Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,235 members, 7,829,424 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation (38573 Views)

How We Secured Over 90,000 Votes For Tinubu Despite PDP,LP Influence-Ojougboh / How First-timer LP Assembly Member Emerges Abia Speaker Despite Pdp's Majority / Atiku Dumped Again. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Lazenby007(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2022
The way he speaks is none of my business. He speaks the truth: Southerners are not slaves to the Northerners. And that is the basic truth!. The North have said so many derogatory things about the South and nobody ever said anything.
Wike or no Wike, Atiku is a child's play to Tinubu. But I am OBIdient!
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by MartinsD12(m): 8:47am On Jun 20, 2022
nairavsdollars:

https://independent.ng/why-atiku-dumped-wike-despite-pdp-recommendation/
They dumped wike because they the North hates to here the truth but everything wike said is the truth , atiku won't go far , on obi mandate will stand , Atiku has no moral upbringing he does things to his northern brother's same thing he did when he deleted a tweet condemning the killing of Deborah, such a man is showing tribalistic character.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by cp3o: 8:49am On Jun 20, 2022
Abujason:

So funny you. Ibori that is no longer on speaking terms with Okowa. You don’t know Delta politics. Okowa has reduced Ibori to a mere nuisance and of not much value.

Is it that easy to silence a godfather? I hope you are correct.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by AwkaFinest: 8:50am On Jun 20, 2022
ogmask:

Okowa has more electoral value than wike. A delegate election is different from a general election my brother. In the delegate election, a few persons represent everyone while in the general election the sins of your fathers and his fathers before him will be used to sway the minds of voters after all nor be only him get money to spend. Okowa also has oil money to put on the table too. The battle will not be about money at that point but value, respect and acceptability. In the south which we all call wikes fortress, he doesn't have states like Anambra, Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Akwa Ibom, cross river and imo with him. So where is the so-called stronghold for gov wike in the south. Maybe ebonyi, Enugu and Abia.

We are all happy that Wike was not picked. But please don't compare Wike to Okowa. Politically Wike has more value than Okowa. Who knows Okowa beyond Delta? How many states can Okowa win outside Delta? Without Ibori can Okowa win even his LGA?
Please stop comparing the 2. Wike is a national name, while Okowa is a local name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Grandkay21(m): 8:50am On Jun 20, 2022
Emmanuel Udom and Okowa Slam Wike , this is lesson 99,

Okowa is more dangerous than Wike go and check delta PDP.

But anywhere the presidential seat is for Labour party
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by nairavsdollars(f): 8:51am On Jun 20, 2022
How did Atiku support Deborah's killing?

nengibo:
So Atiku supporting the killing of Deborah will get him Christian Votes but Wike is the alleged bigot? noted
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by dmosthigh(m): 8:56am On Jun 20, 2022
IntelChief:
Forget the long story OP posted...
The simple reason why Atiku didn't choose Wike is that "two captains cannot run ship"

Una good morning

You na better intelchief bro,samankwe for you!
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by EkelediliBuhari: 9:05am On Jun 20, 2022
ponishah:

You are far from it.
Who no go, no know. So you don't know, I don't have to say more than that

well i also rest my case....

just vote for Peter the Rock
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Chuksojei: 9:08am On Jun 20, 2022
[See talkquote author=overdrive post=113972516]

He dissolved a mosque[/quote]
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2022
Tinubufit:
Atiku will crying this time dude can't win any election again. You abaddon wike for okowa because you thought he will not take correction from you.

Stupid and desperate man..

He knew how he disobey obj then so

A thief doesn't like being stolen from

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by richmote: 9:12am On Jun 20, 2022
obi58:

Political space doing what exactly?

What has been his achievement in the state regional and national level of PDP since 1999?

Tell me what his sphere of political influence has achieved even as a governor of Delta state

Go anywhere in Delta and mention that Okowa has more political influence than Ibori and be prepared for whatever you will see with your eyes.

Okowa is not even Uduaghans mate talk less of Ibori.
In as much as I don’t like Okowa, uduaghan is a nobody in delta politics. He can’t even influence his own people.
Comparing him to Okowa is a big insult to him
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Owontime: 9:14am On Jun 20, 2022
That's okay,Wike will also not breach any rule when he aligns with Tinubu.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by obi58: 9:16am On Jun 20, 2022
nomenclature:

You know nothing about okowa, okowa cannot election in his ward without ibori? You think only noise makers like wike knows politics.?
Okowa has been a rugged politician right from time, he was chairman of ika local government area during the time of GDM( grassroots democratic movement) do you know that this party metamorphosied into PDP during those early years?. He was commissioner for Agriculture and natural resources during ibori and health too.during uduaghan he contested for governor and came second only to udughan,uduaghan made him ssg , then he went to senate too and came back as governor ..na vice presidential candidate. U think say na beans.
Let me tell you the truth wike is like fayose .fayose was a noise maker and rabid dog just because he still has signature to ekiti state treasury .if wike come down as governor ,even his successor will bethray him and he will be a nobody I swear.

Bros no need to rant..... All those so called achievements you talk about was due to the goodwill of Ibori.... Okowa is a political nonentity that was given VP slot for exactly that reason because Atiku doesn't see him as a threat and expects the normal political goodwill from the South.

With the kind of allocation Delta state gets monthly which is comparable to Rivers, I dare you to mention one incident of note in the PDP that Okowa got involved in to resolve. Even Edo which is next door to Okowa had to run to Rivers when Obaseki fell out with APC and Oshiomole. Where was Okowa then?
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by obi58: 9:18am On Jun 20, 2022
richmote:

In as much as I don’t like Okowa, uduaghan is a nobody in delta politics. He can’t even influence his own people.
Comparing him to Okowa is a big insult to him

Bitter truth bruv. Okowa was installed as governor by Ibori and Uduaghan. If not for those 2 who would have known Okowa in Delta state?
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Advocate500: 9:21am On Jun 20, 2022
BobbyZrealist:
Wike is mouthy and dogged.....
Fearless and he's got a lot of guts.
He's an OG.

I saw how he helped his citizens during lockdown with cash and kind, while others where making dumb of the hidden palliatives.
Went all the way to Sokoto and donated N200,000,000 to the victims of market fire. And many other gestures.

He's a Don.
wike was the worst governor during covid ,locked the entire state down with no form of palliative to cushion the effect of the covid,if you stay in rivers state don't write nonsense about the Gadhafi of rivers state.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Creamz(m): 9:21am On Jun 20, 2022
Tinubufit:
Atiku will crying this time dude can't win any election again. You abaddon wike for okowa because you thought he will not take correction from you.

Then you don't understand politics. I really laugh when I hear things like this. Watch and learn...
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by obi58: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2022
AwkaFinest:

We are all happy that Wike was not picked. But please don't compare Wike to Okowa. Politically Wike has more value than Okowa. Who knows Okowa beyond Delta? How many states can Okowa win outside Delta? Without Ibori can Okowa win even his LGA?
Please stop comparing the 2. Wike is a national name, while Okowa is a local name.

Don't mind them... okowa cannot even compete with Udom talk more of Wike.

Everybody knows it is fear of Wike that made people gang up to betray him but they all ran to him when they needed someone to fight the APC head on. Even Atiku refused to champion PDPs cause or come to the defence of Ortom when Benue residents were being slaughtered on a daily basis. ATIKU has never been vocal in his criticism of the killings in Southern Kaduna how much more Okowa!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by naturefellow(m): 9:25am On Jun 20, 2022
complexBoss12:
Atiku not picking Wike is what every reasonable politician will do. Atiku needs a subordinate, someone loyal and supportive. Wike will never be that person!

Wike believes he should be president, as VP he will only try to undermine Atiku and build alliances for his own presidential interest.
atiku trying to avoid karma because he did same under Obasanjo.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Chiefolo: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2022
nairavsdollars:

Demolishing mosque in PH shd not be an issue, the northern governors equally demolish church in the north.

My guess for him not clinching the vp slot was because of his utterances and arrogance.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by ogaontop(m): 9:53am On Jun 20, 2022
complexBoss12:
Atiku not picking Wike is what every reasonable politician will do. Atiku needs a subordinate, someone loyal and supportive. Wike will never be that person!

Wike believes he should be president, as VP he will only try to undermine Atiku and build alliances for his own presidential interest.
Apt
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by doshiyad1: 10:12am On Jun 20, 2022
AJOBI77:
Guard your utterances. Wisdom and being smart is key in life

Absolutely!
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by blackboy(m): 10:25am On Jun 20, 2022
Atiku is part of the north agenda. Wike is bad market for VP. The north needs a loyal quiet ans obedient VP like Osinbajo.

Wike na action man.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by zigzagluv: 10:40am On Jun 20, 2022
because the North Believed Wike demolished a mosque, I have been following some north forum, this is all they have to see about wike , No that is not competent but because according to them he demolished a mosque which is not true, but I pointed out to some how Nasir El-rufai demolished several mosque with Qauran inside , they could not talk but they said he is a Muslim quote author=Tinubufit post=113972519]Atiku will crying this time dude can't win any election again. You abaddon wike for okowa because you thought he will not take correction from you. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by maxzzo1(m): 10:40am On Jun 20, 2022
nairavsdollars:

Now I know Atiku is a Fool, which mosque? There was no mosque there dey only wanted to start d foundation again...which means some years back during Ameachi govt they start d foundation which Ameachi pulled down that is govt ppty which is true...cos is part of � rainbow town Odili demolished....at least I live in that environment since 98...
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by SuperReviewer: 10:41am On Jun 20, 2022
Na wao
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Asour: 10:44am On Jun 20, 2022
Fira09:
To me why they dumped wike is because of the way he usually speaks.

And most of the northerners dislike him because of the way he speaks about them.

So wike this is just a lesson for you!

Any way let vote for PETER OBI.

Probably correct. But he was second oh! Less than 100 votes behind Atiku. That's something too for a 'disliked' man.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by kmaster007: 10:53am On Jun 20, 2022
Wike the agbero governor
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by ogmask: 11:05am On Jun 20, 2022
ppogba:

Okowa started as secretary to Ika LG. When Ika North East LG was created he was the first chairman. All these were before he even became a commissioner.
Truth is, people don't get their facts about the man right before saying things about him.

Jeez... How did I miss that part. Thanks bro.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by ogmask: 11:09am On Jun 20, 2022
AwkaFinest:

I will say it again, wike is a baby politician where okowa is both at the state and national level. Am sure you are one of those who believe that the decision to pick kowa was reached last week. The VP arrangement wey dem don cook since last year when wike still dey busy dey sponsor parallel excos for states. Soon you go say wike is bigger than Atiku because Atiku nor dey talk.
Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by Karemarealty288(m): 11:12am On Jun 20, 2022
IntelChief:
Forget the long story OP posted...
The simple reason why Atiku didn't choose Wike is that "two captains cannot run a ship"

Una good morning

Gbam!.....You just shut it on the butt.... grin

Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by ogmask: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2022
ponishah:

Okowa has also been a local government chairman and has never denied his igbo root. When quarried about the annual 30th May Biafra mourning day, he answered that people have right to mourn, that he was also mourning with them because he lost an uncle in the civil war.
Okowa is carved for great things, I remember when he won the pdp presidential primaries in 2006 but Ibori mischievously denied him the ticket and gave it to his cursin Uduaghan.
Okowa, was cheated, yet he did not go to court or make noise about it. He later became the SSG.
In 2014, Uduaghan and Ibori fielded Ibori's candidate Edevhie an Urhobo man to deny Aniomas their turn and deny Okowa another opportunity of becoming governor of Delta State. But against all odds Okowa defeated them all, since he had solidify his clout as the pdp leader in Delta and Southsouth.
He is far more intelligent and smarter than wike and many southern pdp politicians. His greatest asset in character is his ability to remain calm , even on a hot seat. Even in all the political struggles in Delta, during his tenure, Delta has remained peaceful in all.

Thank you my brother.
Too many babies and yesterday political analysts on nairaland. How anybody will say wike has more political value than okowa beats my imagination.
Dem think say Na to shout insult pple while hiding behind immunity naim be say the person smart. Soon them go tell us say wike is a bigger and better politician than Ameachi.
Look my brother, in the whole of the south the only govs comparable to wike are the likes of ikpeazu, uzodinma, Diri and ayade. These are political light weights. The only difference is wike talks while others don't. You can't compare wike to even obaseki of yesterday who knows how to shut noise makers or even umahi the quiet achiever not to talk of okowa wey dey run things for federal level even as a PDP gov.

1 Like

Re: Why Atiku Dumped Wike Despite PDP Recommendation by BobbyZrealist(m): 11:22am On Jun 20, 2022
Advocate500:
wike was the worst governor during covid ,locked the entire state down with no form of palliative to cushion the effect of the covid,if you stay in rivers state don't write nonsense about the Gadhafi of rivers state.

We know we na type.

Even though my state is well developed,I will like someone like Wike to be my Governor,to build roads, hospitals and schools,and to chase criminals.....he is good at chasing criminals.

I have a friend from Okrika who frowns at me anytime I praised Wike....so your submission means nothing.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari Appoints 30 Judges / Man Beaten By Army Cadets For Complimenting A Female Cadet Recounts His Ordeal / 14 Ways We Are Worse Off Since Buhari Became President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.