Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,437 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 AM

Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business (1397 Views)

Opportunities In Agro Storage / #100,000 Per Week Business Idea: Hidden Treasure In Agro Commodity Trading / Invest In Agro Business And Food Processing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Ephetar: 10:28am On Jun 21, 2022
Good morning guys, Please I need a sincere advice...I want to venture into agriculture. From the look of things, Agro business seems quite profitable in Southern Nigeria and I want to go into it...I am thinking of either Poultry or fish farming. Don't know which is more profitable... I'll also appreciate more agro business suggestions as a friend was telling me to go into snail farming.

Note;
I can give 2 hours daily to this business, I have acquired a 100*50 ft Land, Location;South-South, Budget= 10M... Please I don't want scammers in this thread... Thanks ...
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Maryam1234(f): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Agro-business is profitable indeed, it's the new gold-mine for those into it.I pray you get good advice needed for this new venture Sir, Nairalanders are wonderful people.I know nothing about Fishery hence, I would have pend my signature.
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Exoticfarmer: 3:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
There are a few factors to be considered. The more lucrative an agricultural business is, the greater the skill required.
In a nutshell make your choice based on these:
» Your Knowlege and experience; This will reduce the risk of monetary loss.
» Availability & cost of raw-materials.
» Demand

It may be safer to start from a small scale if you are unsure of your experience.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Kingkum: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2022
Exoticfarmer:
There are a few factors to be considered. The more lucrative an agricultural business is, the greater the skill required.
» Demand

It may be safer to start from a small scale if you are unsure of your experience.
OP, take this advice for your own good. nobody can say it better.

don't go and start investing in something you know nothing about o

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Ephetar: 9:32pm On Jun 22, 2022
Maryam1234:
Agro-business is profitable indeed, it's the new gold-mine for those into it.I pray you get good advice needed for this new venture Sir, Nairalanders are wonderful people.I know nothing about Fishery hence, I would have pend my signature.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Ephetar: 9:33pm On Jun 22, 2022
Exoticfarmer:
» Demand

Okay... thanks for this input... I'm someone who's ever ready to learn...are you into any agro biz? Would you mind teaching me?
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Mickeyj: 11:35pm On Jun 22, 2022
I would advice you go into agro commodity trading since your capital is huge. If you have a company or business registered. You can get contract of supplying goods to companies. You can source for this products in the north and then move them down to the companies.
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Ephetar: 12:03am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickeyj:
I would advice you go into agro commodity trading since your capital is huge. If you have a company or business registered. You can get contract of supplying goods to companies. You can source for this products in the north and then move them down to the companies.

Sent you a DM....want to learn about this....Yea I have already registered an Agro company with the CAC... Thanks
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Maryam1234(f): 8:02am On Jun 23, 2022
Mickeyj:
Nice input, people are making it daily from the sales of Agro-Commodity.But study your Market, and know what's in demand, you can decide to be a wholsaler, it's quick ROI and Consistency that's the bane of modern business.
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Maryam1234(f): 8:05am On Jun 23, 2022
Don't commit your resources without thorough investigation,if possible advertise your Market down and have willing buyer's on ground before purchasing.Good luck in your quest for financial Independence.I normally tease people to list how many Billionaires that are Civil Servants,non. kiss
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Ephetar: 9:00am On Jun 23, 2022
Maryam1234:
Don't commit your resources without thorough investigation,if possible advertise your Market down and have willing buyer's on ground before purchasing.Good luck in your quest for financial Independence.I normally tease people to list how many Billionaires that are Civil Servants,non. kiss

Thanks Maryam...You mind sharing connections of successful farmers with me?
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Mrsoft3(m): 2:14pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ephetar:
Good morning guys, Please I need a sincere advice...I want to venture into agriculture. From the look of things, Agro business seems quite profitable in Southern Nigeria and I want to go into it...I am thinking of either Poultry or fish farming. Don't know which is more profitable... I'll also appreciate more agro business suggestions as a friend was telling me to go into snail farming.

Note;
I can give 2 hours daily to this business, I have acquired a 100*50 ft Land, Location;South-South, Budget= 10M... Please I don't want scammers in this thread... Thanks ...

For this budget I would just advice you to venture in to agro comodity trading.

You can buy/source for maize
Soybeans
Groundnut cake
Sorghum and deliver it to feed producing company. Get this commodity at a cheaper rate and sell to them, poultry and fishery is good but with that budget you can do better and make good gains.

You can target harvest period and buy cheaply, you can try sourcing from villages, get a central warehouse for lease and take it there. Finding buyers is not a problem in our feed milling industry, or even those in oil making industry.
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Mrsoft3(m): 2:15pm On Jun 23, 2022
And if you don't want to go through much stress places like comx by afex will give you trading platform for agro comodity exchange, you are guaranteed 20 percent of your investment. You can check them out.

I can guarantee you what I am saying
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by amadasunfarm(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2022
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Maryam1234(f): 8:04pm On Jun 23, 2022
Ephetar:

Thanks Maryam...You mind sharing connections of successful farmers with me?
Y not? Just send me a DM

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Anthony20: 9:26pm On Jun 23, 2022
Please get training and a manual . The following are most lucrative
1 Maize
2 Rice
3 Water Mellon
4 Cassava
Please DO NOT waist money KNOWLEDGE is most import.

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Jatech: 2:47am On Jun 24, 2022
I have more than 100000hts of land for leasehold and freehold.its a community land nothing to fear or warry about.you will one on one face to face discussion with the community chairman there will be well document paper to be sign and the land is very affordable 50k/ecr. The said land is situated in a community off warri/sapele road delta state.
For details wassap number 08063437093 call line 07059000488

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Jatech: 3:03am On Jun 24, 2022
If you have such budget I will advice you to go into cassava processing.in cassava there are varieties of finish product you can get from like garri,starch,flour,akpu etc and that same peel you see as wast can be converted to animal feed for goat,pig,ship and bird which will be very lucrative if attached pig by the side .i have a full knowledge of this from setting up to processing to marketing .if you are interested I am ready to details in full wassap 08063437093 call 07059000488

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Fish4wealth: 12:42pm On Jun 24, 2022
This is equally strongly supported by me... But just to add few complement..
Whatever business you must go into... TIME INVESTMENT is non negotiable especially in a terrain you had no experience neither skills nor ready made market..

As a farmer with experience in catfish and ugu farming alongside fish processing and exportation... I can speak authoritatively on both farming and agro commodity trading where you will have better information on the merits and demerits of both.
https://www.facebook.com/AgroWealthNG

You can visit the above link to know more.

Food insecurity is real, we need more people in the sector.

Exoticfarmer:
» Demand

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by amadasunfarm(m): 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2022
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Tkingg(m): 5:32pm On Jul 02, 2022
Hmmm

10m naira is a big money

Are you ready to loose it, if not don't go into any agro business, in fact don't go into any business.

Sir, what you are suppose to be talking about now is training. At least you will need six months to 1 year of training before you can be successful in agro business.

If you think the time is much be ready to spend all that money on trial and error which will gift you frustration and depression.

You mention that you can only spare two hours of your time! I laugh in Swahili

Better go for training or continue doing what give you that 10m naira.

That my one cent

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by neogric: 12:19am On Jul 13, 2022
Mrsoft3:

For this budget I would just advice you to venture in to agro comodity trading.

You can buy/source for maize
Soybeans
Groundnut cake
Sorghum and deliver it to feed producing company. Get this commodity at a cheaper rate and sell to them, poultry and fishery is good but with that budget you can do better and make good gains.

You can target harvest period and buy cheaply, you can try sourcing from villages, get a central warehouse for lease and take it there. Finding buyers is not a problem in our feed milling industry, or even those in oil making industry.

Speaking of Sorghum, here are some of the benefits:

Sorghum is a nutrient-dense grain that may be used in a variety of ways. It’s high in B vitamins, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc, among other vitamins and minerals. It also contains a high amount of fiber, antioxidants, and protein.

More benefits of sorghum can be found here

1 Like

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 14, 2022
Buy 1 acre of land anywhere you can get it below 200k per plot (1m).

Fence it with mesh wire (1m).

Build 2 brooding room for turkey, noiler and broiler at 1.5m (750k each) depending on the cost of materials and labour in you area

Build three 150 capacity turkey layers pen at cost cost of 1.5m (500k each).

Build 100 capacity goat pen at the cost of 300k (no need for flooring).

Build your water system (dig well and buy two submersible water pumps). 400k plus tank

Buy all the necessary poultry equipment which is less than 100k.

Buy 1 generator and plan for 2000w solar power 1.3m

Move in to one of your brooding room.

Buy 250 day old turkey (250k) and look around for mentorship, retain 100 females and 25 males and sell the rest. Repeat this continuously

Buy 70 female goat (doe) and 7 he goat cultivate 2 hectares for maize and alfalfa silage to feed them which will cost you less than 200k. 1m

The remaining cash and the six weeks you're selling continously will cater for you and your weekly budget till your first set of layers begins to lay. With over 600 layers at your disposal after the end of the first year you'll be making at least 800k weekly as profit after all expenses have been deducted. It's risky but you can minimize the risk if you don't welcome visitors in your farm or stay long in hatchery.

Don't hire any staff until your second year.

2 Likes

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 08, 2022
DeejaywonDJ1:
Buy 1 acre of land anywhere you can get it below 200k per plot (1m).

Fence it with mesh wire (1m).

Build 2 brooding room for turkey, noiler and broiler at 1.5m (750k each) depending on the cost of materials and labour in you area

Build three 150 capacity turkey layers pen at cost cost of 1.5m (500k each).

Build 100 capacity goat pen at the cost of 300k (no need for flooring).

Build your water system (dig well and buy two submersible water pumps). 400k plus tank

Buy all the necessary poultry equipment which is less than 100k.

Buy 1 generator and plan for 2000w solar power 1.3m

Move in to one of your brooding room.

Buy 250 day old turkey (250k) and look around for mentorship, retain 100 females and 25 males and sell the rest. Repeat this continuously

Buy 70 female goat (doe) and 7 he goat cultivate 2 hectares for maize and alfalfa silage to feed them which will cost you less than 200k. 1m

The remaining cash and the six weeks you're selling continously will cater for you and your weekly budget till your first set of layers begins to lay. With over 600 layers at your disposal after the end of the first year you'll be making at least 800k weekly as profit after all expenses have been deducted. It's risky but you can minimize the risk if you don't welcome visitors in your farm or stay long in hatchery.

Don't hire any staff until your second year.

I love this advice so much. Thank you very much poster. I will contact you soon (at the appropriate time). I will need you to elaborate more on this and even provide guidance and mentorship if necessary. Again thank you very much
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by GetDoings72: 9:57am On Sep 08, 2022
I'm considering investing in Candel - but I dnt know if they are still open and operating ?

Also, I don't know 2 much about Charles Anudu- the guy de do things - is he naija still or is he in US or Canada ?

Man, hard to ivnest when I can't find any of this info.
Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by XAUBulls: 5:48pm On Feb 25, 2023
Exoticfarmer:
» Demand

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by XAUBulls: 6:05pm On Feb 25, 2023
Fish4wealth:
This is equally strongly supported by me... But just to add few complement..
Whatever business you must go into... TIME INVESTMENT is non negotiable especially in a terrain you had no experience neither skills nor ready made market..

As a farmer with experience in catfish and ugu farming alongside fish processing and exportation... I can speak authoritatively on both farming and agro commodity trading where you will have better information on the merits and demerits of both.
https://www.facebook.com/AgroWealthNG

You can visit the above link to know more.

Food insecurity is real, we need more people in the sector.

Re: Please Advice; Investing In Agro Business by AlphaJazz: 4:54pm On Mar 01, 2023
Exoticfarmer:
» Demand

(1) (Reply)

Dekoraj Farms Battery Cages / Own A Plantain/banana Plantation Without Lifting A Finger / Agricultural Investment For Youths!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.