Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,540 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:38 PM

Kassim Afegbua, A Former Edo Commissioner For Information, Has Dumped The Peopl - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kassim Afegbua, A Former Edo Commissioner For Information, Has Dumped The Peopl (396 Views)

Kassim Afegbua To Resign Over Atiku’s Choice Of Okowa As Running Mate / Kassim Afegbua Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu In Okpella, Etsako East LGA / Kassim Afegbua Declares Support For APC, Ize-Iyamu In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kassim Afegbua, A Former Edo Commissioner For Information, Has Dumped The Peopl by Amb1045(m): 3:31pm On Jun 21, 2022
Kassim Afegbua dumps PDP

Kassim Afegbua, a former Edo Commissioner for Information, has dumped the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Afegbua, in a letter he personally signed and addressed to the chairman of his ward, said his decision to withdraw from the party was part of his protest that power should be shifted to the Southern part of Nigeria come 2023.

He described as hypocritical and manipulative the process that produced Atiku Abubakar and his running mate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, as standard-bearers of the party for the 2023 presidential election.

”Dear Chairman, Let me use this medium to convey to you, my resignation from being a member of the Peoples Democratic Party, Ward 5, Awuyemi, Okpella.

“My reason is borne out of my long-held and well-publicized position that it is the turn of the Southern part of Nigeria to produce the next president, in line with the provisions of Article 7 of the party’s constitution.

“Since the party has jettisoned the provision and manipulated the convention by eliminating zoning, my aspiration as a member is impaired.

“The same party that eliminated zoning has all of a sudden, settled for a running mate from the South in the person of Senator Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa. I would have thought that having eliminated zoning, the candidate would choose his vice from any part of the country; including the zones of the North.

“This reality presents a hypocritical emanation that can neither stand the true test of justice, fairness, and equity nor prospective legal challenges.” he wrote.

Re: Kassim Afegbua, A Former Edo Commissioner For Information, Has Dumped The Peopl by Fahdiga(m): 3:32pm On Jun 21, 2022
All because of the love for Peter Obi

1 Like

Re: Kassim Afegbua, A Former Edo Commissioner For Information, Has Dumped The Peopl by Kingpin1000: 3:45pm On Jun 21, 2022
Man has been at loggerheads with Obaseki, but unfortunately Obaseki became an ally to Atiku and also at loggerheads with Wike.
Unfortunately if Atiku wins,Obaseki will have a firm grip of the party structure and being in the party will just be like a floor member.
Everyone is fighting for their interest.
Re: Kassim Afegbua, A Former Edo Commissioner For Information, Has Dumped The Peopl by Duru009(m): 4:05pm On Jun 21, 2022
This lightweight Politician.... APC spy !

(1) (Reply)

Huge Turnout Of Youths Prevented From Fulfilling PVC Registration In Enugu(vid) / President Buhari Says Nigerians Better Off Infrastructure Today Than 2015 / 20 Senators Set To Dump APC, Party’s Majority Under Threat Kindly Share This Sto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.