Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,345 members, 7,954,400 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:10 PM

Which One Would You Take? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which One Would You Take? (14186 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Oyindamolah: 12:29pm On Jun 23, 2022
eedhrisademola:

You don hear!!
Says who? Do you get payslip at the end the month?
Re: Which One Would You Take? by TheGift: 1:28pm On Jun 23, 2022
IyaTola:
Maybe you go me wrong, I am saying state the advantages/demerits of staying on the mainland/island

Ok.

There are no merits or demerits, per say. It all depends on the individual their preferences and peculiar circumstances.

For me, some things I hate about the island these days though are:

*Its getting more and more crowded than when we were growing up
*Traffic not only because of the crowd of residents but for the many visitors who come there for work and play
*Fake life; many pretentious people, living in poor overpriced accommodation, just to be able to say they live on the island.
*The water especially in Lekki axis has smell and taste, and you have to spend money on drinking and bathing water. I can’t even use my filter for it.
*Flooding during the rainy seasons and it is no respecter of locations as floods regularly hit Lekki, Ikoyi, VGC, VI and even banana island. And it’s not surprising because a lot of the island is sand filled land. Where I live on the mainland it can rain for a whole month and there will still be no flooding. The ground is high, the are wide drainages and the entire suburb is surrounded by a canal where all the water drains
*Related to the above, I suspect that there will be a major flooding or tsunami event, sometime in the near or far future and places like the island, which have been massively sand filled will be worst hit. As far back as the early nineties I remember an over flowing of bar beach that covered Ahamadu Bello Way and got as far as 1004.
*I also personally like where I live and work on the mainland cos I am 15 minutes from the local and international airports as well as Lagos Ibadan on the very rare occasion that I need to head out by road.

I hope with this few points of mine, I have been able to convince you why, I a former islander chose to become a full time mainlander. cheesy

Please Note: what works for me may not work for you.

3 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Take? by eedhrisademola(m): 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Says who? Do you get payslip at the end the month?
not @ all..
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Oyindamolah: 6:58pm On Jun 23, 2022
eedhrisademola:

not @ all..
Them dey play una. Request for it. Why should you be paying for HMO? Nigerian na mad country.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Hamachi(f): 9:24am On Jun 24, 2022
TheGift:

Ok.

There are no merits or demerits, per say. It all depends on the individual their preferences and peculiar circumstances.

For me, some things I hate about the island these days though are:

*Its getting more and more crowded than when we were growing up
*Traffic not only because of the crowd of residents but for the many visitors who come there for work and play
*Fake life; many pretentious people, living in poor overpriced accommodation, just to be able to say they live on the island.
*The water especially in Lekki axis has smell and taste, and you have to spend money on drinking and bathing water. I can’t even use my filter for it.
*Flooding during the rainy seasons and it is no respecter of locations as floods regularly hit Lekki, Ikoyi, VGC, VI and even banana island. And it’s not surprising because a lot of the island is sand filled land. Where I live on the mainland it can rain for a whole month and there will still be no flooding. The ground is high, the are wide drainages and the entire suburb is surrounded by a canal where all the water drains
*Related to the above, I suspect that there will be a major flooding or tsunami event, sometime in the near or far future and places like the island, which have been massively sand filled will be worst hit. As far back as the early nineties I remember an over flowing of bar beach that covered Ahamadu Bello Way and got as far as 1004.
*I also personally like where I live and work on the mainland cos I am 15 minutes from the local and international airports as well as Lagos Ibadan on the very rare occasion that I need to head out by road.

I hope with this few points of mine, I have been able to convince you why, I a former islander chose to become a full time mainlander. cheesy

Please Note: what works for me may not work for you.
Standing ovation

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by DaBogu: 5:40pm On Jun 27, 2022
The one that gives you peace of mind.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Hamachi(f): 5:35am On Jul 04, 2022
shocked
Oyindamolah:
Them dey play una. Request for it. Why should you be paying for HMO? Nigerian na mad country.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by eedhrisademola(m): 8:21am On Jul 14, 2022
Oyindamolah:
E tire me well
Na wen Nigeria go beta lyk dis?

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Oyindamolah: 3:01am On Jul 15, 2022
eedhrisademola:

E tire me well
My brother I just tire for some employers.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Hamachi(f): 7:36am On Jul 16, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Create your own job

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by eedhrisademola(m): 4:22pm On Jul 20, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Well am not sure e go really beta as our so called leaders dey totori us

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Hamachi(f): 4:14am On Jul 21, 2022
undecided
Hamachi:
Create your own job
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Oyindamolah: 2:29am On Jul 23, 2022
eedhrisademola:

Well am not sure e go really beta as our so called leaders dey totori us
Join the Job WhatsApp group
https:///Hop7R158wgl4gopzAsqZpF
It's a first come first serve basis
Re: Which One Would You Take? by eedhrisademola(m): 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Join the Job WhatsApp group https:///Hop7R158wgl4gopzAsqZpF It's a first come first serve basis
OKAY!
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Oyindamolah: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2022
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Hamachi(f): 5:15am On Feb 24, 2023
eedhrisademola:

E tire me well
Voting the right leaders
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Rinoxy: 3:30pm On Feb 24, 2023
Konjiboii:

It's not entirely free in most places but discounted
HMO has never been free from the inception of the concept.

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Pojomojo: 8:26am On Feb 25, 2023
Rinoxy:

HMO has never been free from the inception of the concept.
it's free, the company pay in your behalf

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Rinoxy: 9:11am On Feb 25, 2023
Pojomojo:
it's free, the company pay in your behalf
Let me explain it to you, a percentage is taken from your monthly gross salary amongst other deductions like tax, pensions, housing(in the case of FG workers).
I'm an FG worker so I know what I'm saying.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Pojomojo: 11:19pm On Feb 25, 2023
Rinoxy:

Let me explain it to you, a percentage is taken from your monthly gross salary amongst other deductions like tax, pensions, housing(in the case of FG workers).
In private sector it's different.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Hamachi(f): 5:18am On May 07, 2023
shocked
Rinoxy:

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Hamachi(f): 5:50am On May 07, 2023
wink
lightheart:
Mainland. 120k

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apply For Africa's Young Entrepreneurs (A.Y.E) Job Recruitment (7 Positions) / Npower: Mobile Money Agents Training Commences / How Best Do I Answer These Interview Questions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.