Goldbw122(m): 3:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
brightonos24:
Peter Obi React to Mbaka Accusation- I am not stingy, Am allergy for money being spent wrongly

Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mbZbp-0rcM

https://www.facebook.com/pressexpressngr/photos/a.100206274858282/120532899492286/?type=3&scmts=scwspsdd

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ce_3qrWpLKg/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
This is the kind of person that we need but will the upper power allow him.. that is the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Thorondor: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eriggs:
Fake liar and thief

E Dey pain you?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu
Contrary to speculations that the case of recent recovery of a whooping sum of N250 million in cash in a private office of Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State in Apapa, Lagos by eagle-eyed policemen in Lagos has been rested, indications emerged over the week that Police authorities in Abuja have commenced thorough investigations into the matter.

This is just as untold details of the circumstances that led to the strange discovery and the role played by all the parties involved including the Police were unfolded by reliable police sources at the Force Headquarters in Abuja.

Saturday Vanguard gathered that on the said day, which was Sunday, Police authorities in Lagos received information from one of the aides to Governor Peter Obi that a huge sum of money was been conveyed to the Governor's private company at Aerodrome road in Apapa, Lagos.

Based on this, Lagos State Police Commissioner, Marvel Akpoyibo led some of his officers including the Area Commander in Apapa and they stormed the company.

Police sources said on getting to the scene, they saw the exotic jeeps that transported the money which were arraigned in suit cases inside the premises.

The Police reportedly instructed one of the aids to the Governor who was seen there to inform the Governor of their intention to inspect the vehicles. At this juncture, according to reports, the Governor instructed his aides not to open the vehicles until he comes to Lagos.

As soon as the Commissioner of Police was informed of the Governor’s directive, he reportedly deployed policemen to guard the vehicles until the arrival of the Governor.

That Sunday, at about 2.30 pm, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi arrived the scene with their entourage and the Police Commissioner insisted that the vehicles must be thoroughly searched in the presence of everybody because the information received was a case of arms and ammunition being stockpiled for the 2010 election in Anambra State.

Governor Obi who was reportedly not comfortable with the Commissioner˜s directive was said to had capitulated by directing his aids to open the vehicle and this led to the discovery of the whooping sum of N250 million. Saturday Vanguard learnt that at this stage, the Commissioner of police quickly alerted the Inspector-General of Police, Sir Mike Okiro who directed that the Governor should make a statement over the discovery.

Sources said that in his statement, Governor Obi stated that the money found in the vehicles belongs to Anambra State and that it was meant for payment to one of their contractors who wanted cash.

It was gathered also that when the police asked Governor Obi why he should pay such a huge amount of money in cash instead of draft or cheque, the Governor could not give reasonable answer.

It was then that the Inspector~General of Police directed that the money should be paid back to Anambra State government account without delay.

On Monday the following day, both the Commissioner of Police and Governor Obi reportedly moved to Spring bank where the money was paid into Anambra State Government account and a photocopy of the deposit slip made and handed over to the Commissioner of Police.

Saturday Vanguard also learnt that what fueled police suspicion over the money was that they also got information that the Governor was billed to travel out of the country a week after the money was intercepted.

To worsen the speculation, Governor Obi reportedly traveled overseas after the incident.

It was at this stage that the Inspector~General of Police who was properly briefed on the incident directed the Force Criminal Investigations Department under Deputy Inspector~General of Police, Israel Ajao to take over the case and unravel the mystery surrounding the movement of the cash from Anambra State to Lagos.

The IGP˜s directive was also said to have been prompted by the fact that the contractor whom Governor Obi claimed owns the money never showed up at all stages of the discovery and the fact that Lagos state Police Command preliminary investigations revealed a case of money laundering against the Governor.

So far, sources at the Force headquarters said detectives will soon conclude their investigations into the matter based on the fact that Police authorities vowed to get to the root of the case without fear or favor.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/07/alleged-n250m-anambra-money-police-launches-fresh-investigation/?s=08

Please copy and share
what are you doing in US first of all?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Image123(m): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2022
Lol, President of stingy men association for president? Let's be realistic oh. He said even his wife knows, Peter will not buy this, Peter will not do this.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Mariangeles(f): 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
You're a prudent man sir.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by LibertyRep: 3:14pm On Jun 20, 2022
How about owning accounts and businesses offshore?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Richieniit: 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

Copy and share what? You no see Tinubu way they rob Lagos state millions on week days and billions monthly to share and copy ? You're a waste!!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Realist12: 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
He's penny wise pound foolish. Why save when the state is lacking important infrastructures that's going to generate more revenue and improve the welfare of the citizens.Obiano that built the airport is more intelligent. Obi's views are irrational in the long run and the same southern youths supporting him can't withstand such tenure without reprisal. The only accomplishment in his administration is he saved money and I laugh .

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Enumerator(m): 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
I tell you!
ursullalinda:
I watched this video and i prayed from the depth of my heart for him to win......I mean this is a presidential candidate speaking.......I'm so proud of him and i have been sharing the video

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Golan007: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
obyrich:
Heartless? When all of us will sit here and suffer the consequences? It is just stupidity. Some of the people supporting Tinubu and ATIKU are not sure of their next meal.

But you are abi?
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Badgers14: 3:18pm On Jun 20, 2022
spearman:

By ikenna Anyanwu

Please copy and share

Was Peter Obi charged and prosecuted for this "alleged " money laundering??

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by ststarring: 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2022
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Badgers14: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2022
Richieniit:

Copy and share what? You no see Tinubu way they rob Lagos state millions on week days and billions monthly to share and copy ? You're a waste!!!!

He just wanted people to share nonsense story.

Peter obi is one of the few governors in the history of Nigerian civilian rule to never been charged and prosecuted for misuse of public funds.

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by ogatboy(m): 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:

A third class in philosophy you are comparing to medicine?

You think say na school be education? Clearly shows your illitracy level. If grade determines how educated you are, you are not different to the Ekiti people selling their future.

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by BigYash: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eniitankorede:
Can Obi speak proper English at all?
Most of una no get sense.. I was in talk with my Yoruba frd days ago.. He was telling me to vote bat. I asked him a simple question.. why should I vote him? He said because he is from this region ,blah blah... I asked him again , who spearheaded the coming of buhari into power? He started saying I should forget that.. That old man no get plan for the country.. He wan go loot more for his family and frds.. He is saying it’s his turn as if na him papa family house wen he wan inherit

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Realdon1(m): 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
I swear with all I have that I am an OBIdient boy.
My family will never give up from being on
Peterside.

Inshallah.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:23pm On Jun 20, 2022
You owe no one no explanation sir

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by ogatboy(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Realist12:
He's penny wise pound foolish. Obiano that built the airport is more intelligent.

Inteligent because he just needed a good avenue to loot. Na why his first stop na EFCC office after e finish for office. If intelligence means being smart to defraud then you need to re-examine your sittuation

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Bigfish121(m): 3:24pm On Jun 20, 2022
Peter Obi is just been frugal with money.Most rich people are usually like that especially if you dis not get the money through illegitimate means.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by OgbanjeProphet: 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
There is still hope for Nigeria.

OBIdiently waiting with my PVC to do the right thing.

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Contagious100d(m): 3:25pm On Jun 20, 2022
[quote author=obyrich post=113970536]Heartless? When all of us will sit here and suffer the consequences? It is just stupidity. Some of the people supporting Tinubu and ATIKU are not sure of their next meal...

I like the fact that he came out to address him been stingy. Because that's the truth about him. Been stingy will not grow an economy.
Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by ogatboy(m): 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eriggs:
Fake liar and thief

The guy say make una pass law make everybody display health record, net worth and tax papers before contest. I swear the next day, Tinubu and Atiku go Japa because jail wont be too far from them

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by Richieniit: 3:26pm On Jun 20, 2022
I'm
Badgers14:

He just wanted people to share nonsense story.

Peter obi is one of the few governors in the history of Nigerian civilian rule to never been charged and prosecuted for misuse of public funds.

You be correct guy! No mind the fool.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi: I Am Not Stingy, I Just Have An Allergy For Money Being Spent Wrongly by QueenOfTheCoast(f): 3:27pm On Jun 20, 2022
Eriggs:
Fake liar and thief
Tinubu is a bastard drug dealing vagabond

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram In For Surprise From Buhari, Says Oyegun / Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam / Miyetti Allah To Governor Ortom: You Are A Thorn In Fulani Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.