Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. (1928 Views)

How I Got Revenge On My Cheating Wife. / Revenge - A Tragedy Romance By Tiffany #mobilebookshelfwaw / Our Love Story ...... (A Story Filled With Revenge, Love And Romance) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 1:52pm On Jul 22, 2011
When murky reactions to preceding actions are celebrated, confusion becomes the order of the day. Unfazed by the unwavering glare of atonement in the dim future, the bloke's entire globe condenses with shimmering sensations; the aftermath of a revenge dish eaten cold. His left feels so right and he tells himself, 'atimes, bad is good'.
And for the world and himself, he stays prepared to argue his right to be fine again.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 3:11pm On Apr 22, 2012
You know, it won't be trivial to put down just any comment. Instead of only sending me friend requests.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by KevinII(m): 4:13pm On May 12, 2012
Rocktation: You know, it won't be trivial to put down just any comment. Instead of only sending me friend requests.

lol. boys will be boys! no time grin grin grin

But that's a tough read you got up there. But for the topic one would be lost as to what it's about. Is it a poem? The format doesn't suggest so but it reminds me of those poems I read that gets me confused trying to understand where the author is coming from.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 5:52pm On May 12, 2012
....and Kevin retards the static. Yayyy!
A poem? Not really. It's just something I was thinking about and felt like sharing, when I first visited the section. And I know you understand everything up there...even after the initial befuddlement. Yes?
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by KevinII(m): 6:18am On May 14, 2012
Yes, actually. But take my hands and lead me through digesting it, one sentence at a time.

"When murky reactions to preceding actions are celebrated, confusion becomes the order of the day".
There is celebration and confusion...by the same protagonist? After the deed (vengeance) has been done? I'm thinking something along the lines of 'after the initial euphoria of revenge fizzles out, the sour taste starts building up,' yeah or nay?
Btw what lead you to these thoughts? Was it after you got back from a revenge mission of your own?
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 8:47pm On May 14, 2012
Kevin_II:

"When murky reactions to preceding actions are celebrated, confusion becomes the order of the day"..by the same protagonist?
Nah, nonplussed would be the lookers-on.
Kevin_II:
'after the initial euphoria of revenge fizzles out, the sour taste starts building up,' yeah or nay?
Correct, Kev.
Kevin_II:
Btw what lead you to these thoughts? Was it after you got back from a revenge mission of your own?
Hehehe. No na. I had listened to a song titled FINE AGAIN by Seether, which is about some dude leaving rehab and fighting to convince himself that he'd be fine at taking on the world again. And so I thought up something different, that does warrant thesame struggle---revenge.
Albeit in the end, not every avenger would still have a conscience to manage this struggle.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by KevinII(m): 5:50am On May 16, 2012
Rocktation:
Nah, nonplussed would be the lookers-on.

Correct, Kev.

Hehehe. No na. I had listened to a song titled FINE AGAIN by Seether, which is about some dude leaving rehab and fighting to convince himself that he'd be fine at taking on the world again. And so I thought up something different, that does warrant thesame struggle---revenge.
Albeit in the end, not every avenger would still have a conscience to manage this struggle.

Hmmmm, very true. That's some deep thinking there. And you like rock music, yeah? I watched the video on youtube smiley. Neways, nice stuff, and thought provoking too. Do you write on a good day? Poems, prose? It may not be a bad idea considering your diction is tight and you've got a good head on your neck... #justsaying
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 9:06pm On May 16, 2012
Many thanks and yep, I'm a rock buff. But writing? Ermm...not exactly. Maybe. Kind of. I mean, I don't exactly scribble naught like I think writers should/do. But even though this is the first and only piece I have put down and only on nairaland too, it is way down on the list of pieces I have thought up.
Kevin_II:

I watched the video on youtube smiley.

You did? Awwww.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 05, 2012
Rocktation: When murky reactions to preceding actions are celebrated, confusion becomes the order of the day. Unfazed by the unwavering glare of atonement in the dim future, the bloke's entire globe condenses with shimmering sensations; the aftermath of a revenge dish eaten cold. His left feels so right and he tells himself, 'atimes, bad is good'.
And for the world and himself, he stays prepared to argue his right to be fine again.

I may be wrong, but here's my glance summary...

* Emotions aggressively becloud reason
* Vengeance and guilt are prepared in situ
* The world has no stake in ur myriad of thoughts
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 2:12pm On Jun 05, 2012
Of cos, you're right for the most part. But yes, the world's put into consideration. It just happens at the tail end.
Thanks for glancing through.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by emmyitodo: 1:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
am cyphering iridescent by LP when the name "Rocktation" hit me as a rock head!

back to ur post, i think its an intelligent piece and skillfull choice of words from ur repertiore. i think this looks like an excerpt, am avidly waitimg to read the full piece. chaw

1 Like

Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by emmyitodo: 1:16pm On Jun 08, 2012
am cyphering iridescent by LP when the name "Rocktation" hit me as a rock head!

back to ur post, its an intelligent piece and a skillfull choice of words from ur repertiore. i think this looks like an excerpt, am avidly waitimg to read the full piece. chaw
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 1:09am On Jun 09, 2012
Good job decyphering the moniker. It's left a fuddled lot on here, that had dared to tread on that same path, I tell ya.
Should this piece be fuller? Hmmn. I really don't dig extensive write-ups because then, I'll have to hold a pen to a paper and i'd be bored and...urrrrgh. It's not impossible though.

Anyhoo, grazie mille for your shared thoughts on this and hey, I've never known Chester to leave chinks in his armor. So easy with the 're-encoding', purlease. Lol.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 04, 2012
Rocktation: When murky reactions to preceding actions are celebrated, confusion becomes the order of the day. Unfazed by the unwavering glare of atonement in the dim future, the bloke's entire globe condenses with shimmering sensations; the aftermath of a revenge dish eaten cold. His left feels so right and he tells himself, 'atimes, bad is good'.
And what in the world is this? undecided
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by firestar(f): 1:03pm On Jul 09, 2012
Do I love a challenge...
Tug. Tug. Tuuug.
Twitch.
(You see this paw...)
More tugs and pulls.
Scrowl.
(It has retractable claws...)
The imp tugs her tail some more...
And...
Meets a deadpan.
Self-control.

1 Like

Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2012
smiley
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 5:31pm On Jul 09, 2012
Clambering up the soul's cavity
In its silence, thyself to defeat
Wanting above it, rising purposively;
The vertex of ire, outstripping it
And then phewww...dulcet amity.

----------Self restraint-----------
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by phraze(m): 11:42pm On Jul 11, 2012
Ascending towards the scelpulture of truth.. Wailing in sexines and embracing the manifest... I see the path forming... Shit! I'm Running.
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 18, 2012

It takes patience to read this post! But beyond the surface complexity, it makes a lot of sense! @OP is good @ wot she does! My dear, wot sh*t do u smoke? grin
Re: A Lil Sommin About 'Revenge'. by Rocktation(f): 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2012
Hehe. Nchewi, you're so funny. Yeah don't mind me. I've always liked them deep. But if you really did understand all that, then the brand of shite you smoke must be the same as mine! cheesy. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

(rated 18+) Midnight Saga Episode 7 / How I Download Free Novels. / NAOMI'S WORLD: My Not-so-awkward Life {A Story}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.