Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,018 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:18 AM

You Too Can Have It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / You Too Can Have It (508 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Too Can Have It by pemimi(f): 2:05pm On Jul 22, 2011
Over the pass few weeks i've had the opportunity to learn things that am trying to apply in my life, 1st from Brian Tracy and also Economic Empowerment by REV EKINE. These things aid my day to day activities and life as a whole.
While listening to a new topic on Sunday, it HIT me that even a minimum salary earner can one day own a property or a good business. YES!, we all hear or see advertisements/posts that tells us anyone can own a property or start a good business based on nothing but honestly!!!,i really do not pay much attention to them because i feel
1) The are just marketing strategies used by agents to make you invest !ƞ something that sometimes may not yield any fruitful result( i maybe wrong and stand to be corrected)
2) They make it seems so easy that you do not know what you are getting yourself into until you reach rock bottom.
Here's what i got
1) Poverty:" the believe of the heart and not the lack of money" many will argue this but i believe they are those who have limited themselves to the situations around them. I totally agree with this statement and i'll use myself as an example, I haven't been paid by my boss and also by myself and my accounts are blinking so bad that you can see them from a distance, does that mean am in poverty?!!!!! NAh!!!! I don't think so cause even people i come in contact with have no idea, the secret is that i wake up each day with faith that today,i'll be one step ahead from where i was the previous day and if at the end of the day i don't achieve anything by the standard of the world, i know i have lived a day while some couldn't. So here's my own definition of poverty 'A state of unrest, worries, depression and feelings of self failure" eliminates these and you'll know how wealthy you are. Tell Me !! Who by worrying can add a day to his life. Therefore we have to change the way we see things afterall a cheerful heart is good medicine to the soul.
2) Expression: due to the way things occurs in our society we fear to express our thoughts for we fear people would try to steal our ideas, ridicule us or the bad belles will try to do everything in their power to make sure we don't reap them. You have that fear, i also had it whether we admit it or not, Its something we need to overcome cause the lack of expression lead to the death of dreams. It defines who you are eg if you desire to be the best consultant the world has ever known and all you have is a run-down office in the slum. Each day when you wake, tell yourself you and those around you that you are going to be the best at what you do. I assure you, someday you will look back and realize that the action was the foundation of the dream you have achieved. Expression motivates the inner man to strive towards the turning of a dream into reality. What you have maybe what you have is what others need, if you don't talk how will they know ie you have the vision they have the resources to invest. Remember Rome wasn't built in a day or just by an individual
It all ends with discipline, almost every seminar( if not all) on prosperity talks on discipline. Saving a certain portion if your income may seem difficult but if you try and fall, try again but this time try with a smaller amount until you have the ability to increase. Discipline. Yourself to spend nothing more than what is REALLY required. If that's difficult remind yourself that there are families that earn minimum wages and they are still age to live within their means ( well maybe some). Another thing to consider is having other streams of income, it not just your salary you should live on some people don't. ( Will talk about these streams when i get a hold of the notes)
Last but not the lest, we can do nothing on our own without the help of the holy spirit . What man can add an hour to his life by worrying, None, So go to him for help and he will show you things which the Father has for you, methods in which the world didn't thinks were possible.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Catering Business; Pls Help / Phcn Workers To Resume Work / Nigeria Student Want To Study In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.