Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

Which One Would You Take? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which One Would You Take? (13857 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which One Would You Take? by dheolexaone(f): 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
Look, don't go and Kee urself because u want to chill the bam bam on the island.
The 30k difference will cost u almost ur life wt Lagos traffic and stress of catching up early to work.
Forget any private company that promises you pension. It ain't worth it cuz u will eventually leave for greater prospects.
Check ur stat and see the job that favour your ease in ur way of living.
Both have HMO and d 120k has 13th month leave.
Think twice wt ur head before Osborne to 3rd mainland traffic choke ur tie abi ur life.

A wise man once said, start from somewhere, if u ain't on a government job, forget about job security in Nigeria, prepare ur mind and leave the present. The future u see, will be bright if ur present is well taken care of.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which One Would You Take? by HeavenVGate: 5:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
sorosoke101:
health is wealth
The free service renders isn't quality/ standard.. trust me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Worksunlimited: 6:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hamachi:
A job on the island 150k or a job on the mainland 120k

You reside in Ketu

120k mainland
Re: Which One Would You Take? by LIGHTROOM: 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
I will advise you to take the 45k Job in nairaland or the 30k job in ogoni land.
Busy body
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Brunosamel(m): 6:21pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hamachi:

You reside in Ketu
What do you need pension for when you create your own pension scheme be a part of pension company and secure your funds.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Coded081(m): 6:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Your location will determine
Re: Which One Would You Take? by ImaIma1(f): 7:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hamachi:

You reside in Ketu

Go for the 150k. It has pension and HMO. Those two are very key.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by TheOmoney(m): 7:10pm On Jun 21, 2022
Hamachi:
Health Management Organization more like free health care for you

Health Insurance....not totally free... U're paying a paltry sum of just 10-20%
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:

For any company with more than 15 employees, the minimum contribution is mandatory. So if the companies don't remit, does it mean they have less than 15 employees or are they flagrantly flouting the law?

Yes, they are flagrantly flouting the law grin

As you know, Nigerians are law breakers

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by abbasajao(m): 7:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
Base your decision on long time benefits.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Greazyman99: 7:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
alizma:

Embrace the 150k
No fucking difference
Re: Which One Would You Take? by hardbody: 7:48pm On Jun 21, 2022
AndSunGorilla:
Think long term, which one gives you more opportunity to grow and increase your income multiple folds in a couple of years. Any company that doesn't offer pension doesn't look like a structured place to work. Isn't pension compulsory by law provided the employer has a certain number of employees?

Dead right. I was wondering how many employees, considering the Act makes it mandatory to have Pension in place for any company with 5 staff and above. Further on the topic, Island opens up more vistas and opportunities. Finally, career growth and the sustainability of the company over a medium term should also be critically reviewed,

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by nini007(m): 7:55pm On Jun 21, 2022
enemachris:
I would have advised you to take the 120K, but where do you stay? Mainland or Island?. Have you also made inquiry as regards the working environment? Those are the factors to consider. Which one has more job security?
This Is a clear example that people don't read
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Stankovic22: 8:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
Forget the island hype, cost of accommodation in mainland is so outrageous and worst is that you can't get value for the money you paid.

On island a 500k apartment will be so sweet but come to mainland a 500k apartment will get you one stinky old building.

What about transportation? When people complain about Lagos traffic 80% of them happens in mainland... You see second rainbow to Tin can, oshodi to iyana ipaja, iyana Isolo to ikotun? I don't think any traffic on island can compare to any of those...

Aside that, transportation on mainland is so annoying, rubbish danfo yet very expensive... You see that N300 they charge you guys from ilaje to Bogije on island if na mainland that distance you must pay N500 and above.

On mainland surviving there is a risk, 90% of truck accidents na mainland, 90% of cult clash ma mainland, 90% of robbery na mainland.

Come to Job opportunities except places like Apapa, ilupeju and ikeja most mainland work na factory work but island you have offices and a better chance to grow or change job.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Yinksy09(m): 9:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
It depends on the cost of transportation.
If I spend less on transport monthly while working on the mail and then I go for that.

You can get a good power bank from Oraimo at a discount price during their e-shop 2nd anniversary sales.

Re: Which One Would You Take? by IyaTola: 11:49pm On Jun 21, 2022
Stankovic22:
Forget the island hype, cost of accommodation in mainland is so outrageous and worst is that you can't get value for the money you paid.

On island a 500k apartment will be so sweet but come to mainland a 500k apartment will get you one stinky old building.

What about transportation? When people complain about Lagos traffic 80% of them happens in mainland... You see second rainbow to Tin can, oshodi to iyana ipaja, iyana Isolo to ikotun? I don't think any traffic on island can compare to any of those...

Aside that, transportation on mainland is so annoying, rubbish danfo yet very expensive... You see that N300 they charge you guys from ilaje to Bogije on island if na mainland that distance you must pay N500 and above.

On mainland surviving there is a risk, 90% of truck accidents na mainland, 90% of cult clash ma mainland, 90% of robbery na mainland.

Come to Job opportunities except places like Apapa, ilupeju and ikeja most mainland work na factory work but island you have offices and a better chance to grow or change job.
What are you saying?
Re: Which One Would You Take? by IyaTola: 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2022
hardbody:

Dead right. I was wondering how many employees, considering the Act makes it mandatory to have Pension in place for any company with 5 staff and above. Further on the topic, Island opens up more vistas and opportunities. Finally, career growth and the sustainability of the company over a medium term should also be critically reviewed,
What if it's a church?
Re: Which One Would You Take? by IyaTola: 11:51pm On Jun 21, 2022
Coded081:
Your location will determine
Do you read before you comment?!
Re: Which One Would You Take? by IyaTola: 11:52pm On Jun 21, 2022
HeavenVGate:

The free service renders isn't quality/ standard.. trust me.
It depends on the HMO e.g Hygeia is superb!!!
Re: Which One Would You Take? by jimcaddy(m): 1:39am On Jun 22, 2022
Depends on where you live. If you live on the mainland, then you have to choose mainland. That increase on the salary of the job on the island will reduce when you factor in transportation cost daily to and fro.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Take? by Chamberlin1983(m): 5:15am On Jun 22, 2022
Lol.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Myke99: 5:45am On Jun 22, 2022
Hamachi:

You reside in Ketu

Come to island for exposure

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by TheGift: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2022
Hamachi:

You reside in Ketu

If you are looking at it purely from a cost perspective , the one that costs you less to transport to and fro and which won’t cost you more in accommodation costs.

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by TheGift: 10:03am On Jun 22, 2022
Myke99:

Come to island for exposure

Which one is exposure again? The workers and that travel from ogun state to work in Lekki and go back, are they not also exposed ?

P.S. I grew up on the island. Now I live on the mainland, in an estate that can compare with many on the island. I have been exposed in both places.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by IyaTola: 2:58pm On Jun 22, 2022
grin
TheGift:

Which one is exposure again? The workers and that travel from ogun state to work in Lekki and go back, are they not also exposed ?
P.S. I grew up on the island. Now I live on the mainland, in an estate that can compare with many on the island. I have been exposed in both places.
Please, share the difference for others to learn.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by DeeOne98(m): 4:05pm On Jun 22, 2022

Re: Which One Would You Take? by TheGift: 8:47pm On Jun 22, 2022
IyaTola:
grin Please, share the difference for others to learn.

Is there anything in my post implying that there is any difference? If anything , I am saying exposure can be gotten on both the island and the mainland.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Would You Take? by IyaTola: 12:08am On Jun 23, 2022
TheGift:

Is there anything in my post implying that there is any difference? If anything , I am saying exposure can be gotten on both the island and the mainland.
Maybe you go me wrong, I am saying state the advantages/demerits of staying on the mainland/island
Re: Which One Would You Take? by lavylilly: 2:38am On Jun 23, 2022
If you working on the island and earning less than 100k as gross, I raise yansh for you. My neighbors wakes up every day by 4:30am, ready to go to work by 5:30am, even on public holidays he wakes up by 4:30am
Re: Which One Would You Take? by Truvelisback(m): 3:58am On Jun 23, 2022
Hamachi:
why?
I do not even earn up to half of ur Salary.
Re: Which One Would You Take? by SMJay: 9:17am On Jun 23, 2022
The question is how long has the person be jobless
Is he married or single?

1 Like

Re: Which One Would You Take? by eedhrisademola(m): 12:21pm On Jun 23, 2022
Baba40:

Not free... You are paying for it
You don hear!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Posting Of CV Througn Mobile Phone.. / Has Anyone Been Contacted By The Nigeria Police Force Force For Interview???? / Amotekun: Oyo Arrests Fake Recruitment Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.