Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. (555 Views)

Nigeria Ranked 16th In FBI Global Cybercrime Victims Report / Nigeria Ranked The 5th Highest Rate Of Suicide In The World By Spectator Index / Nigeria Ranks 3rd In Global Internet Crimes Behind UK, US – NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Henribest8(m): 12:24pm On Jun 21, 2022
The Global terrorism index has put in place the most terrorised country in the world.

The list which was published recently saw about nine African countries making the list while Asia countries were also on the list but few in numbers. No European country was placed on this list compared to about Nine African countries championing the list.

Afghanistan is ranked number one as the most terrorised country in the world. Iraq is placed second, Somalia claimed the third position while Burkinafaso is ranked fourth. Syria is ranked fifth. Nigeria is however ranked 6th most terrorised country in the world. Other countries that made up the 15 most terrorised countries include the likes of Mali ranked in the seventh position, Niger placed in the eighth position, Myanmar ranked ninth on the list, Pakistan ranked tenth on the list, Cameroon is ranked eleventh, India is ranked twelveth, Mozambique is ranked thirteenth, Colombia is ranked fourteenth while Egypt completed the list as the fifteenth most terrorised country in the world.

https://news-af.feednews.com/news/detail/edda0709cd6fb4f986fa7d884f21d073

Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by airminem(f): 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2022
angry
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2022
No thanks to igbos and abokis.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Oxfordgrade: 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2022
Upon all the gun violence in America yet, you won't see them here
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
grin
At last they are leading somewhere.. grin
Nine Africa country championing the list..but when it comes to innovation and development they are zero.. grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
Oxfordgrade:
Do you even understand what terrorism is? grin
How is USA a terrorised nation?
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Oxfordgrade: 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Do you even understand what terrorism is? grin
How is USA a terrorised nation?
yes dear! "Terrorism is an act of using violence or force to intimidate others unlawfully" this is a common crime in the state yet, they won't make the list. School shooting and drug war are part of terrorism! Travel out or better still, read and watch INTERNATIONAL news ok.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Boogyman557: 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2022
Holly Gram cool We suppose de for 1st...

I was arrested yesterday morning but got released in the evening!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by BigYash: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2022
Oxfordgrade:
America doesn't joke with terrorists,but here they are recruited into Nigerian military. No just compare rubbish this morning my nigga.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by playfrank(m): 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2022
Why were you arrested??
Boogyman557:

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by BigYash: 1:02pm On Jun 21, 2022
Boogyman557:

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!
na ashawo quarters them arrest you or na when you dey blah weed? Hope them no use slap put vahulens for your face sha? grin
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Boogyman557: 1:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
playfrank:
Why were you arrested??
Holly Gram cool my Gee!

No be small matterz but u suppose knw say my FACE show and my SHOE shine!

Yesterday morning around 4am, I say make rush go NACK ASHAWOO because cold been de dat morning and rain come de shower!

As I NACK ASHAWOO finish de JAZZ back house, I say make I roll one or 2 WEED for road and SMOKE, NaSo I see police patrol team, Dem grab me for waist..

B4 I knw waiting de xup, I don reach SANKO..

WTF MAN!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Boogyman557: 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2022
BigYash:
na ashawo quarters them arrest you or na when you dey blah weed? Hope them no use slap put vahulens for your face sha? grin
Holly Gram cool lolz. something related to dat..

i say make I JAZZ in ASHAWOO house around 4am because the weather Cold and rain come de shower!

As I NACK ASHAWOO finish, on my way going back home, I say make I roll one or two WEED for road and SMOKE..

NaSo police patrol team Dem catch me, grab me for waist, before I know waiting de happen I don reach SANKO..

WTF MAN!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by BigYash: 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool lolz. something related to dat..

i say make I JAZZ in ASHAWOO house around 4am because the weather Cold and rain come de shower!

As I NACK ASHAWOO finish, on my way going back home, I say make I roll one or two WEED for road and SMOKE..

NaSo police patrol team Dem catch me, grab me for waist, before I know waiting de happen I don reach SANKO..

WTF MAN!
grin 4am ? Them need arrest you o ,atleast make you for allow your joromi rest small. WTF MAN!
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by playfrank(m): 1:15pm On Jun 21, 2022
My G f##k the Police... glad you are free,but you try make you no dy smoke for road until it's legal and also find girlfriend nah.... make you for fit stop to knack ashewo
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool my Gee!

No be small matterz but u suppose knw say my FACE show and my SHOE shine!

Yesterday morning around 4am, I say make rush go NACK ASHAWOO because cold been de dat morning and rain come de shower!

As I NACK ASHAWOO finish de JAZZ back house, I say make I roll one or 2 WEED for road and SMOKE, NaSo I see police patrol team, Dem grab me for waist..

B4 I knw waiting de xup, I don reach SANKO..

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Boogyman557: 1:16pm On Jun 21, 2022
playfrank:
My G f##k the Police... glad you are free,but you try make you no dy smoke for road until it's legal and also find girlfriend na make you for fit stop to back ashewo
Holly Gram cool real talk MAN..

thanks MAN!

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Boogyman557: 1:18pm On Jun 21, 2022
BigYash:
grin 4am ? Them need arrest you o ,atleast make you for allow your joromi rest small. WTF MAN!
Holly Gram cool WTTTTTTTFFFFF MANNNNNNNNN!

lolz..

WTF MAN!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Sladem05: 12:10pm On Dec 15, 2023
Oxfordgrade:
yes dear! "Terrorism is an act of using violence or force to intimidate others unlawfully" this is a common crime in the state yet, they won't make the list. School shooting and drug war are part of terrorism! Travel out or better still, read and watch INTERNATIONAL news ok.

Terrorists are quite different. They have different ideologies and different objectives. Criminals are motived by profit. Terrorists want to politically,culturally and socially influence a group of people. Terrorists are far more brutal than criminals. It’s crazy to even compare the two. How can you compare some like Osama Bin Laden to El Chapo? or Al Baghdadi to Escobar? That’s insane. Criminals are bad but they are nowhere as bad as a terrorist. How can you compare someone that might sell drugs or kill people related to their gang to someone that is ready to enter a public area like a church, hospital, airport, train stations etc with a C4 vest attached to them and blow themselves up killing hundreds of innocent people in the process.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by birth100: 12:52pm On Dec 15, 2023
Sladem05:

Terrorists are quite different. They have different ideologies and different objectives. Criminals are motived by profit. Terrorists want to politically,culturally and socially influence a group of people. Terrorists are far more brutal than criminals. It’s crazy to even compare the two. How can you compare some like Osama Bin Laden to El Chapo? or Al Baghdadi to Escobar? That’s insane. Criminals are bad but they are nowhere as bad as a terrorist. How can you compare someone that might sell drugs or kill people related to their gang to someone that is ready to enter a public area like a church, hospital, airport, train stations etc with a C4 vest attached to them and blow themselves up killing hundreds of innocent people in the process.

Seriously your write up is ambiguous, I don't think you clearly understand what you wrote up there, are you trying to tell us gun violence can't be categorized as terrorism, don't get you.
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by bigwig071(m): 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2023
Anywhere Islam dey...
Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by Sladem05: 10:29am On Dec 21, 2023
birth100:

Seriously your write up is ambiguous, I don't think you clearly understand what you wrote up there, are you trying to tell us gun violence can't be categorized as terrorism, don't get you.

How?

Not all Gun Violence can be marked as terrorism. There’s a difference between commiting a crime and a terrorist act. Terrorisms is more political in nature. An Act of terrorism has a political objective. Criminals such as gangs or hackers or whatever are not terrorist . They are criminals. So there is a clear difference between terrorism and crime. One is politically motivated. The other is more profit motivated.

Terrorism definition according to Oxford Languages:
“the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

Are gangs, robbers, hackers and other kinds of criminals politically motivated to carry out their crimes? NO. Thus Oxfordgrade’s point is mute.

What I’m trying to say is that you can’t put the terrorists and criminals under the same basket which is what you are doing. Your claim that the US is the most terrorised nation in the world is fallacious when it doesn’t harbour the world’s deadliest terrorist organisations. The Middle East and Africa are viewed by the international community as the most terrorised regions on earth. There is no disputing this. Those regions house the most well known terrorists organisations like ISI, Al- Qaeada,Boko Haram,Al-Shabaab, IS West Africa etc.

Oxfordgrade just mentioned half the definition of a terrorism which is that “it is an act of using violence or force to intimidate others unlawfully” missing out the “political objectives part” 😂😂.

I’m not saying that terrorism doesn’t exist in the West. There is particularly domestic terrorism. But outside fringe societies like (The Order) or Supremacist Groups (like KKK). It is nothing like what is seen in Nigeria and the rest of Africa. You would be nuts to think that The USA or any other Western society is as terrorised as Nigeria or any African one. You would be out of your mind to that.

A black gang in America robbing some liquor store or robbing a bank or hackers holding sensitive information for organisations for ransom (E.g Insomniac had a data breach, and the hackers want 2 million dollars or the information goes viral) is not a terrorist act. Heck even a mass shooting is a not a terrorist act. It’s a violent crime
While there is no widely accepted definition:
“A mass shooting is a violent crime in which one or more attackers kill or injure multiple individuals simultaneously using a firearm”

“The motive for mass shootings (that occur in public locations) is usually that they are committed by deeply disgruntled individuals who are seeking revenge for failures in school, career, romance, or life in general[7] or who are seeking fame or attention[8] with at least 16 mass shooters since the Columbine massacre citing fame or notoriety as a motive.[9] Fame seekers average more than double the body counts, and many articulated a desire to surpass "past records"

“An act of mass shooting is typically defined as terrorist when it "appears to have been intended" to intimidate or to coerce people;[26] although a mass shooting is not necessarily an act of terrorism solely by itself.[2]”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shooting

And as I said previously, Terrorism and Criminality are two very distinct things. One is much more serious than the other.Terrorists contribute to the destabilising of a region and are not just threats to their region but to the international community as a whole. You cannot compare a drug dealer or crime boss to people that fight with militaries, mercenaries, bomb public areas, raid areas and take over them.

There is Crime in America and The West. No doubt about that: But Terrorism? No. Not like what is seen in the Middle East or Africa.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Ranked 6th Most Terrorised Nation In The World, 3rd In Africa. by teejay29(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2023
Point of correction, northern Nigeria

(1) (Reply)

Ekweremadu: London Doctor Turned Down Nigerian 'organ-harvesting Parents' / Populr Ghanaian Tiktok Star Poisoned To Death By Her Close Friends / Police Extorts $24 From A Man For Having Cardi B's Pic On His Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.