Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,701 members, 7,813,307 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

Ogbomosho South LG Chairman: Young Man Combining Kindness, Humanity & Governance - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogbomosho South LG Chairman: Young Man Combining Kindness, Humanity & Governance (397 Views)

Total Votes 130, LP Votes 140.. Abia State. Umuahia South LG / Meet H.R.M Igwe Peter Nwokike Anugwu Igwe Mbaukwu In Awka South LG (photos) / Igede Ekiti Youths Resist Arrest Of Dapo Olagunju, Irepodun/ifelodun LG Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogbomosho South LG Chairman: Young Man Combining Kindness, Humanity & Governance by zaza1955: 5:22pm On Jun 21, 2022
Meet the Ogbomosho South LG caretaker chairman who has been combining kindness and humanity with good governance

Today, while surfing the internet, I came across some photos that really touched my heart and I thought to myself, “this is indeed an act of kindness,” and I must write something on this for people, especially our politicians to see and learn.

This is because, our politicians need to change the narratives. It shouldn’t be business as usual for them. They need to start touching lives.

In the photos, Hon. Niyi Timothy Oyedokun, the Ogbomosho South LG caretaker chairman was seen handing over cheques and cash to some market women in his constituency to help boost their businesses.

You may say this is the way of politicians when elections are approaching, but I assure you, this is different as it is not the first, the second, the third. …… or the last that this will be happening. And this is the more reason I’m putting it out there with my platform, for people to be aware that there’s indeed another kind of politician, a different kind, different in a good way from what we use to have in Nigeria.

In fact ever since he assumed office, its been one good deed after the other and I will share some with you in this article.

For your information, I’m a military blogger and a security analyst, I shouldn’t be writing about this as I’m not a political journalist or analyst, but I just have to put it out there for people to see good governance in full display.

Governance should be about the people and for the people, not about the individuals in government.

The more reason I’m writing this article is my experience many years ago when I was residing in Oyo State (I won’t mention the particular LGA for obvious reasons).

The local government chairman of that LGA at the time hardly stays in Nigeria. He rules from overseas and whenever he’s in town, you only see him for three to four days and he’s back to his family abroad again.

How will such individual know the plight of his people?

In December, 2021, after a Local Government Chairman in a Niger Delta State was awarded best serving LG Chairman in Nigeria, we all saw the report that residents of the LGA including councillors expressed shock, describing the chairman as the worst ever since the creation of the council area.

Similarly, we’ve heard of state Governors that rule their states from Abuja.

But honestly, Hon. Niyi has exceeded mine and many other’s expectations.

Read full article HERE: https://gallantmilitary.org.ng/2022/06/21/meet-the-ogbomosho-south-lg-caretaker-chairman/

Re: Ogbomosho South LG Chairman: Young Man Combining Kindness, Humanity & Governance by LeoDeKing: 5:23pm On Jun 21, 2022
God bless Timothy Oyedokun, a Local Government Chairman for giving the people what rightfully belongs to the.

Anyway, even in imo state, youths are being empowered by a Governor.

10 Likes

Re: Ogbomosho South LG Chairman: Young Man Combining Kindness, Humanity & Governance by Kingozymandias(m): 5:33pm On Jun 21, 2022
LeoDeKing:
God bless Timothy Oyedokun, a Local Government Chairman for giving the people what rightfully belongs to the.

Inciting comments
Cc Seun mynd44 oam4j Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2
Re: Ogbomosho South LG Chairman: Young Man Combining Kindness, Humanity & Governance by Kingozymandias(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2022
LeoDeKing:

Rule 8
Don't post false information on Nairaland.

Seun mynd44 oam4j Lalasticlala Dominique Mukina2

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Inspects Campaign Office In Abuja [photos] / I Can Bet Any Amount Of Money, Tinubu Does Not Have Certificates - Bode George ( / 2023election: Peter Obi’s Supporters Take Campaign To The Next Level (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.